M1T and back cramps

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
im currently on an M1T/4-AD bulker. my M1T dosage is relatively low (started at 5mg and am at 10mg ED). i know all about the M1T sides, except for the reasoning behind one:

why the back cramps?

they are bad...almost to the point where i do not want to do deadlifts! i supplement with taurine and eat quite a few bananas (for the potassium). what causes the cramps and what can be used to help it?

Wolfe08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I heard to use taurine, so maybe up the dose...I also heard it has somethign to do with your prostate being enlarged so maybe add some saw palmetto...

DCWI

DCWI

Awards
I was told that the 'back' cramps are actually kidney stress. You might want to get your blood work done. I really hope you haven't been drinking, or I know that is what is happening

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
s'up, t_dot,
I've heard the water-retention-in-the-kidneys thing from several sources, and it seems to make sense. That said, I haven't heard any other really good ways to solve it. Potassium and taurine both helped me while on M1T, and I thought that lots of water was supposed to help with cramping. If its water retention, however, that sounds a little crazy. (I wouldn't dream of doing M1T without boatloads of water every day, though.)
Last time I did 4AD and M1T, I had hellish bloating and the back cramping. I dropped doses and added letro, which helped. I also keep the M1T cycles to 2 weeks, then switch to something less harsh.
If anyone discovers or knows of how to really handle M1T sides (aside from opioid painkillers) let us know!

phlppip

Awards
the pain is indeed due to water retention, I have the same trouble myself. I am 2 weeks into a 3 week M1T cysle.

The pain is caused by water retention around the kidney's which causes pressure on the kidnelys and lower back, hence the pain.

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
thanks bros....i knew about the back pain side before going in...i just wanted to know why. the kidney thing sounds about right. i am dosing letro at 0.25mg EOD, but i guess the kidney related water retention is not affected by it.

i dont drink anyway and the protate thing doesnt sound right.

i went out and got some potassium tabs (99mg) and will supp 5-6 of those ED. i will also try to increase water intake (has always been one of my problems).

thanks!

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I always got cramps so bad that I couldn't squat while on m1t. No amount of taurine & pottasium helped at all.

The last time I ran it, I took letro for the water retention (also running 4ad). I gained much less water weight & the cramps were almost non-existent. I didn't make the connection, I just figured it was a tolerance to m1t. I guess there is something to water retention causing the cramps.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would like to know then what causes SD's back pains. They are similar, yet not as severe as m1t.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I would like to know then what causes SD's back pains. They are similar, yet not as severe as m1t.
Hmm...I had slight back tightness while on M1T, but non at all so far on SD. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I always got cramps so bad that I couldn't squat while on m1t. No amount of taurine & pottasium helped at all.

The last time I ran it, I took letro for the water retention (also running 4ad). I gained much less water weight & the cramps were almost non-existent. I didn't make the connection, I just figured it was a tolerance to m1t. I guess there is something to water retention causing the cramps.
thats what im feeling...i have to hit legs today and i dont know how its going to go. i have been taking letro at 0.25mg EOD, but im not sure if this affects water retention around the kidneys. im not bloated at all and im up 10lbs in 14days.

maybe up the letro dosing?

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If it is truly due to the water retention, maybe potassium isn't such a good idea. Can anybody post a link or something where this is discussed in more detail? I was always under the impression that it was strictly muscular pain/cramps. If that were the case then the potassium & taurine made sense. I'm not so sure anymore based on this thread.

dd

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i dont think the muscular pain/cramps story can fly anymore...as you would experience this pain at all joints, not just lower back. the kidney reasoning makes sense.

however, taurine seems to work for many people, so who knows...

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
thats what im feeling...i have to hit legs today and i dont know how its going to go. i have been taking letro at 0.25mg EOD, but im not sure if this affects water retention around the kidneys. im not bloated at all and im up 10lbs in 14days.

maybe up the letro dosing?
I was taking 1.25mg (1/2 ml) EOD.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 12
Anabolics 22
Anabolics 25
Anabolics 3
Anabolics 10