Morning Wood?

Troidz

Awards
I don't know if this qualifies as an anabolics question , but I figure you guys would know the most out of everyone. I'm 19 and have noticed the last couple years that I rarely get morning wood anymore. Like maybe 1-2 times a week? Is this normal? Is this any indication of test levels? And if so, how much does it usually cost for bloodwork?

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Judging by your username, you have used some form of anabolics, in which case this doesn't surprise me. But correct me if I'm wrong.

Troidz

Awards
Judging by your username, you have used some form of anabolics, in which case this doesn't surprise me. But correct me if I'm wrong.
No, it was just a nickname given to me by friends because they would joke I was on steroids. I really honestly have never used. If I had, I would have reason to believe that's why I don't have morning wood. lol

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
The first question my doctor asked me when I requested a blood test was, "do you wake up with a hard on every morning?"... So maybe you should get checked... For the record, I'm just saying it couldn't hurt to get checked... I didn't say you have low test...

Troidz

Awards
The first question my doctor asked me when I requested a blood test was, "do you wake up with a hard on every morning?"... So maybe you should get checked... For the record, I'm just saying it couldn't hurt to get checked... I didn't say you have low test...
what sort of doctor should I go to? family doctor? private labs and then bring to an endocrinologist?

abudabu

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a good DOC that cares about his patients.
But most of them don't care if you go limp 24/7 , as long as your basic tests are within the "range".

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only times I wake up with morning wood is when I gotta Piss, on test, or cials

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At 19 unless you're partying a lot or physically exhausted then I would suggest something is off. Lack of morning wood is one of the most obvious indications that a man's HTPA isn't functioning properly.

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Sounds like a good DOC that cares about his patients.
But most of them don't care if you go limp 24/7 , as long as your basic tests are within the "range".
Best doctor I've had... He does actually care for his patients, unlike the ones that do it solely for the money...

Troidz

Awards
No, I really haven't messed with any aas. So what should I do? Go to private labs and get a blood test or should I goto the doctor? He's going to ask why and then what if he says oh that's nothing to worry about you don't need a test

Troidz

Awards
At 19 unless you're partying a lot or physically exhausted then I would suggest something is off. Lack of morning wood is one of the most obvious indications that a man's HTPA isn't functioning properly.
Don't party a lot. Diet is fairly normal.

abudabu

Awards
  • Established
No, I really haven't messed with any aas. So what should I do? Go to private labs and get a blood test or should I goto the doctor? He's going to ask why and then what if he says oh that's nothing to worry about you don't need a test
The real question is : how do you feel ?
Do you have libido problems ? Problem to get it up ?
Of you have symptoms of hormonal imbalance ?
If everything is fine then don't worry to much.

Troidz

Awards
I guess I feel fine, sometimes I feel pretty lethargic. I don't know if that's just a symptom of being a teenager. I don't have a problem to get it up, but I'm definitely not as horny as my friends.

abudabu

Awards
  • Established
I guess I feel fine, sometimes I feel pretty lethargic. I don't know if that's just a symptom of being a teenager. I don't have a problem to get it up, but I'm definitely not as horny as my friends.
Doesn't sound like something to worry much about.
How is your lifestyle ? Do you get enough sleep? Do you eat healthy fats ? Do you working out ?
If there nothing wrong with your lifestyle then ask your doc for tests.

Hard.Gainer

Hard.Gainer

Awards
I'm 28 and still pitch up tents every morning.

ChefJoey

ChefJoey

Awards
Yeah, I wouldn't worry a whole lot.

Certainly don't take anything to try and "fix" it.

If you're really curious, talk to your primary physician.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I'm 28 and still pitch up tents every morning.
Yea? And what are you on? Don't leave that part out all your posts are about steroids, PH's and DS's. I have a problem with people who say they are 28 or older and get morning wood without disclosing what they're taking. Even if it's just a SERM that they're taking but don't say it like oh my HTPA is working perfectly, don't take any supplements and have never touched a drug. You've used steroids.If you're pitching tents every morning tell OP what supps or drugs you're currently using. OP when I wasn't getting morning wood I started supplementing tongkat ali, fenugreek and 2500 iu vitamin D3. Helped a lot.

Edit: IGF-2 by applied nutriceuticals made me extremely horny also

Troidz

Awards
Yea? And what are you on? Don't leave that part out all your posts are about steroids, PH's and DS's. I have a problem with people who say they are 28 or older and get morning wood without disclosing what they're taking. Even if it's just a SERM that they're taking but don't say it like oh my HTPA is working perfectly, don't take any supplements and have never touched a drug. You've used steroids.If you're pitching tents every morning tell OP what supps or drugs you're currently using. OP when I wasn't getting morning wood I started supplementing tongkat ali, fenugreek and 2500 iu vitamin D3. Helped a lot.

Did you ever get tested for low T?

Hard.Gainer

Hard.Gainer

Awards

I Just finished my first oral cycle, in PCT now. Never had a problem with wood before.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I'm 36 and I still get morning wood. I'm not on anything except a multi for 5 weeks now and haven't been "on" since last year. Just last night I woke in the middle of the night with wood. It's not out of the ordinary for me. The only time I've ever not had mw is when I was a couple weeks into a suppressive cycle.

Troidz

Awards
I just want to know if lack of morning wood is a clear indication of something being wrong.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just want to know if lack of morning wood is a clear indication of something being wrong.
Yeah, lack of sleep, hydration, and peace of mind. Fix those and watch what happens.

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
Lol nice bump.Morning wood has to do with REM sleep, not testosterone. Your muscles are paralyzed in REM, including ones in your penis. This is why blood flows to it and you get an erection (there's a muscle to stop bloodflow, but it can't work in REM). So if you're not waking up with a boner, it's poor sleep quality.If anyone has studies that show morning wood and how it relates to HPTA, please share.

Troidz

Awards
Lol nice bump.Morning wood has to do with REM sleep, not testosterone. Your muscles are paralyzed in REM, including ones in your penis. This is why blood flows to it and you get an erection (there's a muscle to stop bloodflow, but it can't work in REM). So if you're not waking up with a boner, it's poor sleep quality.If anyone has studies that show morning wood and how it relates to HPTA, please share.
How do I get better quality sleep? I get about 8 hours a night on average and more on the weekends.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lack of morning wood generally has to do more with high e2 than test. Even when I had 200 levels of test, I was still waking up with wood everyday. If my estrogen gets too high, then that goes away.

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
8 hours - another of those bro myths like the 4 week cycle. Yes, you can still build muscle if you don't sleep 8 hours a night. Everybody's needs for sleep are different. If I sleep 7.5 or more hours per night, I'm tired all day. If I sleep 6-7, I'm great. Better sleep can be achieved many ways - train your ass off (I guarantee you're not training as hard as you think you are), cut caffeine consumption, cut strong stimulants, no preworkout/stims/etc. within X hours of bed, more sex, less stress, better diet, go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, don't wake up in the middle of the night for a protein shake like a ****ing goof - I could go on and on. Research and you'll find many more.

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
Lack of morning wood generally has to do more with high e2 than test. Even when I had 200 levels of test, I was still waking up with wood everyday. If my estrogen gets too high, then that goes away.
Again, it has to do with REM sleep. It's not related to hormones. See post #27.