Cycles that the pros take...

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I was on another board and found a couple of threads that posted the cycles of Craig Titus and Dorian Yates. Thought these were entertaining and interesting threads to read. If any of this is true (and I wouldn't be suprised if it was), that's just an insane amount of drugs to take. Not only would that be hell on one's body, but also on one's wallet. I can't imagine what pro's nowadays, like Coleman and Cutler, take. :eek:

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173462&page=1&pp=20

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373246

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
dont know.... pretty insane if its for real. but their actual use is much closer to those cycles than what the 'normal' board members use.
Sage

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
wow, and i'm amazed at what 500mg/week of test will do.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
..so dorian was using 40ius of slin a day?? jesus

AcuDoc

Board Supporter
Awards
If they are all taking those huge amounts and everyone knows it, why are they not busted by the feds all the time?

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I don't believe either. I seriously doubt Titus or any pro would use tren transdermally with dmso when there are so many more effective ways of using it. And Dorian put his mind into his training, rest, and diet. Everything was done for a reason. I doubt he would take that huge mix of drugs when it makes no sense. There's no rhyme or reason to it, it's just a shotgun blast of drugs. Lastly, a huge amount of drugs does not make a champion. 21 ius of gh/day? Come on.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
it does look a bit extreme, but the pros are in a league of their own in every way possible.

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
20iu of slin isnt much at all. figure he east 400gms of carbs with his meals, hence 40 ius.

also just keep in mind, these guys cannot take the chance of using less. This is how they make a living and if everyone uses X amount then its likely they will also, just incase it does give a bigger edge. Then with all that extra muscle, it only makes sense you need more drugs. Im not saying if it is real or not, but its possible.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
I have only "talked" to one really huge BBer one on one and he said what a lot of people say, around 2 grams of test a week with GH and maybe slin. Bang for the buck, for getting totally huge, Test is king (esp when your mega dosing it :rolleyes) I find it hard that someone could take all that crap they list and not get sick, if nothing else think of the carbolic acid that must be released into the blood stream ED.

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
20iu of slin isnt much at all. figure he east 400gms of carbs with his meals, hence 40 ius.

also just keep in mind, these guys cannot take the chance of using less. This is how they make a living and if everyone uses X amount then its likely they will also, just incase it does give a bigger edge. Then with all that extra muscle, it only makes sense you need more drugs. Im not saying if it is real or not, but its possible.
yea i was going to say.. 40iu might be a pretty light dose considering hes a pro.

I do 30iu somedays and I ain't jack ****.

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
not bad not bad... Dorian's cycle looked a little like my first cycle way back in the day back when I just "starting out" ;)

gizzle

gizzle

Awards
I remember reading an article where some pros like Johnnie Jackson, Ronnie Coleman, Lee Priest, Dexter Jackson and a few others didn't use ridiculous amounts of AAS. People like Ronnie and Johnnie (who had 20 inch arms naturally) are so genetically superior they don't need super amounts of AAS. On the other hand Markus Ruhl uses ridiculous amounts of AAS. To each his own. Still though, they have to train hard, eat right, and stay dedicated.

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure they use a ridiculous amount... they all have to be genetically gifted at that level.

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If they are all taking those huge amounts and everyone knows it, why are they not busted by the feds all the time?
Same reason why Snoop Dog doesn't go to jail for weed?

gizzle

gizzle

Awards
That is true. I have seen before and after pics of Markus Ruhl. Looking at him early, you wouldn't think he would have made it to be a TOP level bodybuilder. That is one exception I will bring to the table, but its no doubt that you have to have crazy genetics as well.

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
fwiw, i don't doubt that some pros use cycles like these cycles mentioned HOWEVER...

how do we know these posted cycles are real for titus, etc.?

answer: we don't

just because it's posted on the internet doesn't mean it's true

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I think when it comes to "the extreme drug use of pros", it has more to do with length they stay on and precontest drugs, more than taking everything under the sun. You can develope pro level size with test, dbol, and deca, I've seen guys with average genetics do it. It's the condition of the pros at theses sizes that sets them apart. I believe training, genetics, and diet are the reason these guys are pros rather than huge amounts of drugs. Obviously they take LARGER amounts for LONGER periods than recreational bodybuilders, but taking "dorian's cycle" is ridiculous IMO, not to mention illogical. And I really can't see any pro slapping on dmso to use tren when the general consesus is that injecting is far superior. People see a guy close to 300 pounds and lean and assume he's taking everything under the sun, but that's not always the case. Anytime I see a supposed "pro's cycle" pop up, I dismiss it. Most pro's, for various reasons, are pretty tight lipped about what they use. And you simply don't need every drug under the sun to become massive, even with average genetics. The only guy I can think of that still competes that has described what they use is lee priest. He's always been accused of being a heavy user, and he has addressed this. He's not afraid to talk about his use, and the way he describes it is much less than alot of guys in the gym use. I think alot of people(I'm not saying anyone here on this board personally) see these lists as a way to make themselves feel better-"I could be a pro, but I don't want to take all the drugs". Kinda like, "SEE, he's only that big because he's a roid head and eats 35 dbol tabs and shoots a gallon of test every day."

