Using PH's for nagging joint pain
- 01-10-2005, 01:08 PM
- 01-10-2005, 06:50 PM
I've heard 19 nor is good for that.
- 01-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2
The only other PH that I have heard SOME feedback on helping the joints was M4OHN...This is up for debate....although I have used good-sized doses with not much noticed in the way of joint care.
If you want to get rid of the pain....there's always Deca
01-11-2005, 09:27 AM
I just did an 8 week cycle of test prop and tren, just for that reason, ie shoulder pain. I don't think it helped much if at all. The only thing I have heard of that might work is Deca, but I have no access to that. 19-nor cyp I think you would have to do a ****load (probably at least 2000mg/week), for any effect.Originally Posted by oldfart
Probably I should just take a month off, but you know how hard that is, I'm sure.
By the way, if that's you in the avatar you look pretty ripped!
01-11-2005, 10:36 AM
Well that's bad news. The guys I talked to didn't really specify what they were running. They just said joint paint seemed to wash away in the storm.Originally Posted by Greenguy
Thanks for the reply and yes that's me...F'd up shoulder and all.
01-11-2005, 07:25 PM
Decided to try some 19-nor trans.
I'll dose it high to try and get a deca-like effect.
01-12-2005, 01:42 PM
I have run deca before and am going to run 19nor sometime to see if its similar. I liked deca. let us know if you like it and what your doses are.
01-12-2005, 01:45 PM
oldfart - check out my rehab cycle suggestions at the cycle info forum
01-13-2005, 08:42 AM
I had some knee pain before I started my mdien cycle, now its completely gone!
01-13-2005, 08:53 AM
I would think any nandrolone type methyls or PH would help joint pain
01-13-2005, 04:50 PM
Hey "Young" Old Fart, I just posted today in my SD log that I am finding it really, really is helping me out with my rotator cuff problem. I am not only lifting more but feeling much less pain. Its helping my chronic tennis elbow also.
01-13-2005, 04:55 PM
SWEEEEEET!Originally Posted by Dutchman
I just started an SD cycle myself. Will throw in the 19-nor if needed when it arrives.
01-13-2005, 08:44 PM
M(4)OHN is nice to hurt joints, too - it also seems to accelerate healing.
02-07-2005, 10:38 AM
An update on this:
- I've had a nagging shoulder pain which seemed to appear right after my last PH cycle. I believe it came about because of 10 straight weeks of heavy lifting.
- It hurt severely during all military or chest press movements. There was also residual soreness after upper body workouts that seemed to get worse and last longer each time.
- I had it examined by an ortho and he basically said there appeared to be no rotator cuff tear or impingement. He said remove all overhead movements and go light on everything else that hurts.
- The problem had been there for approx. 10 weeks and was getting worse. Bench press was becoming a major problem and I was relegated to just high-rep lightweight machine presses. Shoulder work had all but disappeared from my routine.
- I tried taking a week off and removing all exercises that caused pain from my workouts. This wasn't helping as the pain persisted and even seemed to get worse.
- I embarked on a 5-6 week Superdrol/MDHT cycle to help heal the inflammed shoulder. I started the program with very light weights for all chest presses. I replaced all military presses with various light dumbell side/front/rear delt raises.
- I am now 4 weeks into the cycle and I am now seeing very significant improvement in the shoulder.
- Pain during workouts is decreased signficantly. I am almost pain free on flat and decline barbell presses. I am also now able to do incline barbell presses with some discomfort.
- I have been to able to significantly increase the weight used on chest presses with little to no pain.
- Residual soreness after workouts is nearly gone. All I really feel now is tightness.
- Still not doing any overhead movements as a precautionary measure. May start to work-in some machine presses soon.
All-in-all I would have to say the results I've seen so far are miraculous. After weeks of worsening the shoulder seems to be making a major comeback.
I am even able to go heavy enough to make some gains in size.
Clearly I am seeing the results that would be expected from a true steroidal compound. Superdrol is now my best friend.
02-07-2005, 11:09 AM
Superdrol.... my dear friend
My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
02-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Problem is, combating joint problems with anabolics is often times taking one step foreward, two steps back.
The good news is that you are taking anabolics with lower aramotizing rates. But when taking aramotizing androgens, you are going to hold more water which adds viscosity to the joints.
Then comes the down side. You are stonger after cycle (unless you did something horribly wrong) and can now load the joint moreso than prior to the cycle. But, you need to get your HTPA back in synch. How do you do that post cycle? Yup, you take anti-e's. Well, now your joints are dry and you are capable of loading them more due to the increase in strength......
Get where I am going with this?
Take a look at this. It helped me a bunch.
02-07-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by bow
I suppose the question is: are you going to end up putting a band-aid on a recurring, chronic problem from here on out? In the long term is your lifting style inflammatory to your shoulder (i.e will this be a chronic condition)? It may be, and if so how will you deal with this later, keep going on cycles? Maybe you will need some more agressive therapy and/or alter your lifting style around this, not necessarily take AS to get around it each cycle. I don't have the answers, but I think these questions, as raised by bow's post, are of most concern, not what specific compounds are best for joints (easy answers there). Good luck with it and I hope it's just a temporary shoulder pain and the rotator cuff heals fine.
02-07-2005, 12:22 PM
MOHN worked incredibly well at eliminating pain in my right shoulder. A pain that sounds very similar to yours. This was at 16 mgs daily.
As some of the other posts have eluded, once the cycle was over and PCT was complete, the shoulder pain returned.
I am now in my third week of a SD/4AD cycle and I have had a reduction in the shoulder pain, but less so than when on the MOHN. The SD is at 20 mgs a day.
Interestingly, I recently made a change in my workout routine. My split used to be:
Day 1 - Chest/Triceps
Day 2 - Back/Biceps
Day 3 - Shoulders/Abs
Day 4 - Legs
Day 5 - Rest
Day 6 - Repeat
I now have dropped the the shoulder workout and included the abs with legs. I am amazed how much better my shoulder feels. I believe part of my problem was just over training of my shoulders.
Similar Forum Threads
- By DwictorMedica in forum AnabolicsReplies: 5Last Post: 07-01-2013, 12:58 AM
- By Flaw in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 2Last Post: 11-14-2011, 11:19 PM
- By elgallotapout in forum General ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 04-27-2005, 12:41 PM
- By ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday in forum AnabolicsReplies: 7Last Post: 08-05-2004, 02:26 PM
- By MaDmaN in forum SupplementsReplies: 7Last Post: 12-19-2003, 06:43 PM