25 year old Labs

toddakalips

Awards
Hey guys,

My story is rather long and complex but i'll give you the short version. I'm 6'3 and 200 pounds from Australia.

Since I can remember I've had symptoms of depression, low libido, low muscle growth amongst other things. I went through puberty later than most of my friends and never had the raging libidos that everyone else had. My testicles have always been on the small side and i've only ever had one girlfriend in high school and it lasted about 3 months. Just don't have the sex drive or interest regularly enough. I have always had less energy/motivation and drive than others, I also get sore feet on standing for even short periods of time.

Existing medical conditions:
Adrenal dysfunction, mild hypothyroidism

I am treating these two issues with only small positive results but none have assisted with libido, depression, low muscle growth and fatigue.

Where I carry fat:
My body shape has always been skinny however i accumulate fat in my stomach and this past year i have developed a pot gut. I guess you could say im classic 'Skinny fat' regardless of my weight training and protein shakes. Also my shoulders have never been broad. Feel like I never went properly through puberty.. never had acne.

Morning wood:
Can't remember ever having it.

My last testosterone labs were as follows: (remember these are Australian labs so they're different)

These were taken about 6 months ago

Total Testosterone - 20.7 (8.3-30.2)
Free Testosterone - 424 (225-750)
SHBG - 32 (13-71)

Some more labs of interest include:

Prolactin: 380 (50-370)
Estradiol: 102 (50-150)
LH: 9 (1-10)
FSH 9 (1-10)

TSH: 5 (.5-5) *Was coming off SSRI - normally TSH is around 2-4
FT3: 5.8 (3.5-6.5)
FT4: 15.5 (10-20)

Medications:
I'm currently on hydrocortisone 30mg.

I feel like my voice should be a lot deeper and that my beard should be way thicker. Sometimes the next day after a gym session my voice is temporarily deeper, but it goes away.

I won't be able to get T replacement from any docs in Aus with these labs but I feel I really need to boost my levels as they are sub optimal for a 25 year old. And nothing else has helped with my low energy, depression etc.

Does anyone have any advice on how I should treat my T, either with shots/cream and/or with HCG injections as well? How can i get my prolactin down ? Also, is it worth just trying an AI?

Final questions, If i have had depression and inability to feel motivation and passion since I was a kid (along with low energy) do you think I might have some neural dopamine deficiency? SSRI's did nothing for my depression.

* And despite me being chronically fatigued since I can remember, I never had a virus or anything that caused this.

Any advice would be great. Remember i'm from Australia.

Cheers,
Todd

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
See an endocrinologist if you are concerned. I don't think your test labs are horrible.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your prolactin is HIGH, estrogen is pretty high up there as well. Control the prolactin and you should fix your erection problems.

CaptnCaveman

CaptnCaveman

Banned
Awards
High prolactin suppresses dopamine production if I remember right. I think you have the right idea with trying an AI to get your estrogen down. Also fixing prolactin should fix mood. Maybe an MRI of the pituitary to rule out prolactinoma. Why are you on cortisone? That's most likely keeping you from holding onto any muscle and causing some of the weight gain you spoke of.

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
I don't have any answers but just wanted to say good luck.. There are a lot of smart people on here that will give you some good advice.. I hope you find what your looking for!!

toddakalips

Awards
High prolactin suppresses dopamine production if I remember right. I think you have the right idea with trying an AI to get your estrogen down. Also fixing prolactin should fix mood. Maybe an MRI of the pituitary to rule out prolactinoma. Why are you on cortisone? That's most likely keeping you from holding onto any muscle and causing some of the weight gain you spoke of.
Thanks for the responses!
Saliva Adrenal labs came back low. I was putting on weight before I started it anyway.

What do you guys think of my highish LH and FSH for a 25 year old?

CaptnCaveman

CaptnCaveman

Banned
Awards
Not sure. From what I can remember the brain will signal the body to produce more lh and fsh when testosterone isn't being produced because of problems with the testicles. Your test doesn't seem low so I may be wrong about that being what causes the excess production.

If you're suffering from adrenal fatigue I'd start looking at what's causing that and the high prolactin. Did you have dhea levels checked?

You might get more responses to this if you repost it in the "male anti-aging" section.