T-Gel/to much powder a bad thing?

BAD_MO_FO

Awards
Hey guys bought some of the 4oz t-gel. It says you can fit up to
12g of powder into each bottle. Is that a good idea? I ask this
becasue the other formulas seem to put around 6 grams of powder per 4oz
of liquid. Seems to me that a higher concentration of the
transdermal liquid compared to powder would mean higher absorbtion.
Anyone that has experience with 4oz T-get please share your experiences.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't put more than 10g in it, at least it's what I do.

Buc4Life04

Awards
  • Established
I agree it gets real grainy. But if you have alot of powder to squeeze in something you can try penitrate took 15gs like a champ. 1test and 4ad

BAD_MO_FO

Awards
10 grams

Ok, so if I put 10 grams of powder into 4oz of gel am I wasting powder becasue their will to much powder and not enough carrier to get through? I understand that 10 grams will disolve, I just want to know if it will work as good as 6, gram for gram.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
I think the consensus long ago was that 10g was what would fit (max) in t-gel, and I believe all logs show that amount being effective.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Yes, it works fine for 10g. I've mixed multiple bottles without problems. Don't put all powder at once, add a little bit get it dissolved add some more...

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
It cracks me up when I see certain companies claim that their transdermal formula has an X% absorption rate. Without actual skin permutation testing, there are just too many variables to crunch the math. That being said, too of the larger variables in determining the efficacy of a transdermal carrier are the concentration of the solutes and the surface area of skin applied. Obviously, the two are also interrelated. The lower the concentration, the more volume of solution you will have to apply and thus more surface area of skin applied to get the same mass of actives.

Simply said, keep the concentration as low as is practically and economically possible. Personally, I found that to be in the 30 mg/ml – 50 mg/ml range.

BAD_MO_FO

Awards
clarification

Bow, I just want to make sure I am understanding you correctly. Lets say you have two bottles of 4oz t-gel. One of the bottles has 6 grams of powder mixed in and the other has 10 grams. According to what you wrote you are saying you would get better absorption percentage wise from the bottle with the 6 grams. So you would be wasting powder if you pack 10 grams in the solution. Let me put it this way. Money not being an issue, it would be more efficient to use 2 4oz bottles of t-gel with 5oz of powder in each one than 1 bottle of t-gel with 10 grams of powder.

Does that sound right to you?

It cracks me up when I see certain companies claim that their transdermal formula has an X% absorption rate. Without actual skin permutation testing, there are just too many variables to crunch the math. That being said, too of the larger variables in determining the efficacy of a transdermal carrier are the concentration of the solutes and the surface area of skin applied. Obviously, the two are also interrelated. The lower the concentration, the more volume of solution you will have to apply and thus more surface area of skin applied to get the same mass of actives.

Simply said, keep the concentration as low as is practically and economically possible. Personally, I found that to be in the 30 mg/ml – 50 mg/ml range.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
....Let me put it this way. Money not being an issue, it would be more efficient to use 2 4oz bottles of t-gel with 5oz of powder in each one than 1 bottle of t-gel with 10 grams of powder.

Does that sound right to you?
Exactally. Money not being an issue, you will be better absorption with two bottles with 10 grams.

raylewis

Awards
Exactally. Money not being an issue, you will be better absorption with two bottles with 10 grams.
This sounds interesting. Anyone else have success in cutting the grams of 4ad used to 4 in a 4oz bottle?

R6Speed

Board Supporter
Awards
I don't think so, with the price of 4ad and the price of T-gel I think most are willing to sacrifice some efficiency for a greater concentration.