Gear Flu Infection

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I had a bad reaction to a tricep injection of Test E 250 that I did Saturday night. At first there was swelling and pain only in the tricep concentrated around the elbow. Now, today it seems to definitely be spreading down my forearm to my wrist.

What antibiotic would you recommend that I try to obtain to take care of this infection/gear flu?

My assumption is that it may be caused by the BA? Not sure.

I would normally run a search on a few boards to find such an answer but am running late to class and need to get the info a bit more quickly if possible. I may end up getting it from an online pharmacy, some place that ships quickly. Hence why I am asking which one to look for.

I am going to go to my campus health clinic soon and get it checked out, but may not be able to get a script from there. I will try to get them to take my bodytemperature and do a general assessment if they will. Not planning on mentioning the exact cause of it! But I will tell them that I need an antibiotic =D

I know one thing. For future AAS cycle, I will definitely have a very good stock of antibiotics readily at hand to take care of this sort of problem lol.

I don't think it is an absess since there is no swelling to speak of around the injection site.

TIA for the help.

-Cardinal

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm not certain.. but I don't think the swelling should spread much beyond the muscle in question unless you got infected... I have done several Test and EQ prop shots to my triceps delts even biceps... and I got lots of swelling.. but it always stayed localized to the muscle i injected.

I'd get to a Doctor fast if I were you.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
I have seen someone who injected 1cc of test prop, and 1 cc of EQ prop into thier tris (1cc in each tri), and their arms were huge for a few days afterwards. They told me it was really painful and they couldnt straighten thier arms. The swelling went down after a few days. It got really red. Go to the doc to be safe.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
I've had some real weird reactions in the past... I never shoot into my tri's but in my delts and pecs. On two different occasions, i injected into my delts and the next day my tri's were all red and swollen. It looked like an infection but how can that be since i shot in the delt above it?? It got sore as hell for like 3-5 days and that was it. It wasn't the gear cuz i continued to use it for weeks after and never got the reaction again.

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info guys. I am heading to a campus health clinic right now to get it checked out. I'll only be out about 10 bucks and the lady said yesterday she would be able to get me a script for some antibiotics.

sikdogg, your situation sounds like exactly what has happened to me. The only change I have to report now is that my arm itches somewhat. I am quite surprised the pain started at the elbow and went down forearm and up tricep even though the intial inject was at the top part of the tri. Weird indeed.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I've had that reaction as well from Sledge Test. I've learned that using a longer needle seems to help as well as taking it easy on the injected muscle group for a few days to prevent the depot from leaking out into the sub-Q environment.

My elbow swelled up from a tri inject, was red, "itchy", hot yet not overly sensitive to the touch like an infection usually is. The tendons and connective tissues were really sore and inflamed.

Keep an eye on it, if it developes more infection like symptoms take the Anti-bs, otherwise save them for emergencies.

Abquest

Awards
This happened to me a couple of times. Seems that I shot into a nerve and it totally freaked out my arm (the other time was in the right calf).
Both times it was test e that did it.
I started cutting the dose with 5cc of straight oil and warming the dose up under running hot water for about a min.
Never happened again.
But... it could be what bio said. Hard to tell. :|