Thoughts on AAS/PH effects on gains. reps for good responces

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by FranARG View Post
    Haha instead of smoking a joint you should have done a good cycle..
    for sure.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    I can agree. but the npc is untested, and there are big dudes, any ways, though my pops prob should be on hrt, he competed up until he was 55, and though the competition is slim in the senior master division, he still got first over others which im sure some where on hrt or juice.
    oh yeah, i definitely agree with that. i just used the example of bodybuilders because i feel like whether natural or not, they all pretty much have the same work ethic, there just tends to be a big difference in average size and all that.

    i'm the type that thinks everyones using, though, haha. i mean, while i'll argue their effectiveness all day long, there have been TONS of guys i've seen talking about the cycle of superdrol they just took and stuff like that and they seriously look as though they've been working out for like 6 months total haha. my friends all say im delusional, but i've gotten to where i think everyone is using after hearing the douchebag kids that have only been working out for a month and wouldn't know what a real routine or diet was if it hit them in the face talking about, "yeah, i think i'm going to try winstrol, it sounds like the perfect steroid for me" in the middle of the gym like they think it makes them cool.

    but i guess that goes back to what you were saying.... you can't take steroids and expect awesome gains if you don't know what you're doing.... and while it's bad of me to say, as someone who has horrible genetics but puts in lots of work and dedication (but can't/shouldn't use steroids because of personal/family issues with blood pressure, cholesterol, etc despite wanting to use them), theres a bit of satisfaction i get in seeing kids that have damn near passed me up lose it all when they come off because they're too damn young and dumb to know what they're doing. they get all jacked up and big headed walking around looking at me like i don't know what i'm doing in the gym because i can't put on 40 lbs in 6 months like them..... and yes.... i would admit i'm bitter about it hahaha
    •   
       


  3. "Holier than thou" white knights aggravate me. You're really that concerned about a given athlete on PEDs? Let alone the average joe looking for an edge...shows how much you have going on in your life...

  4. Quote Originally Posted by FranARG View Post
    I know what you are saying, but there is not the same conection between being high and writing music, and doing AAS and practicing a sport. AAS have a direct impact, 100% of cases, in athletes. Being high does not.
    For instance: If you take an average joe, and put him on AAS, he WILL have a better athletic performance, no matter the case. But, if you put, lets say ME, on acid or coke or marihuana, I will certainly not improve my music skills.
    The relation between geting high and making music is by far not as strong as the relation between AAS and athletics.

    PD: sorry for my possible grammar mistakes, english is not my first language.
    You are really ignoring my argument I suppose because you are just trying to be right. So I will try one last time to explain it, if athletes play sports for entertainment,.why do you care if they take a drug to enhance the entrainment value? (Please don't respond talking about musicians and drugs, as I said in my reply that wasn't the point i was trying to make)

    Another question. Isn't technology the same thing? If a tennis player could use aas and a racket from the 1970s or no aas and a modern racket, wouldn't they choose the no aas and the modern racket?

    Also, say lance Armstrong uses peds and wins the tour de France, but 2nd place thru 10th place also used peds was he still cheating?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by FranARG View Post
    Little Stampy went down that road
    You really should stop doing this, one because I am actually quite bigger than you, and two its obvious from other posts in other threads that you like to put other people down, if your life is so pathetic you need to put other people down or judge other people to feel better about yourself you should really step away from the internet forums get a life and grow up.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by stamp_on_kids View Post
    You really should stop doing this, one because I am actually quite bigger than you, and two its obvious from other posts in other threads that you like to put other people down, if your life is so pathetic you need to put other people down or judge other people to feel better about yourself you should really step away from the internet forums get a life and grow up.
    Wtf??
    1) I dont know what you are talking about me liking to diminish others.
    2) I say "little" not as in "you weigh 145lb". Dont be that literal, dude..
    3) I do have a life. I am a lawyer, I work, have a gf, go out, train, etc. So STF, I kindly ask.

    As for your other post, cheating is doing something that is not allowed. It is not a monolitic thing wrote on stone. It changes as sports rules change. But hell, thats my opinion.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by bill86 View Post
    and why did my long message get all crammed together? i had separate paragraphs.... now no one is gonna read all that haha
    yeah i skipped reading that haha! but i repped it cause i know it took atleast 15minutes lol

  8. Quote Originally Posted by liftstrong View Post
    yeah i skipped reading that haha! but i repped it cause i know it took atleast 15minutes lol
    hahah thanks... thats like the 3rd time that's happened.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by FranARG View Post

    Wtf??
    1) I dont know what you are talking about me liking to diminish others.
    2) I say "little" not as in "you weigh 145lb". Dont be that literal, dude..
    3) I do have a life. I am a lawyer, I work, have a gf, go out, train, etc. So STF, I kindly ask.

    As for your other post, cheating is doing something that is not allowed. It is not a monolitic thing wrote on stone. It changes as sports rules change. But hell, thats my opinion.
    May I approach the bench as a fellow laywer? I thought I was the only lawyer who lifts haha!

