Baseline
Test......645
E2.........41.0
LH.........4.4

10 Days on 6 mgs E-stane
Test......778
E2.........19.2
LH.........6.2

This is a standalone "cycle"of research grade E-stane. I was interested in a slight bump in performance not only in the weight room but just in life in general. So far it is going great as I do feel more focused in the gym. My lifts have gone up just in one week due to this. Since I have only been on for 10 days, I anticipate my test levels will rise a bit more considering that my LH is substantially elevated above baseline. I am very happy with cutting my E2 in half. I will probably get more bloodwork done in about a month. I thought you guys might find this interesting for PCT purposes or just as a natural boost.

Thoughts or comments are welcome.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not much to say, really Aromasin is a powerful AI. Get free T tested.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
I just recently read a thread on another forum of someone doing the same thing and I believe he had similar results. Aromasin is definitely good stuff but it does tend to dry my joints out. I'm guessing at 6mg/day that isn't an issue though?

anaboliks

Awards
Unfortunately I don't have a free T baseline so it won't do me much good to test that now. Judging by how I feel, I am very happy with my results though.

My joints actually feel better as weird as that sounds. Before the aromasin my shoulders bothered me some. They seem to have lubed up some. Not sure of the explanation for that.

Ancalagon

Ancalagon

Banned
Awards
Hmmmm. The low estrogen levels probably aren't worth the slight test increase. Just my opinion. If you feel great on it, though, more power to you. I personally avoid AIs like the plague unless absolutely necessary. I don't consider them necessary for anything less than mid-high dose test cycles.

Ancalagon

Ancalagon

Banned
Awards
Then you don't understand estrogen.
me? if you say so. low estrogen is bad. just because it is thought of as the "female hormone" doesn't mean it doesn't play a vital role in males as well.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I understand hormones and know that low estrogen is bad. My comment is towards your thinking that an AI is only needed on mid-high cycles. Everyone is different and there are guys on 100mg test that need an AI. Many factors can raise e2 and it needs to be monitored by feel and labs.

Ancalagon

Ancalagon

Banned
Awards
I understand hormones and know that low estrogen is bad. My comment is towards your thinking that an AI is only needed on mid-high cycles. Everyone is different and there are guys on 100mg test that need an AI. Many factors can raise e2 and it needs to be monitored by feel and labs.
Oh, ok. Fair enough. The point I was angling at was that I think people tend to over do aromatase inhibitors when they aren't necessary (or over dose them, not "overdose"). The resulting low estrogen is a detriment to a good cycle.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If someone using standalone AI is still building muscle effectively, and not suffering side effects from low E2, then everything is fine. Standalone AIs can be great methods of TRT if done right and monitored properly.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
If someone using standalone AI is still building muscle effectively, and not suffering side effects from low E2, then everything is fine. Standalone AIs can be great methods of TRT if done right and monitored properly.
Agreed, people have used low dose clomid with great success in place of TRT.

anaboliks

Awards
Exactly. I honestly am trying this out to possibly consider this long term. It seemed impossible to try this with my doctor so I took matter into my own hands. My E2 was within the normal ranges but was on the threshold of being considered "high" even by traditional medicine standards, and to me that means for practical purposes it was already high. It is similar to how someone can be considered having normal T values even though they are on the very bottom of the "healthy" range. Just because I am alive with a heartbeat doesn't mean I am feeling as good as I could be.

Agreed, people have used low dose clomid with great success in place of TRT.
This is actually not my first attempt at trying something similar to this but this is by far the most success I have found. I have tried Clomid, Torem, and Arimidex. For some strange reason the Arimidex actually dropped both my T and E. Clomid made me depressed. Torem made my balls swell up like grape fruits and made me horny as hell but also gave me a touch of anxiety and didn't do much for my E2 levels. There is actually quite a large amount of literature out there with progressive doctors using these medicines off label for HRT. I'm not looking for a huge kick in the pants or balls the size of honeydew melons. I'm just looking for optimal.

