Tamox Powder Conversion to Oral Solution

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Does anyone have a "recipe" they recommend for converting tamox powder into an oral solution (I searched on key words for this, but came up empty)? I would like to avoid using alcohol, for personal reasons. I've heard this can be done using water, but it would need to be shaken each time since it would fall out of suspension. Conversely, I've also heard that using water should be avoided, and that olive oil is a much better approach. Lastly, I've heard that using PG is the approach to use. When all is said and done, I'd like your comments on what you’ve used (except alcohol) and what worked for you.

Thanks.

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I use PEG400.

I basically take a 50ml bottle, fill it half way with PEG400, add 1 gram of tamoxifan, shake a little, then fill the rest up with more PEG400. And presto! you've got 50ml @ 20mg/ml.

I don't even bother heating up, but it still needs to be shaken a little each time.

I don't know how concentrated it can go, it seems pretty saturated at 20mg/ml.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
who's still selling the research powder these days?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
thanks.

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
you could use everclear too and it will dissolve the powder just fine

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In CA we can't get Everclear - and I'd limke to avoid alcohol if I can. I've heard both PED 400 and PEG 600 recommended. Any comments on PEG $00 vs 600?

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
Bacardi 151 may also work in lieu of everclear... but since you don't want to use alcohol, use PEG-400. PEG-400 is a good all around chem for making oral solutions. I've never used PEG-600 so i can't comment on it.

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

I just wanted to clarify something....I noticed for 50ml solutions some people will put in 50ml of solution (EC,151,Peg,etc.) while others will put in 49ml. Same with 100ml solutions, some will put in 100 others will put in 98ml. For ACCURATE DOSING....which is correct. Any reason for leaving out some of the solution, I guess to take into account the volume the powder takes in. I just wanna make sure to get the most accurate dose.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
I just wanted to clarify something....I noticed for 50ml solutions some people will put in 50ml of solution (EC,151,Peg,etc.) while others will put in 49ml. Same with 100ml solutions, some will put in 100 others will put in 98ml. For ACCURATE DOSING....which is correct. Any reason for leaving out some of the solution, I guess to take into account the volume the powder takes in. I just wanna make sure to get the most accurate dose.
Yeah MaNiaK, it's for accuracy purposes. Given the space that the Nolva will take up and that 1g=1mL. Many leave out the two grams of solvent to make room and make sure that it comes out to an even 100mL.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
For the most accurate dosing, you must account for the volume of the powder. Most people assume 1 gram of powder equals 1 ml of volume. That's not entirely accurate but it's close enough.

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
For the most accurate dosing, you must account for the volume of the powder. Most people assume 1 gram of powder equals 1 ml of volume. That's not entirely accurate but it's close enough.

I'm pretty sure 1g of Nolva is much more than 1 ml. Which is why I mentioned mixing it in first and diluting up to the 50ml line which is a short cut around all the headache inducing stuff.

I've mixed other oral solutions, starting with about 48ml, adding less than a gram of a different powder, and it was waaayyy over the 50ml line after mixing.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Of course it's possible that tamox is more than 1 g/ml. We use 1 g/ml because it's simple (and the density of water), but if you have something accurate enough, then add half solvent, then powder, then rest of solven to desired volume.

Where do you guys get the 50 ml bottles accurate to 1 ml? Getpinz?

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
Of course it's possible that tamox is more than 1 g/ml. We use 1 g/ml because it's simple (and the density of water), but if you have something accurate enough, then add half solvent, then powder, then rest of solven to desired volume.

I don't know about the others, but I'm going to use a 10mL oral syringe and the oral syringe I got with my Sesathin (3mL). I figure this should be accurate enough, even if the Tamox is more than 1g/mL. So maybe it's overdosed just a hair. Just my $0.02

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Here's what I do, (although I have some accurate glass pieces, this is easier so I don't have to wash them):

1). Draw the PEG out of it's container with a large syringe measuring 50ml.

2). Squeeze it into your oral solution bottle.

3). Now put your label on, making the top of the label your 50ml marker line.

4). Draw half of the PEG back into the syringe.

5). Add 1 gram of tamox powder.

6). Re-add PEG back up to the top of the label.

7). Put the remaining PEG back into it's original container.

8). Now relax and take a deep breath. It's time to clean up the random drips of PEG so your roommates/girlfriend/mommy don't start asking questions about mysterious substances on the counter/table/whatever.

If you think about it, even if you were off by as much as 2ml, which would be pretty sloppy, the end result would be less than 1mg/ml. And with some of the dosing schemes people come up with, that slight difference isn't going to make a metric ounce of a difference.

Thanks a lot guys. Now I can buy my Tamox powder and feel cool about my solution. Do you guys know where I can buy a bottle with the adapter top? I remember Custom was selling them but didn't see it on the site anymore.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I believe most people source many supplies at Le Melange - although I have yet to purchase there.

PastorofMuppets

Awards
I just dissolved about 2.9 grams in 50ml everclear 151 with no problems.

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't you supposed to dissolve 1 gram into every 50ml of solution, what is your mg/ml ratio? Off the top of my head it seems as though you have just under 60mgs per ml? Surprised you got it into solution, please post your response bro.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
1g=1,000mg
Divide 1000 by 50 and you get 20mg/ml
2.9g=2900mg - 58mg/ml, correct

My surprise was whether or not it will stay suspended in solution. Is your solution Everclear or was it Bacardi 151? Also which is the easiest to take as far as taste....151, everclear, or Peg 400 when using Tamoxifen Citrate and Clomiphene Citrate? Thanks for the help guys!

ChemicalD

Have you seen my stapler???
Awards
Here's what I do, (although I have some accurate glass pieces, this is easier so I don't have to wash them):

1). Draw the PEG out of it's container with a large syringe measuring 50ml.

2). Squeeze it into your oral solution bottle.

3). Now put your label on, making the top of the label your 50ml marker line.

4). Draw half of the PEG back into the syringe.

5). Add 1 gram of tamox powder.

6). Re-add PEG back up to the top of the label.

7). Put the remaining PEG back into it's original container.

8). Now relax and take a deep breath. It's time to clean up the random drips of PEG so your roommates/girlfriend/mommy don't start asking questions about mysterious substances on the counter/table/whatever.

If you think about it, even if you were off by as much as 2ml, which would be pretty sloppy, the end result would be less than 1mg/ml. And with some of the dosing schemes people come up with, that slight difference isn't going to make a metric ounce of a difference.
Now this intelligent person definately knows how to QS a solution properly!
This should be the general guidlines for any oral solution when taking into account displacement from the solid as well as the volume-density aspect of the vehicle.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
Just to update, I did my Nolva solution in 151 earlier today. A couple of clumps here and there, but they're very small. I'll just have to heat and shake before I use it. Good stuff.

PastorofMuppets

Awards
Sorry for not responding earlier.

I was using 151 Everclear, the taste is well horrible, and I highly recommend mixing it with something.