Blood Test Results Not Good.

GatorGrappler

Awards
OK, I have done several cycles of PHs, and am actually afraid to get blood work done. This post is about my friend. He was curious, so he decided to get some blood work done while on his M1T, 4AD cycle. Of course his liver enzymes were insanely high. The doctor said it looked like he had heptitis because his enzymes were so high. My friend explained his supplementation. He said the doctor didnt seem to have a clue about what he was talking about. Anyway, my friend got scared, stopped his cycle, and went straight into PCT with Nolvadex. He went back yesterday for his bloodwork again, and it has been about two weeks since he was on PHs. His level enzymes dropped, but very little. The doctor now thinks he might have mono. I dont know about that one. What he really wanted to know was if Nolvadex would effect liver enzyme levels. Any other info on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks

tattoopierced1

is he taking any liver supps? I believe that Nolva does affect the liver, but with him taking M1T, he should have had a good liver supp. to help combat this.....sounds like he didnt do all of his research.

GatorGrappler

Awards
is he taking any liver supps? I believe that Nolva does affect the liver, but with him taking M1T, he should have had a good liver supp. to help combat this.....sounds like he didnt do all of his research.
I know he is taking milk thistle right now. That is all I know.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Nolva can affect liver values but I don't think to this extent. Typically we see liver values drop upon cessation of M1T and they're usually back to normal within a few weeks. If his are that bad he may actually have hepatitis or liver disease of some sort. m1T may have aggrevated it.

Hep is extremely common and growing more so.

GatorGrappler

Awards
Nolva can affect liver values but I don't think to this extent. Typically we see liver values drop upon cessation of M1T and they're usually back to normal within a few weeks. If his are that bad he may actually have hepatitis or liver disease of some sort. m1T may have aggrevated it.

Hep is extremely common and growing more so.
His thoughts are that the high liver enzymes are due to M1T, and that they are only slowly decreasing because he is taking Nolva. So you dont think nolva would delay the cessation of the liver values this much?

big_D

Awards
this topic is the only downfall to ph's and legal otc bb drugs is that it all has to pass the liver and it is actually harder on your body toxic wise....than say a 10-12 week of inj only !...just my .02 cents.....milk thistle should be used year round because it takes over a month for it to be fully active and if you only take it during a cycle then you really get no benifits from it...take it year round !

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Damn thats scarry!!

I hope your buddy is ok bro, and you definitly should go do blood work.
Your health is the most important thing in the world.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How much Nolva is he taking. It really depends on the person, it takes my enzymes a while to normalize. I would get more blood tests done in two weeks, and keep a close eye on symptons.

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
two things. the best thing i ever did for the liver was combine r-ala, nac, milk thistle, water (lots), anti-oxidants.

also, i figured this out later, but during one blood test i had insanely high liver values (higher than when on m1t). it turns out it was from some physical trauma. internal bleeding/trauma can really raise the values

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I have slightly high liver function after my cycle, and am seeing a gastrologist per my doc's recommendation (even though I know it will probably just take a little more time to even out).

My cycle ended in the middle of November, it was:

weeks 1-4 20mg M1T
weeks 1-14500mg test cyp
weeks 1-13 600mg EQ
weeks 13-16 50mg winny

the M1T and winny were damn hard on the liver, obviously. Methyls should not be underestimated.

GatorGrappler

Awards
How much Nolva is he taking. It really depends on the person, it takes my enzymes a while to normalize. I would get more blood tests done in two weeks, and keep a close eye on symptons.
He is taking 40 mgs a day right now.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
Anything that goes in to the mouth affects the liver. Well, let me re-phrase that, it all goes through the liver. It is very important to have this stuff checked before you cycle. I made this mistake, I never got my blood pressure checked, did T3 and ended up in the ER. I had high blood pressure and never knew because despite everyones misconceptions that it gives you headaches or causes nose bleeds, or makes you dizzy, etc. etc, it has zero symptoms until it has caused organ damage.

If he hasn't been on cycle that long the PCT may not even be necassary. I would drop the Nolvadex and go back for liver blood work again in 4 weeks taking Milk Thistle, Dandelion Root, and R-ALA during that 4 weeks. JMHO.

GatorGrappler

Awards
Anything that goes in to the mouth affects the liver. Well, let me re-phrase that, it all goes through the liver. It is very important to have this stuff checked before you cycle. I made this mistake, I never got my blood pressure checked, did T3 and ended up in the ER. I had high blood pressure and never knew because despite everyones misconceptions that it gives you headaches or causes nose bleeds, or makes you dizzy, etc. etc, it has zero symptoms until it has caused organ damage.

If he hasn't been on cycle that long the PCT may not even be necassary. I would drop the Nolvadex and go back for liver blood work again in 4 weeks taking Milk Thistle, Dandelion Root, and R-ALA during that 4 weeks. JMHO.
I dont know how long he was "on." I will mention what you said though.

GatorGrappler

Awards
Update:

New blood work revealed a 30 point drop in liver enzymes, so things are getting better for him.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
I've read several logs where it took a few months for liver values to get back to normal after an M1t cycle.

That's why I use my bottle as a "soon to be illegal" paperweight

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Never used M1T, now I am happy with that decision. IMO it isn't worth it.

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
i hate to be the contrarian, but as i said, i had tests during and after a 5 week cycle of 30mg of m1t (m1t portion came at tail end of a longer cycle). the values were high during the cycle. 4 weeks later, they were totally back to normal.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
well there is no guarentee either way when asking about liver function test and how long recovery takes, just as with hormone levels. Some react well, others not, and the only way to go about it is to be safe and constantly monitor your health, JMO. I still like M1T, just got a round of sides this last time (after other cycles with no sides) :(

sarge

Awards
liv52 is one of the best there is for liver protection.