Does Letro hurt gains?

  1. New Member
    tommyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    226
    Rep Power
    240
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    87.38%

    Does Letro hurt gains?


    I recently was reading some of Big Cat's articles and he says that cutting estrogen can hurt gains badly. With letro the idea is obviously to cut down bloat and stop bitch tits from forming. But at what cost? How bad does it hurt your gains? Or maybe is there a optimal dosage to take that wouldnt hurt gains but prevent bloat? (I was just using one squirt E3D the last cycle I was doing) Or maybe would nolva do the trick better?

    input appreciated!

  2. Obese Member
    Alpha Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    935
    Rep Power
    616
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    42.54%

    Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy
    I recently was reading some of Big Cat's articles and he says that cutting estrogen can hurt gains badly. With letro the idea is obviously to cut down bloat and stop bitch tits from forming. But at what cost? How bad does it hurt your gains? Or maybe is there a optimal dosage to take that wouldnt hurt gains but prevent bloat? (I was just using one squirt E3D the last cycle I was doing) Or maybe would nolva do the trick better?

    input appreciated!

    Yes, it hurts gains. The optimal dosage, imo, is none unless needed. If gyno symptoms begin to occur (or you are prone), use Nolva as it is an estrogen antagonist and will be less detrimental during a cycle. Use letro only if bloat gets out of hand.
  3. Advanced Member
    BryanM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    866
    Rep Power
    563
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    68.99%

    I have cycled without it and with and i like it with better never hurt any of my gains maybe a few pounds but its not too bad.

    only down side is its effect on igf levels.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    Longdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,261
    Rep Power
    771
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    22.84%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    It won't hurt your actual muscle gains at all. You will gain less overall weight, because you won't be holding any subcutaneous water. Some will argue that a little bloat is good. I run letro with anything highly aromatizable, I tend to bloat a lot.
  5. New Member
    tommyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    226
    Rep Power
    240
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    87.38%

    Big Cat's article says that estrogen is also key in makeing gains and that is what letrozole does





    Quote Originally Posted by Longdog
    It won't hurt your actual muscle gains at all. You will gain less overall weight, because you won't be holding any subcutaneous water. Some will argue that a little bloat is good. I run letro with anything highly aromatizable, I tend to bloat a lot.
  6. Obese Member
    Alpha Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    935
    Rep Power
    616
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    42.54%

    Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy
    Big Cat's article says that estrogen is also key in makeing gains and that is what letrozole does

    AI's inhibit aramotizing of estrogen, which if done to a large enough degree, will decrease gains. Estrogen is benefical (in the correct range) during a cycle. This is why I respectfully disagree Londog.
  7. Advanced Member
    jjjd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    703
    Rep Power
    1001
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    69.21%

    bryan, i could be wrong, but i thought letro RAISED igf levels

    nolva, otoh, lowers it. that, i am sure of
  8. Advanced Member
    BryanM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    866
    Rep Power
    563
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    68.99%

    I have seen some studies that it lowers and some that shows it raises so im unsure now???

    I have gyno and completley have to halt estrogen when on cycle now in order to keep it from growing so i dose at 1.25mg ed which is a gang and I do not ever notice anything sugnificant My cycles for some reason always pack about 20 pounds on me that seen to be the limit in my experience for anything 12 weeks or less.
  9. New Member
    Forum User X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    166
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    64.97%

    Letro sucks. I cannot emphasize how evil of a supplement this is. Tamoxifen tastes bad but Letrozole is a waste. Just stick to Nolva or Arimidex.
  10. Guest
    Guest
    Guest's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Forum User X
    Letro sucks. I cannot emphasize how evil of a supplement this is. Tamoxifen tastes bad but Letrozole is a waste. Just stick to Nolva or Arimidex.
    Why is it so evil?
  11. Registered User
    jrkarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    972
    Rep Power
    1995
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    51.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by Forum User X
    Letro sucks. I cannot emphasize how evil of a supplement this is. Tamoxifen tastes bad but Letrozole is a waste. Just stick to Nolva or Arimidex.
    Right.

    Letro does what Arimidex does, only much, much better. It is the most effective AI out there.

    The water retention estrogen causes is beneficial on cycle. However, I bloat so damn much and already have a small amount of gyno from puberty, so I prefer not to take my chances. I will never cycle without letro again.

    Also, low estrogen can cause problems with erections and hot flashes. The hot flashes I have experienced, erectile problems I have not.

    /karp
  12. New Member
    Forum User X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    166
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    64.97%

    I was a little extreme when I said it was evil. However when taking it, I was still making gains on my lifts and I'm on a cut. I was taking 1.25 mg of it daily. So if it did get in the way of my gains, it must have been minimal.

    Libido also was gone when taking it but I knew that was going to happen before I took it.
  13. New Member
    TheTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    40
    Posts
    297
    Rep Power
    294
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    51.11%

    If you do a search, you might be surprised at how much 1.25mg will actually suppress estrogen.

    Kind of overkill, considering .5mg has been shown to suppress estrogen just as much as 5mg.

    This is most likely why your Libido is gone.

    Nolvadex is currently #1 for combating estrogen during&post cycle. Do a search on Nolvadex using member name Bobo.

    Some extremely good info. there.
  14. dead sexy wino
    SJA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,054
    Rep Power
    8153
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    70.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jrkarp
    Right.

    Letro does what Arimidex does, only much, much better. It is the most effective AI out there.

    The water retention estrogen causes is beneficial on cycle. However, I bloat so damn much and already have a small amount of gyno from puberty, so I prefer not to take my chances. I will never cycle without letro again.

    Also, low estrogen can cause problems with erections and hot flashes. The hot flashes I have experienced, erectile problems I have not.

    /karp

    How much are you dosing while on? I bloat pretty bad as well so it would be interesting to see if this would curtail that.
  15. Obese Member
    Alpha Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    935
    Rep Power
    616
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    42.54%

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTom
    Do a search on Nolvadex using member name Bobo.

    Some extremely good info. there.


    What's that guy know
  16. New Member
    csly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    162
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    27.69%

    For me at least if I don't use dex, I will bloat up to much (even if I use clomid or nolva) This pisses me off because I also gain fat if I don't use dex. So for me it is better to always use dex
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Does Asprin hurt gains?
    By foland in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 02:58 AM
  2. Does Asprin hurt gains?
    By foland in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 04:10 AM
  3. Does Arimdex on cycle hurt gains?
    By G79 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 06:32 PM
  4. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 02:56 AM
  5. Does not hurt anymore...
    By Stinger124 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 03:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in