Using PH's for nagging joint pain

1. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%

Using PH's for nagging joint pain

I've heard from X-juicers that it tends to wipe out nagging (minor) aches and pains.

Any thoughts on doing a short cycle to help the body recover faster from nagging joint pain while using a high-rep light weight training regimen?

2. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I've heard 19 nor is good for that.
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.35%

Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2
    I've heard 19 nor is good for that.
    I have too.....though I have never used it.

The only other PH that I have heard SOME feedback on helping the joints was M4OHN...This is up for debate....although I have used good-sized doses with not much noticed in the way of joint care.

If you want to get rid of the pain....there's always Deca

O14
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.02%

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart
    I've heard from X-juicers that it tends to wipe out nagging (minor) aches and pains.

Any thoughts on doing a short cycle to help the body recover faster from nagging joint pain while using a high-rep light weight training regimen?
    I just did an 8 week cycle of test prop and tren, just for that reason, ie shoulder pain. I don't think it helped much if at all. The only thing I have heard of that might work is Deca, but I have no access to that. 19-nor cyp I think you would have to do a ****load (probably at least 2000mg/week), for any effect.

Probably I should just take a month off, but you know how hard that is, I'm sure.

By the way, if that's you in the avatar you look pretty ripped!

Greenguy, olderfart
  5. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Greenguy
    I just did an 8 week cycle of test prop and tren, just for that reason, ie shoulder pain. I don't think it helped much if at all. The only thing I have heard of that might work is Deca, but I have no access to that. 19-nor cyp I think you would have to do a ****load (probably at least 2000mg/week), for any effect.

Probably I should just take a month off, but you know how hard that is, I'm sure.

By the way, if that's you in the avatar you look pretty ripped!

Greenguy, olderfart
    Well that's bad news. The guys I talked to didn't really specify what they were running. They just said joint paint seemed to wash away in the storm.

Thanks for the reply and yes that's me...F'd up shoulder and all.
  6. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%

Decided to try some 19-nor trans.

I'll dose it high to try and get a deca-like effect.
  7. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.34%

I have run deca before and am going to run 19nor sometime to see if its similar. I liked deca. let us know if you like it and what your doses are.
  8. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.83%

oldfart - check out my rehab cycle suggestions at the cycle info forum
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.93%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

I had some knee pain before I started my mdien cycle, now its completely gone!
  10. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.05%

I would think any nandrolone type methyls or PH would help joint pain
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.49%

Hey "Young" Old Fart, I just posted today in my SD log that I am finding it really, really is helping me out with my rotator cuff problem. I am not only lifting more but feeling much less pain. Its helping my chronic tennis elbow also.
  12. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman
    Hey "Young" Old Fart, I just posted today in my SD log that I am finding it really, really is helping me out with my rotator cuff problem. I am not only lifting more but feeling much less pain. Its helping my chronic tennis elbow also.
    SWEEEEEET!

I just started an SD cycle myself. Will throw in the 19-nor if needed when it arrives.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.97%

M(4)OHN is nice to hurt joints, too - it also seems to accelerate healing.
  14. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%

An update on this:

THE PROBLEM

- I've had a nagging shoulder pain which seemed to appear right after my last PH cycle. I believe it came about because of 10 straight weeks of heavy lifting.

- It hurt severely during all military or chest press movements. There was also residual soreness after upper body workouts that seemed to get worse and last longer each time.

- I had it examined by an ortho and he basically said there appeared to be no rotator cuff tear or impingement. He said remove all overhead movements and go light on everything else that hurts.

- The problem had been there for approx. 10 weeks and was getting worse. Bench press was becoming a major problem and I was relegated to just high-rep lightweight machine presses. Shoulder work had all but disappeared from my routine.

- I tried taking a week off and removing all exercises that caused pain from my workouts. This wasn't helping as the pain persisted and even seemed to get worse.

THE SOLUTION

- I embarked on a 5-6 week Superdrol/MDHT cycle to help heal the inflammed shoulder. I started the program with very light weights for all chest presses. I replaced all military presses with various light dumbell side/front/rear delt raises.

