PROHORMONES and WORKOUT FREQUENCY

xcreed

Awards
How frequent do you guys workout when using PHs? Accdg to Biotest, when using MAG-10, one can workout 1 body part 3x a week (i.e. every other day). Accdg to AvantLabs, when using One+, one should workout more than 7 hours per week. Can you overtrain when using PHs? Can you also undertrain? I am hoping to start a new cycle in November.

bigbadboss101

Awards
Everyone is different. I noticed I can go longer at the Gym. Normally I might stay for 45 to 60 minutes. When using ph I can stay for 90 minutes, and probably can last 2 hours+. I think 1.5 hours 4 x a week is reasonable, and one can go up and down depending on goals and conditions.

Sean

Awards
I increase frequency and intensity, but not the number of sets. For example, I would do 3 - 4 days a week off, but 6 days a week on. 90 seconds of rest on, but as long as I need off.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
im usually on a 5 day split w/ one complete day off and the other a light cardio day (15 minutes or so). that in itself is pretty frequent and im planning to keep the same frequency/split but i suppose higher intensity and possibly longer (from the current 45-60 min to 75-90 min)

CodyK7

CodyK7

Awards
I've been thinking about this as well. Normally my workout is 2 days then a day off two days then a day off then I start over. So it takes 6 days to run through my whole body. But on my upcoming cycle I'm thinking about cutting out the day off between the two days of working out. The other way I'd only hit each body part one time during a cycle

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
I stay to the workout that i run off cycle. BUT i'll change easier exercises to more compound movements. For example, instead of incline flies, i'll do barbell incline bench on my 5x5.

I don't like to move it around too much, just take all the strength i can out of it. Then when i no longer have the strength i move back to the defining and shaping exercises and stick to only 1 or 2 compound movements in a day.

I just don't wanna get my body going so much hard because i'll think i'll simply "deflate" when i go back to the off cycle workout.

justjon

Awards
i was wondering this too. anyone with more than one or 2 cycles should share some experience

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I stay on the same routine on or off. My reasoning is that due to the increase in weights, intensity is already increased. The only thing that might go up on-cycle for me is cardio.

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
I stay on the same routine on or off. My reasoning is that due to the increase in weights, intensity is already increased. The only thing that might go up on-cycle for me is cardio.
Agree.

But also go by the way I feel. If my body is ready to go an extra day then go for it. But that goes on or off cycle. That's why u can't go by what someone esle does.

alexx33

Awards
i hit every bodypart twice a week while on cycle but only once a week off cycle. PH/DS give you amazing recovery time so twice a week is easy to do.

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Anyone else notice this thread is from '02? Anyway, I hit it 3 on then 1 or 2 off. I just lift till I bust, usually hour to an hour and a half full of supersets.

pcproffy

Awards
Short answer, yes you can over train on a cycle. Growth happens during the resting/repairing. Your growth will suffer without proper recovery. Your connective tissues (tendons and joints) may not be able to handle a hard workout as well as your muscles. Scale back if you feel tendon pain.

I did similar training/routine on cycle but would mostly increase weight or reps.

jeremiah0079

Awards
I train about the same frequency on as off but to help keep the gains while on I use more volume and when I come off I go for more weight. So actually I gain more in my pct than when I am on cycle.

turgeon.j228

Awards
I generally hit the workout 5 days a week for 2+ hours with a base of bench and squats at alternating %'s and sets/reps. Meaning: heavy bench with low reps/high sets and light squat with high reps/lower sets on one day, then flip that around the next. Also throw in deadlifts every other day, and accessory exercises for whichever group i feel needs work that day.

stamp_on_kids

Awards
I am not sure if I am more amazed you bumped a 4 month old thread, or that you do deadlifts every other day....

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
I am not sure if I am more amazed you bumped a 4 month old thread, or that you do deadlifts every other day....
Now that was funny :D probably the deadlift thing since its rather routine to see a four YEAR old thread bumped on here

oyvind

oyvind

Awards
  • Established
On ph i like to do the "arnolds golden six" whole body workout. I used to train one to two bodypart each day with a break every third, but when i did thid whole body workout, four days a week on my last epi cycle, i really got some amazing gains. My strenght got pretty crazy too, and lets not even mention the pumps����. So, i'll stick to this program for my on cycle workout, and try to focus on the three basics when i'm off.

oyvind

oyvind

Awards
  • Established
Damn, i think i just bumped a veeeeery old thread here.....��

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow, mag10. I almost bought some of that back in the day. Should have.

Ninja23

Awards
Don't be to surprised brofesser I just thought it was funny

Jr94

Awards
This post was made when I was 7 lmao but I'm doing a cycle of halo, and I think a good way to plan it is 4 days on 1 day off on cycle (for example: chest monday, legs Tuesday, back Wednesday, shoulders Thursday, rest Friday, then start over with chest saturday). This way youre hitting a different large muscle group everyday and give yourself a rest day every 4 days which is almost equal to 2 non consecutive rest days a week. Normally id say 3 rest days a week is better but when you're on cycle your recovery time is quicker and you might as well get the most of your supplement while you can. Just my 2 cents.