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
That is true. I have seen before and after pics of Markus Ruhl. Looking at him early, you wouldn't think he would have made it to be a TOP level bodybuilder. That is one exception I will bring to the table, but its no doubt that you have to have crazy genetics as well.
I have to disagree with this. The first pics to surfac were when he was a teen. If you look at his structure, wide shoulders, quad sweep, etc., he already had a good base when he started. If you watch his video, it shows him working out at that age, and for a teen who hadn't trained, he was pretty damn impressive.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lee Priest for example has been quoted in interviews as saying his mass cycles are usually 2cc's of Deca and 2cc's of Para for 8 weeks. He also says he uses small doses of EQ and Winstrol when he cuts. He's only cycled GH a few times and said he doesn't see the big deal about it so doesn't really use it anymore.

Lee's one of the very few bodybuilders who is genuine and honest about what he does or doesn't take. For example, even though he was paid 10 grand by MuscleTech for a Hydroxycut add, he was quoted on bodybuilding.com as saying "I get more of a pump from a bowl of fruit loops than from CellTech." The guy has a history of telling it like it is, even when it comes to steroids and his steroid use in particular. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Lee Priest for example has been quoted in interviews as saying his mass cycles are usually 2cc's of Deca and 2cc's of Para for 8 weeks. He also says he uses small doses of EQ and Winstrol when he cuts. He's only cycled GH a few times and said he doesn't see the big deal about it so doesn't really use it anymore.

Lee's one of the very few bodybuilders who is genuine and honest about what he does or doesn't take. For example, even though he was paid 10 grand by MuscleTech for a Hydroxycut add, he was quoted on bodybuilding.com as saying "I get more of a pump from a bowl of fruit loops than from CellTech." The guy has a history of telling it like it is, even when it comes to steroids and his steroid use in particular. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that.
Exactly. I don't see any reason to not believe him. Plus, have you seen pics of him when he was 13? The guy is a genetic freak. I think that having great genetics doesn't mean that you can tolerate more drugs, but that you can get more out of less drugs than someone with average gentics would.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm sure one of the necessary factors in becoming a top pro is being a hyperresponder. I should count my blessings then for sure. 90mg of M1,4 per day does for me more than what 50mg of Dianabol does for a lot of people by all descriptions of what to expect.

gizzle

gizzle

Awards
Well, Markus at 19 was not all that big....Markus at 23 after a few good cycles was HUGE.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Well, Markus at 19 was not all that big....Markus at 23 after a few good cycles was HUGE.
You have to remember, that was before weights. If he had been lifting weights then no he wasn't big, but For not training with weights, just playing soccer, I'd say he was big. What I'd like to know is how he went from his size at the world championships(or whatever it was called) to now. He freakin exploded!

glenihan

Awards
  • Established

i've read that too and i'm sorry i just don't believe you can get to be lee's size at 5'4 or whatever height he is by only using deca and para at those doses for only 8 weeks .. i mean the deca would have barely just kicked in ... about the GH, i don't know, but i would be VERY surprised if he didn't use slin as well as masteron before a contest

i think he does much much longer cycles with a test base ... that's just my opinion, if you go to other boards where IFBB pros post (not big names like dex or marcus etc but people with their card none the less) they admit to using large cycles basically year round

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I agree with glen. I'm sure Lee isn't telling the entire truth. These guys are juicing and juicing hard year around. They compete several times a year and in between comps they have guest appearences and such. Do you think they can afford to go off cycle and look flat and soft? They gotta keep up appearances. How do you think they make money. Not saying it's the drugs doing all the work. Of course it isn't, but it does play a major role nonetheless.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
i've read that too and i'm sorry i just don't believe you can get to be lee's size at 5'4 or whatever height he is by only using deca and para at those doses for only 8 weeks .. i mean the deca would have barely just kicked in ... about the GH, i don't know, but i would be VERY surprised if he didn't use slin as well as masteron before a contest

i think he does much much longer cycles with a test base ... that's just my opinion, if you go to other boards where IFBB pros post (not big names like dex or marcus etc but people with their card none the less) they admit to using large cycles basically year round
I still disagree. It is possible to get that big. I'm 5'6" and I was 220 @9% bodyfat(which granted isn't ripped but lean) before ever touching a drug. After using tren, test, and dbol for a few cycles, I was up to 250. Never touched slin,masteron, etc and never stayed on year round. I don't have awesome genetics either. Lee competes between 199-220(it varies). In the off season he used to get close to 300lbs at his height. He admitted alot of it was fat not to mention he look like porky the pig. If you look at his pictures from his early teen years it's easy to see he was blessed with superior genetics(not necessarily a superior structure though). I just think he wouldn't have reason to lie about it when he has been so candid about pretty much everything in his career. Also, other pros he lived with in cali have backed what he says he uses.

