transdermals and contacts

timogburn

Awards
I have heard that using transdermals will make it very irritating to put in contacts because of the residue it leaves on your hands, even when latex gloves are worn. This is one of the reasons I have been avoids transdermals, but now that the ban is getting closer, buying powder would be the cheapest and most cost effective route to go. Does anyone have any experience with this? What did you do? I must wear contacts, I look like steve urkel with glasses on.

R6Speed

Board Supporter
Awards
I am running a transdermal cycle right now and have no problems with residue being left on my hands. I didn't want to go out and buy some gloves so I just put my hand in a plastic bag, like a zip lock bag, and use that to rub it on. I have yet to get any in my eyes. I think you will be fine as long as you are careful.

timogburn

Awards
Thanks Speed, can you tell me what kind of topical gel you are using and where you purchased it?

R6Speed

Board Supporter
Awards
Nutraplanets penetrate, 240ml for 14.99 right now. Can’t beat that price.

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I used t-gel last time. I don't think it's avalibale anywhere right now though. But, I didn't even use gloves. I just rubbed it in good with my hands and then washed them good. I had no problems whatsoever. But, I usually already had my contacts in when I applied the td. I'll be starting some 1test & 4ad td's next week in Penetrate. It may be a little harsher on the skin so I'm keeping gloves as an option. But don't shy away from td's just because of contacts. They can both be managed together fairly easily.

dd

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, he's out temporarily. There's a post in his section that says it sold out while he was out of town, but he got an order in pronto when he got back, so it should be back very soon.

dd

herc11

Awards
I always wear latex gloves when I use mine and ocassionally I have got residue on my contacts. Not from when I applied it but throughout the day a scratch here, rub there will get it on your hands. It burned a little bit, but was not unbearable. It went away after about 5-10 seconds and I pressed on.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
I used latex gloves. I put my contacts in first when I get up, shower, then did the first application, very carefully removed the gloves and washed my hands thoroughly.
That seemed to work for me. If you do get some in your eye/on a contact, flush your eye out with saline solution and get a new contact.
All this worked for me.

-2z-

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
I've put my contacts in before and/or after applying my s1+. If you choose not to wear a glove or plastic bag, just wash your hands real good with some dial soap. Be careful though not to get it in your eyes! It definitely burns!!!!! I had some splash into my eye somehow & I thought it was going to fry out!!!:eek:

Buc4Life04

Awards
  • Established
I had a horrible time with tgel had to throw many contacts away now i use glove.

stoned_free

Awards
i too had some trouble with my contacts and s1+ today. the burn was overwhelming, literally!!!it was like my eyes were on fire, and they felt swollen i couldn't even open them for a few minutes. i had to throw the pair away. oh well, live and learn. i'll definitely be putting my contacts on first, and i'll use gloves when applying