Damage Control confusion

Abquest

Awards
Hey guys....
I'm really confused here.
I've read conflicting info on the use of liver supps
(milk thistle and NAC) and the time they should be used.

Do you take (either or both) of the supps "during" a cycle...
or "after" a cycle.... or "during and after"?

I've read that during can block the absorption of some PHs... but...
seems that THAT is when the damage would be at it's highest.

Can someone set me straight on this? :|
I've been taking my NAC and Saw Palmetto at the end of the day so far... during this cycle...
(I'm only on day 3 at this point). If this is screwing things up.... I'd like to know.

Thanks

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
There is lots of conflicting info on this subject all over the boards. From what I've read, milk thistle is best used after your cycle to rejuvenate/regenerate liver cells. And NAC or ALA or some anti-oxidant is best used during the cycle. I've heard milk thistle can limit the effectiveness of the PH/AAS, but never read any definitive study.

Because the stuff is so cheap, I still use Milk thistle throughout any methyl cycle & continue thru PCT. I would rather have even a minute amount of liver protection, than a probably unnoticeable amount of increased gains.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Longdog's take. I think it's advisable to use milk thistle, NAC, and ALA pre-, during, and post-cycle. Just opinion, though. I'm only an expert in my own mind.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I concur with that, having had some experience with this, I believe that those sups enhance metabolism of ph ps, just my opinion, its what I do

Abquest

Awards
Cool...
I've been taking the NAC....
I'll keep going with it. I take it end of day.... with some saw palmetto.
All my PH stuff is in the a.m. and early afternoon.
I'll pick up some milk thistle to go with it .... maybe for pct.

thanks guys

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
it's a good idea to run those supps during a cycle. you've got it right...

Abquest

Awards
Since were on the topic....
This short M1T (10mg) and 4AD (150mg dermal) 3 weeks.
I've been taking 600mg of NAC ed.
480mg of Saw Palmetto ed.

What would you guys change....
and if I added the Milk Thistle... at least for the PCT part.... how much would you suggest ed?

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt use m1t, every thing else sounds ok

Grant

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Longdog's take. I think it's advisable to use milk thistle, NAC, and ALA pre-, during, and post-cycle. Just opinion, though. I'm only an expert in my own mind.
I agree

dingobite

Awards
I agree to i couldnt even do most my phs without milkthistle each day do to by the first week id start getting liver pains. my first m-dien cycle was like this i started the mt before the first week was gone and i was able to finsh it by week two, m1t had to quit it till i felt better for skippng the mt.

very first two weeks of 1ad last year 03' was like this i didnt have a ideal thought i could start after the cycle picked up the worst chest pain and the nastiest tasting slobber by week two without any pct taking phs.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Wow, liver pain! Damn thats harsh, I have done M1t twice and never had any lower back pain or anything, just lethargy. I have never heard someone complain of liver pain, you might wanna goto the doc.

dingobite

Awards
Im fine even had bloodwork done a week after i finished 6 day m1t cycle legal gears gel tabs, my blood work was barely out of the normal and i also had a 2 week mdien cycle 4 weeks before that.
felt like someone had jabbed their fingers into my ribs didnt feel it at all with mthistle at the same time ??

Abquest

Awards
I've done (in total.. over the past 2 years) 3 short M1T cycles. Never had any issues other than lethargy... and the 4AD took care of that.

The liver pain would have freaked me out. :|

Good info Grant!
Thanks.
Never heard of Pro Liver.... I'll have to check it out.

The M1T is good stuff... you just have to handle it with care.
AAS is much better though. :D imho

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I do milkthistle every day on cycle and every day of PCT. I have never had any problems with liver pains, and in my personal use I dont think the milk thistle has hindered my results from my previous cycles. I am on 30mg SD right now and in week and 5 days put on 13 pounds. Doesn't sound like the Milk Thistle is bothering me at all!! :D

GoPower

Banned
Awards
I do milkthistle every day on cycle and every day of PCT. I have never had any problems with liver pains, and in my personal use I dont think the milk thistle has hindered my results from my previous cycles. I am on 30mg SD right now and in week and 5 days put on 13 pounds. Doesn't sound like the Milk Thistle is bothering me at all!! :D
How much milk thistle do you take a day, and when do you take it?

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Currently I take 2000mg of Milk Thistle Extract a day... But that is 4:1 so I'm thinking I take around 500mg of pure Milk Thistle. I take one before workout or morning, and one at night.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I take 6 caps daily which are 250mg each of 80% silymarin. Probably overkill but my liver has been taxed heavily over the years...

Forum User X

Awards
I just take it year round, regardless of cycle. So when I do start my PH cycles (this fall hopefully, when I get down to a respectable BF%) my liver will be in better shape than without. I'll probably just continue taking it during cycle and PCT as well. Its better to maybe lose perhaps a half pound at most for a better liver situation.

Abquest

Awards
Are you guys buying the milk thistle in bulk?
the stuff is a tad expensive at those doses.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Evomuse 2
Supplements 15
Supplements 15
Smont Anabolics 773
Supplements 17