Liver Protection Poll

When do you use liver support supplements?

• Only during a Pro Hormone cycle

Votes: 80 11.2%
  • Only after a Pro Hormone cycle

Votes: 104 14.5%
  • During and after Pro Hormone cycles

Votes: 477 66.6%
  • Never use them at all

Votes: 55 7.7%

• Total voters
MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
This is a poll to see where all of you stand on liver protection personally.

acecombact1

Awards
i think you should use it during and after the cycle.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
What do you take?
Milk Thistle
Dandelion Root
ALA
That's for the liver. I take 26 supplements on a daily basis. On or off cycle. Something for every major system/organ in my body.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
During and after Pro Hormone cycles but...

But not Milk Thristle when i'm on a methyl cycle.

I always take a full break (from all supplements) of 1-2 weeks every 2 months.

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
Milk Thistle
Dandelion Root
ALA
That's for the liver. I take 26 supplements on a daily basis. On or off cycle. Something for every major system/organ in my body.
All I can say is holy fvcking **** dude. Thats intense. I bet you live to be 2000 or something.....

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
In general for the liver i take:

NAC (1.2g)
Milk Thristle (600mg) + other herbs

I plan to add K-R-ALA at low dose too.

I'm glad to know that there is someone else who takes MORE supplements than me :D

FunkMasterFlex

Awards
Forget overkill, how much does all that **** run you per month?
26 supps aint so bad. When i was a D-1 athlete i was poppin around 40 lol. Dropping atleast 100-150 a month. But i did work at a Vitamin SHoppe. But i mean you take Prot, Creatine, Taurine, Green tea, Multi ( a 9 a day formula), ALA, ALCAR, Pir., @-gpc, Every anti oxidant i could find lol. etc...it adds up quick. I know i spent about 7000 a year back then. Now its more like 35-50 a month cause i dont work FT.

Its all about balance, it used to be just pill poppin but once i balanced it i felt great, recovery was sick, I never got sick and i was setting Personal bests every track meet for 8 weeks ina row and all my training was improving etc....But of course life took a turn and family probs, death etc...all come to bring you back to reality lol. There aint no supps for that ****. Just good ol' alcohol :drunk:

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Milk Thistle
Dandelion Root
ALA
26 damn!?. You must be fucking loaded to be able to afford all that. Either that or you married into a rich family!. Or your living in the locker room at the gym!. I hope no one catches you!. I wish I had that kind of money. I got to spend my money on fuckin rent and food though, not to mention all my other bills!. It must be nice!

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I use them pre, during and post-cycle. I take a break when off. 1g NAC, 1.5g milk thistle (80%) silymarin, 500mg or so of ALA are key. Recently using GX from Designer which I love. I also use CoQ10 100mg.

Mavs

Awards
26 damn!?. You must be fucking loaded to be able to afford all that. Either that or you married into a rich family!. Or your living in the locker room at the gym!. I hope no one catches you!. I wish I had that kind of money. I got to spend my money on fuckin rent and food though, not to mention all my other bills!. It must be nice!
Blahahaaa, no SHIOT...I understand though, when you read and study it sounds like there is a supp with some kind of benefits for everything. Easy to overkill.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
It depends where you shop. www.vitamins.com is real cheap. I am in the process of starting a supplement company and will have even better prices than them.

big_D

Awards
milkthistle takes up to 30 days before it becomes efective to the liver and if you cycle anything it should be taken year round !

DR X

Awards
During and after always and year around. Actually I take about a dozen supplements. My wife is always on me about that but hey, I look good for a old guy.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
If you add all the crap they put in Multi vits I'm well over 40 different supps.

I'm loving NAC and milkthistle stacked with grapeseed extract, mixed tocopherols, CoQ10, chromium, folic acid and selenium.

NAC really seems to give me a boost.

Simon Keller

Awards
Having a mother and two sisters in the medical field, I turned out to be the hyperchondriac. For the liver, everyday, on cycle/off cycle: Milk Thistle, R-ALA, NAC...

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
milkthistle takes up to 30 days before it becomes efective to the liver and if you cycle anything it should be taken year round !
That applies to all herbals just about. Hawthorne takes up to 2 months to have an effect on blood pressure. I may have stated that before, but it is a waste the way I see people cycle it with M1T.

400runner

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Funkmaster...you were a track runner?...what avents did you run, and what are some good supp's for a 800 meter runner to take?

Homerjay

Awards
lozgod your avatar is wearing out my mouse's scroll button

Dr. Death

Board Supporter
Awards
What do you think the best product brands are for liver protection?

cry0smate

cry0smate

The Chosen One
Awards
lozgod your avatar is wearing out my mouse's scroll button
LMAO I couldn't agree more.... I always look for that Avatar on AR also.