- I am now 4 weeks into the cycle and I am now seeing very significant improvement in the shoulder.

- Pain during workouts is decreased signficantly. I am almost pain free on flat and decline barbell presses. I am also now able to do incline barbell presses with some discomfort.

- I have been to able to significantly increase the weight used on chest presses with little to no pain.

- Residual soreness after workouts is nearly gone. All I really feel now is tightness.

- Still not doing any overhead movements as a precautionary measure. May start to work-in some machine presses soon.

All-in-all I would have to say the results I've seen so far are miraculous. After weeks of worsening the shoulder seems to be making a major comeback.

I am even able to go heavy enough to make some gains in size.

Clearly I am seeing the results that would be expected from a true steroidal compound. Superdrol is now my best friend.
  15. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.02%

Superdrol.... my dear friend
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  16. Obese Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.4%

Problem is, combating joint problems with anabolics is often times taking one step foreward, two steps back.

The good news is that you are taking anabolics with lower aramotizing rates. But when taking aramotizing androgens, you are going to hold more water which adds viscosity to the joints.

Then comes the down side. You are stonger after cycle (unless you did something horribly wrong) and can now load the joint moreso than prior to the cycle. But, you need to get your HTPA back in synch. How do you do that post cycle? Yup, you take anti-e's. Well, now your joints are dry and you are capable of loading them more due to the increase in strength......

Get where I am going with this?

Take a look at this. It helped me a bunch.

http://www.anabolicminds.com/forum/s...ighlight=joint
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.83%

Quote Originally Posted by bow
    Problem is, combating joint problems with anabolics is often times taking one step foreward, two steps back.
    The good news is that you are taking anabolics with lower aramotizing rates. But when taking aramotizing androgens, you are going to hold more water which adds viscosity to the joints.

Then comes the down side. You are stonger after cycle (unless you did something horribly wrong) and can now load the joint moreso than prior to the cycle. But, you need to get your HTPA back in synch. How do you do that post cycle? Yup, you take anti-e's. Well, now your joints are dry and you are capable of loading them more due to the increase in strength......

Get where I am going with this?

Take a look at this. It helped me a bunch.

http://www.anabolicminds.com/forum/s...ighlight=joint

I suppose the question is: are you going to end up putting a band-aid on a recurring, chronic problem from here on out? In the long term is your lifting style inflammatory to your shoulder (i.e will this be a chronic condition)? It may be, and if so how will you deal with this later, keep going on cycles? Maybe you will need some more agressive therapy and/or alter your lifting style around this, not necessarily take AS to get around it each cycle. I don't have the answers, but I think these questions, as raised by bow's post, are of most concern, not what specific compounds are best for joints (easy answers there). Good luck with it and I hope it's just a temporary shoulder pain and the rotator cuff heals fine.
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.13%

MOHN worked incredibly well at eliminating pain in my right shoulder. A pain that sounds very similar to yours. This was at 16 mgs daily.

As some of the other posts have eluded, once the cycle was over and PCT was complete, the shoulder pain returned.

I am now in my third week of a SD/4AD cycle and I have had a reduction in the shoulder pain, but less so than when on the MOHN. The SD is at 20 mgs a day.

Interestingly, I recently made a change in my workout routine. My split used to be:

Day 1 - Chest/Triceps
    Day 2 - Back/Biceps
    Day 3 - Shoulders/Abs
    Day 4 - Legs
    Day 5 - Rest
    Day 6 - Repeat

I now have dropped the the shoulder workout and included the abs with legs. I am amazed how much better my shoulder feels. I believe part of my problem was just over training of my shoulders.

Similar Forum Threads

1. What's the best supp.for elbow + joint pain
    By MaDmaN in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-21-2014, 09:38 AM
  2. Planning to use ph/ps for the first time. Please he
    By DwictorMedica in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-01-2013, 02:58 AM
  3. Has anyone used KNOX gelatin for their joints?
    By Flaw in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-15-2011, 01:19 AM
  4. Suggestion For Joint Pain.
    By elgallotapout in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 02:41 PM
  5. PH'S for JOINTS
    By ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 04:26 PM