    We have very busy scheduling and we can do it. I laugh at people who make excuses about not having time.
    A little off topic but thought it needed to be said haha!
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/

  10. Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    May I approach the bench as a fellow laywer? I thought I was the only lawyer who lifts haha!

    We have very busy scheduling and we can do it. I laugh at people who make excuses about not having time.
    A little off topic but thought it needed to be said haha!
    Haha! I know very little lawyers that lift, thats for sure!

    If you arrange your schedule efficiently, there is always some time to hit the gym, although I dont litigate, I work in the family business.

    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by FranARG View Post

    Haha! I know very little lawyers that lift, thats for sure!

    If you arrange your schedule efficiently, there is always some time to hit the gym, although I dont litigate, I work in the family business.

    I am a shark. ******* in the council chambers beast in the gym and loving husband at home.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/

  12. Way I see it, I have a goal for myself. To obtain that goal I need a boost. Why should I care what other people think? Mediocrity is pathetic.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by TaylorSwift View Post
    Way I see it, I have a goal for myself. To obtain that goal I need a boost. Why should I care what other people think? Mediocrity is pathetic.
    If you ain't first your last
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post

    If you ain't first your last
    Lmao! Baby jesus! Reps when I get home!

  15. I was thinking about this the other day..... how many people take statins? Is that cheating? High BP meds? Cheaters? Antidepressants? Pain killers? The list goes on and on. But orals are OK/accepted but as soon as a medication goes IM, it's taboo.
    This is so retarded. People who take AAS/PH are arguably the healthiest people around: diet and fitness oriented.
    Cheating? Maybe in competition if nobody else uses. But cheating as in life? I say those cheaters in life are the ones who take drugs because of their poor health choices; obesity, type II diabetes, high BP, CPAP machines, motorized shopping cart things... THEY are the cheaters

  16. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    I was thinking about this the other day..... how many people take statins? Is that cheating? High BP meds? Cheaters? Antidepressants? Pain killers? The list goes on and on. But orals are OK/accepted but as soon as a medication goes IM, it's taboo.
    This is so retarded. People who take AAS/PH are arguably the healthiest people around: diet and fitness oriented.
    Cheating? Maybe in competition if nobody else uses. But cheating as in life? I say those cheaters in life are the ones who take drugs because of their poor health choices; obesity, type II diabetes, high BP, CPAP machines, motorized shopping cart things... THEY are the cheaters
    I am with you in many of the things you said.
    There is no such thing as "cheaters in life". You only cheat if it is banned or prohibited. Otherwise, you just enhance your athletic performance.

  17. The sport governing body's do not want you to cheat as it imparts a negative impact on the sporting image; think of the children who aspire to be these athletes for example, or want to grow up being the best in their field. Must the only way they can ever attain these results be from blood doping, injecting new compounds to hide under the radar and so on? Is this what we want the children to aspire toward?

    The issue is though, that as the stress of being the best, as winning etc. mount and the pressure is on to retain medals and trophies and your job as an athlete, so to does the pressure to push yourself beyond what you are naturally capable to achieve. Sport is about winning; the parents that say "its not about winning, its about having fun" blah blah have got it wrong. When I compete, I want to win. I want to be the best. If I knew others in my sport were juicing, then I would too because otherwsie, I come second. And second doesn't get noticed by big sponsors.

    Is it cheating? Perhaps. Perhaps not. Quite simply we want athletes to be bigger, better, faster stronger and be natural but then accuse them of cheating when they do attain these goals. If sport already has that kind of image, maybe it is time to embrace it.

    Or maybe now more than ever it is time to change that perspective.

  18. Until organized sports do a better job of testing there is going to be continued use of steroids at the professional level. This kind of goes back to the if everyone is doing it is it cheating question. Hell the NFL doesn't even test for HGH yet!
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  19. Speaking of organized sports and testing (not to hi jack jbry's thread) The MLB test for testosterone but they do it by testing a players baseline test levels throughout the year. Which made me think of a question for you guys who think any advantage is cheating....If a MLB player is on TRT and has constant test levels of let's say 800 to 1200 or somewhere in the "normal" range is that cheating? Even though he's on par with everyone else his age and has no significant advantage over anyone?
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  20. I don't believe any sports test for ostraine yet
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/

  21. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    This is so retarded. People who take AAS/PH are arguably the healthiest people around: diet and fitness oriented.
    People who train and diet are more healthy than the majority of the population, but in no way is cycling steroids healthy.
    Hgh, maybe. Test, t3 and slin? Absolutely not.

    And I agree with bill 100%

    A year back, I was the biggest guy in my gym
    Now all the guys that used to come to me for training help are juiced to the gills and make me look small.
    These guys do not train hard. I've watched them.
    One set cable rows, ten minutes texting, one more set rows..
    Leg pressing instead of squatting, it's a ****ing joke.
    Talking using machines for arms.

    To be honest it pisses me off how little they train and how much they gain.

    They do not diet hard, I've heard/ seen what they do.

    Weekly cheat meals? when I did my twelve week prep I got one cheat, and it was a few pounds of sweet potatoes.

    Ex: offseason BB from above group
    "i'm eating two meals a day three shakes i'm on hgh, slin, and test, why can't I grow?"

