Sick w/ antibiotics: 2.5-3 wks into 4.5 wk epistane cycle

mrl0902

Awards
Hey guys,

I'm on day 20 of a 30-day epistane cycle. I got sick about a week into my epistane cycle and my doctor said it was a sinus infection (which I'm highly prone to, along w/ my family members) so he prescribed amoxicillin.

I felt better within 3 days of the amoxicillin course, but after finishing it last Friday (day 17), my sinus infection reappeared w/ the exact same symptoms and got progressively worse. I called my doctor today and he already had a full day booked w/ patients, so he called in a more powerful antibiotic called bactrin.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should continue my cycle or if I should jump right into PCT (torem) tomorrow.

My intuition tells me that I relapsed into my sinus infection as a result of having a weakened immune system due to being on cycle. I want to make sure this course of antibiotics (10 days) fully takes care of my sinus infection because I don't want to keep taking antiobiotics or have to take yet another after my cycle.

Couple questions...

- Has anyone else experienced weakened immune system and/or decreased effectiveness of antibiotics & the ability to fight off infections while on cycle?

- Has anyone mixed antibiotics with prohormones before? Any negative sides or interactions?

- Is it generally accepted that AAS weaken ones immune system?

- If my main concern is ensuring this course of antibiotics fully kills off my infection, do you guys think I should end my cycle now and jump right into PCT? This decision would be driven by the assumption that my immune system will be stronger while off cycle, but I really want to finish my cycle bc experiencing great gains...

- If I decide to jump into PCT tomorrow (day 21), would you recommend a shortened PCT? I don't feel any shutdown at all (this is my 2nd epi cycle...got very little shutdown my first cycle)

- Lastly, what would you do if you were me?

Any thoughts, ideas, or insight is appreciated.

Thanks,
MRL

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
cant really defnintively answer your first questions.

but if i were you, id ask myself "will this infection end with any time left to make progress on the cycle?" if the answer is no, then id just start pct now, and save me some epistane for next time. and dont run any cycles during or near allergy season anymore

mrl0902

Awards
cant really defnintively answer your first questions.

but if i were you, id ask myself "will this infection end with any time left to make progress on the cycle?" if the answer is no, then id just start pct now, and save me some epistane for next time. and dont run any cycles during or near allergy season anymore
I think I'll start feeling well enough to work out at full strength again in a couple days which gives me a full week left in my cycle (based on last course of antibiotics), but my fear is that I'll have the same experience with this antibiotic course as my first....

That is, I have 10 days left on cycle & 10 days of antibiotics...I don't want to relapse back into this sinus infection right after I go off antibiotics due to them being less effective or my immune system being supressed by the cycle. Then I could potentially have a bacterial infection in my body that is resistent to two different types of antiobiotics, which kind of scares the **** out of me.