Liver Toxicity Study/Overview

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
I came across a very good overview of how anabolic steroids affect the liver, which also has a case study included with it. I skimmed over it fairly quickly and thought it would be a good read for anyone using or interested in using steroids.

Overview - Anabolic Steroids

Most of the vets around here are probably familiar with a lot of this information, but there's more than your average article I thought.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
A 24 year old body builder developed pruritus and jaundice having taken various anabolic steroids for one and a half years. He was also taking several herbal products and dietary supplements including Ma Huang (6% ephedrine), carnitine and chromium. He also drank alcohol, estimating his average intake as one case of beer per day for the last year

and he was using deca / winstrol

for a year and a hafl!?

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
A 24 year old body builder developed pruritus and jaundice having taken various anabolic steroids for one and a half years. He was also taking several herbal products and dietary supplements including Ma Huang (6% ephedrine), carnitine and chromium. He also drank alcohol, estimating his average intake as one case of beer per day for the last year

and he was using deca / winstrol

for a year and a hafl!?
Yeah pretty shocking study, some stupid fkin people out there. average intake as one case of beer per day for the last year

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Yeah pretty shocking study, some stupid fkin people out there. average intake as one case of beer per day for the last year
Like I believe the deca thing, but winstrol for that long?? that's going to be pretty expensive.

haha he had to exaggerated his alcohol consumption...

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Maybe he exaggerated but idk man, could've been one of those guido juicehead jersey shore type bros lol.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Some decent info in there.
Overall, that article reinforced why I rarely extend an oral over 30 days. Almost no issues <4weeks.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
idk man i could easily put down a case of light beer a day. i've drank 15-18 6% beers everyday for weeks at a time before. i just had enough sense not to take oral steroids when i did it. i hear people say drinking has to be worse on your liver than oral anabolics, but i have my doubts. i know people personally that put down a fifth of jim a day everyday and have done it for years. an old budy of mine's grandfather drank a fifth a day and smoked 2 packs of marlboro reds and lived to be 80 something. my grandfather did the same thing. he died of lung cancer though, not drinking. even with cirrhosis people live for years.
i drank 10-12 beers every night after work for years. went and had some blood work done and everything was normal. 0 elevated liver enzymes. its 2 completely different things. totally different metabolism between ethanol and 17aa steroids. the 2 together likely causes more damage though.
this is for informational purposes only. DONT TRY THIS AT HOME LOL.
Oh yeah man I know I used to drink like crazy(sober now) and have no problems stemming from that that I know of, I was only stressing his drinking because it was drinking combined with steroid use.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice link / info

Thanks for sharing

I came across a very good overview of how anabolic steroids affect the liver, which also has a case study included with it. I skimmed over it fairly quickly and thought it would be a good read for anyone using or interested in using steroids. Overview - Anabolic Steroids Most of the vets around here are probably familiar with a lot of this information, but there's more than your average article I thought.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That report is exactly why orals are used 4-6 weeks typically and with liver support instead of the case of beer per day like the subject in the case study.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Speaking of Liver supps - what is in vogue these days? What's the latest greatest? ( :p )

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
That report is exactly why orals are used 4-6 weeks typically and with liver support instead of the case of beer per day like the subject in the case study.
Yeah, if only all the bros out there would listen. The dude who got me interested in cycling was always talking about how important it is to do it right and have a good PCT set up and cycle supps and everything but then when he was on he would go binge drink every weekend. Meanwhile he would talk crap to me about my diet and ****.

Also best liver supps IMO are Aegis and Organ Shield (NAC).

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Like I believe the deca thing, but winstrol for that long?? that's going to be pretty expensive.

haha he had to exaggerated his alcohol consumption...
Not to mention, even with the winnie, imagine the bloat...this dude would have looked like Michelin Man!!