bloodwork at end of cycle

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
OK...I was in for my 4 month exam for high blood pressure and it was the last day of a 1-T/4AD (TD) M5AA (30mg AM 40mg pre-workout.

This was supposed to be an M1T/4AD cycle but the sides of the M1T were too much so I switched to 1-T and M5AA 5 days into it. I also took Trimax for 8 days starting at day 4.

While I was there, my doc told me to get a blood draw. I asked him if it would be skewed since I had just eaten and he said "no". Here is the result (wish he would have tested my test levels :icon_lol: )

OK...can't figure out how to attach an image so here it is.

I'll just list what was out of the norm
..............value.......................norm
BUN ..........39 ..................8-19
Creatinine......1.4 ..................0.8-1.3
BUN ratio ......27.9 ..................6-20
Chloride ........98 ..................99-111
ALT .............84 ..................30-65
TSH ............2.16 ..................0.4-5.50 (thought this was interesting being normal)

He called me and told me to stop taking my meds (Benicar) because of these values. I'm not so sure if the BUN value wasn't skewed form high protein intake (maybe coupled with dehydration due to the HCTZ). Anyway...just thought I would share :thumbsup: Any thoughts?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wish I could help you. But usually the Bun, and Creatinine levels are elevated in BB'ers. Coupled with the other stuff this may explain it.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wish I could help you. But usually the Bun, and Creatinine levels are elevated in BB'ers. Coupled with the other stuff this may explain it.
You need to be honest with your Doc and tell him what your on so he can best advise what to do. If he knows you eventually will be off of the androgens and your values will return to normal, he may calm down a little bit. Of course he'll prob just say your crazy for taking the androgens anyway. I'm a believer of not hiding anything from my Doc, my health is too important to hide things.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you need your BP meds, you should tell the doc your values are skewed b/c of PH. there's nothing he can do (they're still legal, even if they weren't he can't disclose). I would just ask for another blood test a few weeks later to assess the BP bloodwork.