blood work vs. ph - AnabolicMinds.com

blood work vs. ph

1. Board Supporter

blood work vs. ph

I just got some blood work done, before wanting to do my first cycle of 1-ad/4-ad get myself warmed up to PH before superdrol...I'm a little worried about my cholesterol being a bit high before running the ph cycle though...any thoughts?

26 Y/O
    5'11"
    152lbs
    never done PH wanting to though.

Chol, total = 265
    triglycerides = 178
    HDL = 67 (good chol)
    LDL = 162 (bad chol)
    VLDL = 36

test, serum = 385
    test % free&weekly bound 25.4%
    test free&weekly bound 97.8
    prost, serum 0.5
    ALT (SGPT) 38 IU/L

2. New Member

Well i would def get another blood test done on Cholesterol in 2 months. Otherwise how is your intake of fish oils? Or fried foods and such? Also things like antioxidants tend to help lower cholesterol if they are absent from the diet and supps. Its all too common to see 25-30 year olds with high cholesterol values because of processed foods and poor diets, usually because of hectic schedules and some laziness
    (im guilty there )

If not some male's especially over produce cholesterol but that tends to run in the family. Maybe something like forslean (read cAMPIBOLIC post) and some fishoils supps and cardio would do the trick. OR some m1t and you stop producing cholesterol haha jk.
  3. Board Supporter

Overall I have a really healthy diet. High HDL and LDL chol does run in the family. I do take some fish oil supps as part of my fat intake, and some of my MRPs use that as it's fat. I eat very healthy 6 days of the week, excluding my cheat day, and run 20 mins of cardio 3 mornings a week. I'd really like to run this 1ad/4ad cycle, but it looks like I'll have to hold off until I get this cholesterol and trygliceride thing in check.
    •   

4. Advanced Member

Even though your total chol. is high, with your HDL being so high I am sure the doctors told you not to be overly concerned. Anything over 60 is outstanding. Also there are different kind of LDL's. You can have a blood test to tell if it is the very bad LDL or just LDL's that are high. LDL actually has functions in the body that are vital. For one it carries beta-carotene to the cells in the body. Your triglycerides are high though. That can easily be lowered by cutting carbs. Just consume carbs PWO and PPWO.
  5. Board Supporter

Well I figure I'll wait a month and take another blood test, as frustrating as it is having to wait for my first ph cycle.
  6. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel
    Well I figure I'll wait a month and take another blood test, as frustrating as it is having to wait for my first ph cycle.
    That's a respectable decision. My total is 160 but my HDL is only 39 and to be honest I would trade you if I could but you can keep your triglyceride level. Mine is only 107.
  7. Board Supporter

Well I'm glad I'm not too bad off or anything. The high HDL seems to be hereditary for me. My father and his father have the same deal, high HDL and LDL. I figure instead of PH I'll just take some Tbomb II I got a while back and never opened, just to boost up the natural T for a while without risking my health over it. Hopefully in a month my levels will be in a better place.
  8. Advanced Member

Well I'm glad I'm not too bad off or anything. The high HDL seems to be hereditary for me. My father and his father have the same deal, high HDL and LDL. I figure instead of PH I'll just take some Tbomb II I got a while back and never opened, just to boost up the natural T for a while without risking my health over it. Hopefully in a month my levels will be in a better place.
    Garlic is probaly why my total is so low. Hawthorn is great also, but it takes about 2 months to see the positive effects from it. People that use it for 3 to 4 weeks while on M1T cycles are actually not reaping the benefits from it. I take that stuff year round. Those 2 with Celery Seed extract are great for blood pressure and cholesterol. They got me off of those horrible blood pressure meds. The doctor told me I was crazy when I told him I wanted to try it. He later retracted that statement and took me off of Atenolol and Hydrochlorothiazide.
  9. Board Supporter

So if I take Garlic pills, and Hawthorn pills it will help my cholestoral...that's good news, perhaps I will add those to my supplimentation.
  10. Board Supporter

I was looking around at some of the sponsers and my other sites, I was wondering where I should order those from, so I can get a quick start at helping my poor heart out =D
  11. Advanced Member

I was looking around at some of the sponsers and my other sites, I was wondering where I should order those from, so I can get a quick start at helping my poor heart out =D
    Cheapest I found without buying bulk is www.vitamins.com
  12. New Member

Sesathin works well for cholesterol too.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

What about oatmeal? Or green tea?

