1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.71%

Cops Accused Of Using Steroids

http://officer.com/article/article.j...&siteSection=1

"The thinking is that big is better than small, tough is better than weak,'' said Gene Sanders, a former police officer who has worked for nearly 15 years as a police psychologist for several agencies in California. "There is sort of an underground, unspoken tradition among several departments that I've worked with that if you really want to bulk up, this is the best way to do it.''

But steroids can also lead to heart disease, liver damage and shrunken testicles, as well as uncontrolled aggression, or ``roid rage,'' which can be especially dangerous in a law officer.

"These substances can cause depression and despondency, and here is a person who has a weapon,'' said Dr. Linn Goldberg, head of Oregon Health & Science University's Division of Health Promotion and Sports Medicine.

A former Riverdale, Ga., police officer who received a life sentence in 1995 for the slaying of a bar owner, and an Oregon jail guard who received a 20-year sentence in 1986 for kidnapping, shooting and paralyzing a woman both claimed steroid use contributed to their behavior.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.91%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

There are a large amount of cases that blame the crime on steroid use, yet there is still no sufficient proof.

3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.67%

A LOT of cops use. That's good for us. They have to use the same suppliers we use. Never bust your own source............
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.03%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I'm not a big believer in Roid rage.. although I do believe someone that is an *******, will have a tendency to be even more of an ******* on gear... however the part about depression, and having a weapon is real. I just got back from a lengthy disscusion with someone you would of thought should know better.

he's been calling me 4 or 5 times a week, picking my brain and asking me why he can't keep an erection, why he's argueing with his wife.... The guy doesn't no **** about pct, and I've been trying to explain everything to him... and how it all works..

Meanwhile his wife is ready to leave him.. he's depressed to no end.

ANyway the point is... post cycle crash is real... and the countless people that go into these cycles and have no clue what pct is just crazy and will only make everything worse and last longer. Boggles my mind.

Throw into that mix.. that cops typically have a hard time at home... have to deal with incredible job pressures... are forced daily into situations where there life can be on the line.. its not hard to see that, at some level there is valid concern in what was expressed.

Although, generally... Of course some people can handle all this in stride quite well too.
  5. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.37%

uhmm isn't the current Mr Olympia a cop...or former cop?Yes..
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.71%

Don't get me wrong, I was not being down on the cops by posting the article, I just ran across this and thought you guys would be interested.

For all I am concerned they should give syringes of the stuff out at the morning staff meetings. I know I would want every extra edge that I could get
  7. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.28%

The article's line of thinking is the same line of thinking when statements like, "Because of GUNS these crimes are happening....", are made.

It seems as though the blame is always to fall on an the inanimate object and not the actor in the situation.

If an officer wants to use I have no issue with that, the same with civilians, but if either uses and doesn't cover all their bases with knowledge on PCT and sides don't blame what they're taking, but put the responsiblity onto to where it belongs.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by youngheart
    A LOT of cops use. That's good for us. They have to use the same suppliers we use. Never bust your own source............
    LOL. No joke. I'm working at a nutrition store, now, and we just had two cops come in and they bought our leftover 1-test ether. LOL. One was talking about starting a cycle in March

The evidence against steroids and how "horrible" they are is shoddy at best. The propoganda by the whacko's the communists who think every is or should be equal in every aspect of their life is ridiculous!

One day I'll be president and I'll legalize the stuff and juice up our military heheheeheh
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    One day I'll be president and I'll legalize the stuff and juice up our military heheheeheh
    Hell yeah. You got my vote.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.5%

Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    Hell yeah. You got my vote.
    Mine too!
  11. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.82%

if you think the sf guys dont juice your livin in a fantasy man, i know a guy who was marine force recon and he said that in their training if you werent using in some way you were in the vast minority.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by maggmaster
    if you think the sf guys dont juice your livin in a fantasy man, i know a guy who was marine force recon and he said that in their training if you werent using in some way you were in the vast minority.
    I believe it. Hell, look at the bbing forums LOL. They're full of marines, etc., that are all juiced up...Imagine the possibilities if juice was legalized and government paid for marines....ahh....it'd be great. heheheehehehehehehe
  13. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.87%

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    I believe it. Hell, look at the bbing forums LOL. They're full of marines, etc., that are all juiced up...Imagine the possibilities if juice was legalized and government paid for marines....ahh....it'd be great. heheheehehehehehehe
    In that case I would say where do I sign.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ever been accused of using steroids?
    By ITHURTZ in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 08:41 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 09:46 AM
  3. Couple accused of running steroids lab from home
    By David Dunn in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-16-2005, 05:39 PM
  4. When Cop Use Steroids,