Mdien affect on Cholesterol?

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What is the effect of MDein on cholesterol levels, maybe compared to M1T? I recently did a 4 week Trimax cycle with 16 mg Mdien ED, ending 2 weeks ago. I Had blood work done today and Total was 204, HDL was 43, but LDL was 151. My LDL has been as high as 181 during an M1T cycle, but averages in the last 4 months were around 150 off cycle. The doctor is pushing for Lipitor, but I've been resisting so far. I get the impression from the American Heart Assoc web site that diet and excersice are very favored compared to drug treatment. I'd like to avoid it, since I've read it is hard on the liver as well. My LDL is Borderline High according to the web site. Does anyone here take Lipitor or similar and still (before the ban, of course) take PH's?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Take Red Yeast Rice.
Cut my cholesterol from 200 to ~120 in 60days.
simply amazing.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's some killer effects there deoudes, what brand of RYR do you use?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
i know, right? I couldn't believe it.
the brand is called nature's bounty - just picked it up in Walgreens in florida. don't know if Walgreens is in KY, but i'm sure any old drug store will have it.
$9.49 a bottle.

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
deoudes, what doasage are are you taking? I've been on it for about a month at 2 caps 1 x daily, but I think I will up it to 2 caps 2x daily. (sorry, can't remember mg dosage)

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
the standard dose is 600mg x 2times a day. That's what I did. Use that for 30 days, and then get the lipid profile done.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are you lipid profiles now? Are you taking it consistently?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I have been taking it consistantly, but I cut back the dose slightly, I'm getting blood work done in a few weeks - I'll post results.

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
Take Red Yeast Rice.
Cut my cholesterol from 200 to ~120 in 60days.
simply amazing.
my total cholesterol was 275 my last cycle with hdl very low. my current cycle which is more complex(including tren) and had cholesterol checked for free at walmart was 167(total) they just pricked the finger and placed blood in machine but could not give the breakdown of hdl/ldl. red yeast rice is what i took-it is unbelievable!

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
S.norman, it was 167 while on cycle? That is a huge decrease. My total has only been 200-205, but my HDL has been as high as 185 while on M1T. I have doubts about my HDL, because Ive heard there are two methods, calculated and measured. The tech told me it was measured, but if it varies between 150-185 and my total doesnt change that just doesn't seem right. Or are they unrelated?