Ancalagon

Ancalagon

Banned
Awards
you should get your ldl , hdl and triglycerides checked after being on this for a while. jmo, but I believe most people who have tried this will agree that the slight increase in test levels isn't worth the sides and will likely yield little if any gains in mass. just sayin, people have tried this for years.
after awhile the low E2 levels will probably kill your libido and slight depression will set in. the dose really has to be fine tuned to get the desired effect from ai's. its not easy.
you have only been on it for 10 days, so the joint pain may creep up on you eventually. personally, it gives me tendonitis in my hand so bad that I can hardly lift. then my neck and shoulders start to hurt all the time and I lose energy. also get a touch of anxiety from it. that's with only 10mgs every 3rd day. I only use it at the end of pct now.
my point is, 10 days isn't really long enough to know how this will turn out. you already realize this though, lol ,so I guess I don't really have a point, other than get your lipids checked.
Agreed. Slight test increases that are not supraphysiological have little real result. Not worth the lowered estrogen IMHO.

anaboliks

Awards
When I tried the clomid and and torem it was my first attempt at just feeling better not necessarily addressing estrogen specifically. I was just attempting to achieve a better T/E ratio.

I have just been experimenting every time with blood work and as objectively as possible. I am not going for juice type results. I just want optimal hormone levels. My E2 is squarely in optimal range, not low at all. And so is my test.

anaboliks

Awards
I certainly appreciate all the feedback. I probably should have put this in the anti aging forum.

Oh yes and I certainly will be getting all the pertinent blood work. I always do. Another benefit of aromasin is That it is known to be kind to lipid levels as well as igf levels.

anaboliks

Awards
Total test = 927
E2 = 27.4
Free test = 21.2

Free test range is 8 - 25

Things are looking good and I am feeling good.

anaboliks

Awards
Thanks guys.

It's pretty amazing. That's a 44% increase in Total Test and a 35% decrease in E2.

This will without a doubt give results in the gym and in life. I just slept with my girl probably 6 times over the last 2 days and I don't mean wham bam and done. these were some incredibly satisfying sex sessions.

One thing worth mentioning. My LDL is at 135 which is considered high. The range is 0-99. My HDL looks good though. I have had high cholesterol even when I was in my early twenties. I just eat alot much meat I guess.

Mystere3

Awards
I wouldn't bother with niacin unless your TGs are high; the latest data shows the hdl increases doesn't actually show any clinical benefit.

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
I wouldn't bother with niacin unless your TGs are high; the latest data shows the hdl increases doesn't actually show any clinical benefit.
Which is interesting that you say this because omega 3 at that dose will raise HDL itself. Sometimes that can help LDL drop back to normal ranges but I'm wondering what you are getting at? My grandmother had high LDL and low HDL. She ran niacin for a moment to and it completely fixed it. She pushmowed her tiny yard and dosed niacin. That's the only changes she made

Mystere3

Awards
Which is interesting that you say this because omega 3 at that dose will raise HDL itself. Sometimes that can help LDL drop back to normal ranges but I'm wondering what you are getting at? My grandmother had high LDL and low HDL. She ran niacin for a moment to and it completely fixed it. She pushmowed her tiny yard and dosed niacin. That's the only changes she made
Here's the aim-high trial, which showed while niacin decreased TG and increased HDL, it showed no clinical benefit. Keep in mind high dose niacin can be hepatotoxic and causes side effects like flushing.
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1107579

Here is a summary of the data on omega 3s; generally it seems the effect on preventing heart disease is about the same as statins.

http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/Mobile/article.aspx?articleid=649196

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
Here's the aim-high trial, which showed while niacin decreased TG and increased HDL, it showed no clinical benefit. Keep in mind high dose niacin can be hepatotoxic and causes side effects like flushing.
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1107579

Here is a summary of the data on omega 3s; generally it seems the effect on preventing heart disease is about the same as statins.

http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/Mobile/article.aspx?articleid=649196
OK thanks I'll read up!

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
I'm willing to change my mind if i have info that proves I need to Lol!

anaboliks

Awards
Getting back and bis workout on right now. Without a doubt there have been physical changes in my physique.

Ok back to work.

Chizzle

Awards
Hey man thanks for posting this info.

I had a few blood tests that came back low T or near low T so im thinking of trying this out. Are you still running this protocol at 6mg per day? Any sides to report?