Clenbuterol HCL & Anti-Catabolism

B

biggjohn

Banned
Awards
Of course everybodies different on this one but how muscle sparing did you guys find Clen to be?

G

Grant

Awards
  • Established
I didnt find it to be noticiably muscle sparing. I did find it good for fatloss however, I just dont think that the sides are worth it.

M

mass_builder

Awards
  • Established
human cant tolerate enough dose of clen, that gives you anti-catabolic effects. plus clen is shown to be anti-catabolic in rates, but there is no research that suggets that it dose that in humans.

C

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
if your worried about catabolism, run it during a cycle. watch your ticker though, BP could get dangerous.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Clen's anti-catabolic effects are only on beta-3 receptors (I think) of which humans have very little, but animals have many. Hence, studies on rats do show significant anti-cat properties.

I ran it by itself, but the popular thing seems to be to run w/ an androgen. I've read of plenty of M4OHN + clen cycles.

B

biggjohn

Banned
Awards
How about relative muscle sparing qualities vs common fat burning supplements (ECY, Nic and EC, etc) ? It obviously isn't going to perform next to a steriod or GH in terms of anti-catabolic properties.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
IMO I think it spares muscle if you don't go too clean on diet. You've got to keep in mind that Clen works to keep your heart rate elevated 24 hours a day. That's burning a tremendous amount of calories so going too light on carbs might be sabotaging LBM.

When I've used it off cycle I seemed to have kept most of my gains while burning off a lot of VAT. This might different for people who are cutting for competition and are already at a low bf%.