Mine came back at 97 total chol, I take probably 2-4 cups of green tea per day. I haven't started fish oil yet. My dad has semi-high cholesterol, so I attribute my low values to green tea, cardio 3-4 days/wk, and a decent diet. (I need to improve it, but it's by no means great.)
  14. Banned

total test is relatively low. that really doesnt impact your decision to use PH but it sorta means that you wouldsnt have much trouble getting an HRT scrip (and legal injectables) if you wanted to.

1-ad/4-ad had virtually no effect on my cholesterol levels. M1T did though. your LDL is awfully high. i thought it was red yeast rice that got that down? or was that to bump HDL up? i forget.
  15. Board Supporter

Anything would help, I'd rather be healthy, than huge, but both would be better.
  16. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blank!
    your LDL is awfully high.
    What alot of people don't realize is it isn't as simple as high and low LDL. There are different forms of LDL. LDL isn't a horrible thing if it is the right LDL.

In recent years it has become clear that some patients with normal cholesterol develop severe vascular disease, whereas others with high cholesterol do not have damage. It is important to understand that LDL cholesterol is the lipoprotein carrier of the "bad" cholesterol that gets absorbed into the vessel wall, and leads to fatty plaques in the arteries. The HDL, "good" cholesterol, is the lipoprotein carrier of the bad cholesterol away from the vessel wall. We now know that there are dense and fluffy LDL's, and that the dense LDL particles can penetrate the vessel wall and do damage, while the fluffy LDL's tend to bounce off the wall, and get taken back to the liver. Thus we really want to know the LDL particle count, not the LDL cholesterol level, and also the particle size. One can have a moderately high LDL, but if the particles are large, the particle number is smaller, and the damage potential for each particle is smaller. The HDL carrier is also more effective at being a good carrier if it is large. Until recently, testing for particle size and number was not readily available. A lab in North Carolina, Liposciences, has patented an NMR Spectrophotometry evaluation of lipoproteins which promises to revolutionize the way we look at serum lipids. Triglycerides also seem to take on a much bigger role in lipid related damage and is better measured by measuring VLDL, the transporting carrier, and how that is cleared by the liver. We are excited to be using this test, which generally costs about $140, and is not offered, by any of the standard labs. Liposciences is allowing us to use this test on our patients for a few months, in an effort to help spread the word on its importance. See their website: http://www.liposcience.com/pat_pe.htm
  17. Board Supporter

Where do you think I can get recommended dosages for Garlic and Hawthorn, the bottles aren't very specific. I'm going to take those 2 and Sesathin, and see where that takes me by next month...even though it might not help much from the hawthorn or the garlic, that's just an added helper for the long run.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Where do you think I can get recommended dosages for Garlic and Hawthorn, the bottles aren't very specific. I'm going to take those 2 and Sesathin, and see where that takes me by next month...even though it might not help much from the hawthorn or the garlic, that's just an added helper for the long run.
    If you buy a garlic product make sure it contains allicin as this is the chemical lowers cholesterol and blood pressure. I don't know what the recommended dose is though. As for the hawthorn berry I don't know of any cholesterol lowering properties. It does lower blood pressure but takes about two months to work. The recommeded dose for hawthorn is 2-3 grams/day.

As mentioned previously red yeast rice will reduce overall cholesterol but it is a statin so for that reason I wouldn't use while on and perhaps not even for PCT either. 1-2 grams/day appears to be the recommeded daily dose.

Policosanol may be a better alternative and is purported to raise HDL levels. Typical doseage according to the bottle i have is about 20mg/day.

Sesamin also lowers total cholesterol, not sure about specific LDL and HDL levels though.

Coenzyme Q10 would also be worth getting as it appears to potentiate these products. Dunno the recommended dose for this either though.
  19. More Cowbell

I'm gonna bring this one back for a friend. He said his cholestoral is high, but his BP is low. What would any of you reccomend for his cholestoral? I've been seeing that some things that bring down the cholestoral will also bring down the BP. He definitely doesn't need that.

Thanks-
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-24-2013, 12:37 PM
  2. M1t and blood work
    By azgymrat in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-16-2004, 09:07 AM
  3. Blood Work Results
    By David Dunn in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8