Bad Strech Marks

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards
Ive put on about 35 pounds of muscle last year, I just started working out so i gained pretty fast. In the past 3 or 4 months i have been gettings horrible stretch marks. On my upper biceps and upper/inner legs. I know there is no magic cream that makes them dissapear besides surgery, but does anyone know the best ointment that works the fastest?

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards
Ive heard of trilastin and mederma, cocoa butter prevents them but doesnt help improve existing stretch marks. Can anyone give me more info?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Mederma was made to get rid of scars you already have. It costs about $32 and you need to do it 2 times a day but it WILL work. make sure you wash the area with anitbiotic soap. Dry it off then use a THIN layer of mederma.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ive heard of trilastin and mederma, cocoa butter prevents them but doesnt help improve existing stretch marks. Can anyone give me more info?
I'm going to try mederma next, but this is what I have been doing lately

wake up, put on a layer of Nivea firming lotion with q-10 and biotin...rub in until its dry and use cocoa butter.

late afternoon, repeat the process again.

Before bed, use vitamin E

Its been working great, i havent seen any more stretchmarks and my old stretchmarks are fading.

I also want to try that stuff Strixaderm i think its called? I hear its incredible but its $70 a bottle...

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
Are you guys getting these off of say, cycles where you gain 10 pounds? 15 pounds?

It's definitely something I'd like to live without, even if that means running shorter cycles.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You can get cocoa butter creams that will prevent them.

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
I got mine from the leg raise harnesses, now I just hold onto the bar instead.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
Stretch marks look the worst when you first get them. They fade with time. When I was around 20 years old, the ones by by pec insertions looked like deep nasty red scars. Years later, they are the same color as the rest of my skin, & only noticeable if up close.

barry

Awards
Yeah, it just pulled up on the skin on my arms.

Just dried my skin out a lot, even with lotion.
RetinaA always dries out the skin, it's really used for acne and light wrinkles. Never heard of it used for stretch marks, but maybe it would work after a while.
I got some small stretch marks on my arms last year, and I wore them like a badge of honor at first. Then I got tired of them. They did fade a bit though.

NevrEnuf

Awards
  • Established
RetinaA always dries out the skin, it's really used for acne and light wrinkles. Never heard of it used for stretch marks, but maybe it would work after a while.
I got some small stretch marks on my arms last year, and I wore them like a badge of honor at first. Then I got tired of them. They did fade a bit though.

I got then just outside my armpit on both sides, not very attractive to the eye.. But where do you get the maderma from? Do you have to order from online?

barry

Awards
I got then just outside my armpit on both sides, not very attractive to the eye.. But where do you get the maderma from? Do you have to order from online?
I think it is spelled Mederma, and it is available lots of places online. You may need to google it to find the best prices.

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
What kind of gains were you all getting when you got these stretch marks? And were you doing anything to try to prevent them?

I'd really like to try and avoid them.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What kind of gains were you all getting when you got these stretch marks? And were you doing anything to try to prevent them?

I'd really like to try and avoid them.
I get them anytime i grow really, but i gained 20lbs of my ph cycle and they look horrid

NevrEnuf

Awards
  • Established
i got em as soon as i started lifting pretty hard, shortly after i started taking creatine..

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards
my stretch marks got really bad on my last m1t cycle. Thats when the ones on my biceps started to appear. I didnt use cocoa butter or anything because i never thought i woulda got stretch marks. I have been using mederma for about 3 months with no results only getting worse