I'm not saying there aren't pros who push the extremes when juicing. But I think the less succesful ones are the ones doing the most drugs because they may feel like they have to, to try and make up for a lack of genetics. And the smart ones do take time off from drugs regardless of appearances and such. Although for some, off time probably still includes test. And the top guys don't compete at numerous shows every year, if you look at the list of competitors from each contest. It's the lower echelon guys, and as a result, they end up spending more time on.

Of course these are just my opinions, and none of us know for sure what they use. I just think too much emphasis is placed on drug use. If drugs were responsible for the pro physique, then anyone could be a pro. The reality is that only a few gifted individuals can achieve that size and condition regardless of drug use.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
as far as not having reason to lie ... i could see a pro wanting to downplay their juice to make it seem like more of their "own" accomplishment, especially when the perception is that their competition is using grams upon grams a week

not saying that is true .. but it could be a legit reason

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
as far as not having reason to lie ... i could see a pro wanting to downplay their juice to make it seem like more of their "own" accomplishment, especially when the perception is that their competition is using grams upon grams a week

not saying that is true .. but it could be a legit reason
Yeah I can understand that. Along with possibly hurting endorsements and stuff. Kinda like all the pros (ronnie included) over the years who claimed to be natural.

Interficium

Awards
I know top amateur competitors and those cycles don't seem too far off from what they do. The guys I mentioned do a different approach tho. They keep most of the stuff on a sane level, like 100mg tren EOD, 600mg EQ, etc, but go apeshit on the test. We're talking about 400mg prop ED.

Keep in mind that I'm in europe, so there may be some differences on cycling approach. Just sharing what I've seen so far.

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
400mg Prop ED? lol

God I hope thats Testopin or testovis or some other pharma grade, otherwise that must be just about killer...

Interficium

Awards
400mg Prop ED? lol

God I hope thats Testopin or testovis or some other pharma grade, otherwise that must be just about killer...
That's just how I came to met the guys. I'm the only one at my gym who homebrews. He first came to me to just check how convert finaplix. Then he was asking how to convert prop and if he could do a higher concentration, because he was pushing too much oil volume per day with the 100 and 50mg pharm versions. I said yeah, thinking he was meaning about 150, 200mg/ml tops. When he said 400mg, my jaw just dropped.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lee has stated that he uses Deca and Para for MASS cycles. For contest, he starts about 12 weeks out and continually takes small doses of several compounds all the way up to contest time. I'll see if I can dig up an interview where he specificlaly mentioned some examples. He seems very nonchallant about what he uses pre-contest. It seemed to be he pretty much used every cutter he got his hands on in moderate to low dosages for the full 12 weeks or so. So he's not claiming he ONLY uses Deca and Para. He's just saying that he uses only Deca and Para during bulking season. He also says he likes clen and doesn't seem to get any of the tremor sides from it. He hates ECA, says it makes him feel too jittery.

Additionally, he says he doesn't like to use diurretics. He says what seems to work for him is to just drink 2 or more gallons of water a day leading up to contest, and then the day before the contest only sip water. No sodium loading or anything.

Lee is a no BS kinda guy. There really is simply no reason for him to lie about this stuff. And seriously, if you've seen pictures of him at age 13, you'd know what kind of genetics he's got. The guy was ripped even at 13.

Among bodybuilders, I would say Lee Priest and Tom Prince seem to really tell it like it is. They are the only two pros I've seen who are willing to openly talk about steroid usage. Tom doesn't talk about exactly what compounds he used because he doesn't want some kid reading it and deciding "if Tom got huge on that I will too!" Tom has openly talked about his abuse of NSAIDs and how they destroyed his kidneys. He's talked about much of what is supported in discussions here; that steroids are not the culprit for the problems bodybuilders typically have; it's the other stuff they use.

In any case, I'm inclined to believe both of them. They have been very upfront about usage, and very genuine and honest about all aspects of bodybuilding. It would only be decent of me to accept what they say as truth.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I think the interview you're looking for is in MD 2002 sometime. I remember reading it, and have somewhere...

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have personally witnessed competitive BB’s using HUGE amounts of gear (quite a few years ago)

No rhyme or reason half the time.

You would not f*ucking believe.