I get really confused about Milk Thistle/Hawthorne Berry. Are we saying here that if I am going to do a cycle of M1t, I should start the HBE 2 months prior as well as the Mlik Thistle? I'm not doubting anything here, I'm just confused b/c I've seen so many different answers.

nestle1

nestle1

Awards
Himalaya liv 52 for the liver. I have heard it's the best thing out there.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Should i take Milk thistle on a cycle of Ergomax?
Most people are under the idea that it would hinder gains. The reasoning is that anything that improves liver function will cause the product to be deactivated/excreted more rapidly. From what I've seen this doesn't appear to be the case and I feel it's better to err on the side of caution and thusly use some liver protectant while on. It won't significantly hinder any gains so I would run it at 1g/day.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Most people are under the idea that it would hinder gains. The reasoning is that anything that improves liver function will cause the product to be deactivated/excreted more rapidly. From what I've seen this doesn't appear to be the case and I feel it's better to err on the side of caution and thusly use some liver protectant while on. It won't significantly hinder any gains so I would run it at 1g/day.
We dont really have a clear answer. I think that the matter is more complex and milk thristle is on the accusation chair.
This is from an interview to Poliquin by W. Lewellyn (very interesting read btw):

WL:​
Can you explain what you mean by a detox protocol?
CP: They use a program to get rid of the metabolites. So like calciumd-glucurate.They’ll use what they basically call “pushers�,which are large injections of detoxing compounds,and they use mainly botanical liver detoxifiers that don’t mess up the androgen sites like milk thistle, which will actually decrease steroid absorption.
WL:​
I also know that milk thistle has an anti-inflammatory effect, inhibiting the conversion of arachidonic acid to active prostiglandins. This also would be a negative for muscle growth.
CP: Yeah, milk thistle is not popular. Guys definitely stick with other botanicals.They also use botanicals to increase free testosterone during the detox or clean-up phase.

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
so what is the best stuff to take for both liver and blood pressure while on and off cycle without having to wait two months for it to work.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
so what is the best stuff to take for both liver and blood pressure while on and off cycle without having to wait two months for it to work.
You have to start taking damage-control supps BEFORE your cycle, period. Herbs do NOT kick in as fast as steroids.
Only drugs do and u know that drugs always comes with side effects.

If you are subject to high pressure, take hawtorn berry all year round. If you plan to do 2-4 methylated cycles a year, take liv.52 all year round
etc. Same would apply for cholesterol, but I havend devised a protocol for it, i'm orienting towards policosanol and allicin.
That's my advice.

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
I have to admit I bought Milk Thistle thinking it would work quick. I've read that policosanol takes awhile also. Getting ready to take fenugreek but I have heard its only effective really for about a month?? What's your take on Flax/Fish for cholesterol.. I bought the Flax from walmart 4650mg per.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
anyone use the Synthetek liver protection product?

CROWLER

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
Well, I take Proliver two weeks before the cycle, and during the cycle and during PCT.

{ Precycle+Cycle+PCT= a happy liver :) }

punta

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Pro liver everyday of my life, I just increase dose before and after cycle.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I never understood why people run polls on things like this. Not everyone is well educated on these matters and some people's vote should not be taken in consideration and a poll like this may give people the wrong idea.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad to know that there is someone else who takes MORE supplements than me :D
No joke. my ex thought I was a nutbag for everything I take throughout the day.
But then again....she always wondered why I've only been sick twice since '98. :woohoo:

wiseguyx34x

Awards
personally, i take a multi, omega 3's, dandallion, and milk thistle. sometimes i add in garlic for cholesterol.

Irish480

Awards
Throughout the whole cycle? It isn't even expensive... Why not do it through the entire cycle?

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
Lately Ive been using Liv 52 while taking any methyl's and continue it after the cylce till whenever I run out, and I save the milk thistle for between methyl cycles so as not to interfere with absorption. My last liver panel came up perfect, but I was hittin the A bombs for a good 6 or 7 weeks there after that blood test. (been off the drol for about 3 weeks now and continuing liv 52, will probably wait till test/deca cycle finish before startin milk thistle, (might want to use another oral for last couple weeks of test and deca, but havent made up my mind yet.)

Bigdaddyandy

Awards
I use milk thistle everyday.
BTW nice avatar LOZGOD

lightweight

Awards
IMO during and after, actually i take liver supps year rd, then again i drink every weekend off cycle( iknow iknow im a alky).:run:

6oxo User

Awards
Excellent question. I wish I could give you some rep.!

dhartnet

Banned
Awards
Every day I take LIV-52, Milk Thistle, Omega 3 caps (flax and fish oil mix), Red Rice Yeast, and a Multi.

bigred869

Awards
  • Established
600mg Milk Thistle Extract
600mg+ N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC)
1 Multi-Vitmatin