Does Letro hurt gains?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Does Letro hurt gains?

I recently was reading some of Big Cat's articles and he says that cutting estrogen can hurt gains badly. With letro the idea is obviously to cut down bloat and stop bitch tits from forming. But at what cost? How bad does it hurt your gains? Or maybe is there a optimal dosage to take that wouldnt hurt gains but prevent bloat? (I was just using one squirt E3D the last cycle I was doing) Or maybe would nolva do the trick better?

input appreciated!

2. Obese Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy
    I recently was reading some of Big Cat's articles and he says that cutting estrogen can hurt gains badly. With letro the idea is obviously to cut down bloat and stop bitch tits from forming. But at what cost? How bad does it hurt your gains? Or maybe is there a optimal dosage to take that wouldnt hurt gains but prevent bloat? (I was just using one squirt E3D the last cycle I was doing) Or maybe would nolva do the trick better?

input appreciated!

Yes, it hurts gains. The optimal dosage, imo, is none unless needed. If gyno symptoms begin to occur (or you are prone), use Nolva as it is an estrogen antagonist and will be less detrimental during a cycle. Use letro only if bloat gets out of hand.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

I have cycled without it and with and i like it with better never hurt any of my gains maybe a few pounds but its not too bad.

only down side is its effect on igf levels.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

It won't hurt your actual muscle gains at all. You will gain less overall weight, because you won't be holding any subcutaneous water. Some will argue that a little bloat is good. I run letro with anything highly aromatizable, I tend to bloat a lot.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Big Cat's article says that estrogen is also key in makeing gains and that is what letrozole does

Quote Originally Posted by Longdog
    It won't hurt your actual muscle gains at all. You will gain less overall weight, because you won't be holding any subcutaneous water. Some will argue that a little bloat is good. I run letro with anything highly aromatizable, I tend to bloat a lot.
  6. Obese Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy
    Big Cat's article says that estrogen is also key in makeing gains and that is what letrozole does

AI's inhibit aramotizing of estrogen, which if done to a large enough degree, will decrease gains. Estrogen is benefical (in the correct range) during a cycle. This is why I respectfully disagree Londog.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

bryan, i could be wrong, but i thought letro RAISED igf levels

nolva, otoh, lowers it. that, i am sure of
  8. Registered User
    Answers

I have seen some studies that it lowers and some that shows it raises so im unsure now???

I have gyno and completley have to halt estrogen when on cycle now in order to keep it from growing so i dose at 1.25mg ed which is a gang and I do not ever notice anything sugnificant My cycles for some reason always pack about 20 pounds on me that seen to be the limit in my experience for anything 12 weeks or less.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Letro sucks. I cannot emphasize how evil of a supplement this is. Tamoxifen tastes bad but Letrozole is a waste. Just stick to Nolva or Arimidex.
  10. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Forum User X
    Letro sucks. I cannot emphasize how evil of a supplement this is. Tamoxifen tastes bad but Letrozole is a waste. Just stick to Nolva or Arimidex.
    Why is it so evil?
  11. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Forum User X
    Right.

Letro does what Arimidex does, only much, much better. It is the most effective AI out there.

The water retention estrogen causes is beneficial on cycle. However, I bloat so damn much and already have a small amount of gyno from puberty, so I prefer not to take my chances. I will never cycle without letro again.

Also, low estrogen can cause problems with erections and hot flashes. The hot flashes I have experienced, erectile problems I have not.

/karp
  12. Registered User
    Answers

I was a little extreme when I said it was evil. However when taking it, I was still making gains on my lifts and I'm on a cut. I was taking 1.25 mg of it daily. So if it did get in the way of my gains, it must have been minimal.

Libido also was gone when taking it but I knew that was going to happen before I took it.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

If you do a search, you might be surprised at how much 1.25mg will actually suppress estrogen.

Kind of overkill, considering .5mg has been shown to suppress estrogen just as much as 5mg.

This is most likely why your Libido is gone.

Nolvadex is currently #1 for combating estrogen during&post cycle. Do a search on Nolvadex using member name Bobo.

Some extremely good info. there.
  14. SJA
    dead sexy wino
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jrkarp
    Right.

Letro does what Arimidex does, only much, much better. It is the most effective AI out there.

The water retention estrogen causes is beneficial on cycle. However, I bloat so damn much and already have a small amount of gyno from puberty, so I prefer not to take my chances. I will never cycle without letro again.

Also, low estrogen can cause problems with erections and hot flashes. The hot flashes I have experienced, erectile problems I have not.

/karp

How much are you dosing while on? I bloat pretty bad as well so it would be interesting to see if this would curtail that.
  15. Obese Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheTom
    Do a search on Nolvadex using member name Bobo.

Some extremely good info. there.

What's that guy know
  16. Registered User
    Answers

For me at least if I don't use dex, I will bloat up to much (even if I use clomid or nolva) This pisses me off because I also gain fat if I don't use dex. So for me it is better to always use dex
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Does Asprin hurt gains?
    By foland in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 12:58 AM
  2. Does Asprin hurt gains?
    By foland in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 02:10 AM
  3. Does Arimdex on cycle hurt gains?
    By G79 in forum Cycle Info