Lipid Profile before Superdrol - Does this make sense?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Wanted to see if you guys thought this was possible.

11/20/2004 (Before Red Yeast Rice)
Total Cholesterol: 200
HDL: 45
LDL: 122
Triglycerides 164

1/20/2005 (After Red Yeast Rice)
Total Cholesterol: 123
HDL: 40
LDL: 61
Triglycerides: 110

Other Information: I ran a 15 day M1T cycle in December, and began supplementing with Red Yeast Rice.

Also, the test on 11/20/2004 was on 8 hours of fasting and in a lab.

Today's test was done at KMART with a 5minute Cholesterol reader. The lady said that not fasting would only hurt cholesterol levels - and she thought my current levels were great. And also said the blood work was legit.

My questions:
*Does this lady know was she's talking about?
*Would the levels had been dramatically different if I had fasted?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
bumped up

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Good question for the Docs and SS really. I've heard Trigs are most effected by recent eating. I'd question the validity and accuracy of a quickie Kmart test over a real lab screen.

Your LDL to HDl ration seems kinda cruddy(like mine) in the before test.

FrTimothy

FrTimothy

Awards
a little bit

Good question for the Docs and SS really. I've heard Trigs are most effected by recent eating. I'd question the validity and accuracy of a quickie Kmart test over a real lab screen.

Your LDL to HDl ration seems kinda cruddy(like mine) in the before test.
Recent eating can make your cholesterol and triglyceride readings messed up...usually in the negative category. Your numbers look great though. Apparently that red yeast rice is doing a very good job...just get your liver functions tested every 3 months or so.

I have to take niaspan for such a low "good" cholesterol rating...I think I run like 100/20 bad to good...which sucks.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
thanks guys, bumped for SS (if he's around)

XxCrisisxX

Awards
They have Cholesterol readers at Kmart?! Sign me up! How much does this cost?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
It's like bio said, the trig would be elevated if you don't fast. So would the chol in a proportional fashion, but not to the same extent, the trig is most influenced. What brand RYR are you using and how much? Those after numbers look good Deoude, the trig is a bit high, but still looks like your eating clean. Mine is around 80 or less with a proper fast, but even 24hrs later after fasting, I can score up over 120 if I had Mexican food the day before, or something like that. You really shouldn't worry unless they're up around or over 200 and stay there in spite of a good diet. You look good to me. So yes, that lady kind of knew what she was talking about, so it appears.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
eggcellent, the brand is Nature's Bounty Red Yeast Rice. Sold at Walgreens in Florida.

Kmart runs Cholesterol screening every few months, its not a KMART employee, its a private company just using the premises.

Thanks guys.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Can I then improve my HDL level - by taking in more cholesterol, but remaining on the Red Yeast Red?

stratvox

stratvox

Awards
Please keep in mind that any LDL level you get is just an estimate. Calculated LDL is equal to Total cholestrol - (hdl + trg/5) The problem is if your TC is high you over estimate and if your trig is high you underestimate. Yes, eating will affect your trigs. When PAYING for bloodwork ALWAYS ask your prescribing doctor to write Direct LDL CPT 83721 AND make sure the bozo who draws your blood writes the correct assay down . I happen to sell Chemistry equipment and reagents. Anyway your best bet is finding a dr with his own inhouse lab. very easy to do too. just ask me

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Please keep in mind that any LDL level you get is just an estimate. Calculated LDL is equal to Total cholestrol - (hdl + trg/5) The problem is if your TC is high you over estimate and if your trig is high you underestimate. Yes, eating will affect your trigs. When PAYING for bloodwork ALWAYS ask your prescribing doctor to write Direct LDL CPT 83721 AND make sure the bozo who draws your blood writes the correct assay down . I happen to sell Chemistry equipment and reagents. Anyway your best bet is finding a dr with his own inhouse lab. very easy to do too. just ask me
Very good suggestion, if the insurance company doesn't object, but don't even waste the cash on the good testing if you just need a ballpark figure to confirm chol on cycle. If your really serious about it, and your total is low and you fasted correctly, get the direct measurement.

NO MERCY

Awards
  • Established
Dr D if you could give me your opinion on my thread in the supp forum I would greatly appreciate it.

Sorry to crash your thread Deoudes... the PM's are disabled as you prob know

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
no problem at all, I had to find Dr. D on another thread to direct him this way.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
4 x 600mg split into 2 doses ED