    What a ****ing joke.


    Let me be clear, I have nothing against those who juice-providing they are busting their ass in and out.

    I do not however, have any respect for the guys that are using gear as a short cut for hard work and dedication.

    I do not assume someone is on unless I know, or it's obvious.

    Also, I find it kind of pathetic how much people who use downplay how much it helps.

    Moral of the story, man up and admit you used. Don't walk up to me and tell me "I gained ten pounds starting my diet-it's all me bro"

  22. I guess you know a different side of it than I ever thought of. I train in a high school weight room M-F and a corporate gym Sat/Sun full of soccer moms and weekend warriors. So I am definitely nave to your point as far as seeing guys who are juiced up hard.
    Now that you shed some light like that you have me thinking. My point you quoted though is how the AAS user that I envision is conscious of their health, not a 500lb er looking for a miracle. Don't forget that probably 80%+ of people do not exercise or have a clue about health. So even though Brutus juices hard and has a BS training regime, he's still doing more than almost everybody else you will see in the general public.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    I guess you know a different side of it than I ever thought of. I train in a high school weight room M-F and a corporate gym Sat/Sun full of soccer moms and weekend warriors. So I am definitely nave to your point as far as seeing guys who are juiced up hard.
    Now that you shed some light like that you have me thinking. My point you quoted though is how the AAS user that I envision is conscious of their health, not a 500lb er looking for a miracle. Don't forget that probably 80%+ of people do not exercise or have a clue about health. So even though Brutus juices hard and has a BS training regime, he's still doing more than almost everybody else you will see in the general public.
    You have a good point man.

    i'm not anti steroid, this is how I see it :

    Your diet and training should make up The majority of the double layered cake. Gear is only the icing on top.

    When I see people who don't have either layer of their cake so to speak, and are trying to pile on frosting, it makes me mad.

    I have much respect for the guys that have everything dialed in. they have already made their cake, and they have every damn right to frost their cake as they please

  24. IMO taking steroids would only be cheating if every person would have been born with exactly the same genetic possibilities. Its easy for an genetically gifted person to say to a not so gentically gifted roider that he is a cheater because the former person doesnt have the need for taking PEDs. A lot of hypocrites out there.

  25. I think its only cheating if nobody in your sport is using gear. However, testing isn't as efficient as it should b so many ppl will work the system, so it won't b fair until everyone is on the same ground. Personally I use gear strictly for competitive BBing and I plan on going pro. I do bust my ass everyday though and I don't take for granted the genetics God has blessed me with. If I wasn't competing I'd probly still would've used but later in life.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Stri8ed View Post
    I think its only cheating if nobody in your sport is using gear. However, testing isn't as efficient as it should b so many ppl will work the system, so it won't b fair until everyone is on the same ground. Personally I use gear strictly for competitive BBing and I plan on going pro. I do bust my ass everyday though and I don't take for granted the genetics God has blessed me with. If I wasn't competing I'd probly still would've used but later in life.
    Agreed bro.

    I don't like how some people use then compete in drug free organizations.

    Respect for competing in the correct Fed.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post

    Agreed bro.

    I don't like how some people use then compete in drug free organizations.

    Respect for competing in the correct Fed.
    I agree. With great genetics, diet, and training, gear will turn u into a freak. Ex: Phil Heath. Just look at the transformation he made from college basketball to the IFBB. He is truly gifted.

  28. the most ridiculous thing is that in some sports who are considered olympic everything listed by the WADA is banned in competition though some of the prohibited compounds CANNOT have any positive impacts in this specific sports area.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by uubiduu View Post
    the most ridiculous thing is that in some sports who are considered olympic everything listed by the WADA is banned in competition though some of the prohibited compounds CANNOT have any positive impacts in this specific sports area.
    Yeah they just go ban crazy.

  30. "Cheating" is such a loaded word IMO. It has a very negative connotation. Perhaps for good reason. However, it has been my experience that most of the people who are at the top of their respective professions, whether it's in business, law, politics, etc., are guilty of what would be considered cheating. And the people who don't cheat, while they may feel a certain sense of self-satisfaction, never reach the pinnacle of their chosen endeavors. Take Arnold for example, by all outward measures, he is considered a success. He is the most popular bodybuilder of all time, a famous movie star, former governor of a US state, and rich beyond belief. But less face it, had Arnold never used AAS we would have never heard of him. Sure, you can say steroids were "legal" in Arnold's day; but they weren't "legal" for bodybuilding purposes. More or less like today, they were legal for medicinal purposes. Just like today, many in Arnold's era viewed taking drugs to enhance their physique as cheating. And you know what? We've never heard of any of these guys. They may have been legends in their local gym but they certainly didn't become global icons. So should one use AAS? Well, if you want to be a legend in the fitness industry, by all means don't hesitate. And if you want to present yourself as natural for marketing purposes go ahead and use them as you'll have a tremendous advantage against real naturals. Just don't get caught like Lance, who is another example of a "cheater" who became an international superstar. Lance's big downfall was his hubris though. Had he been smart about it no one would have never known and his experience would have more closely resembled that of Arnold's. Dare to cheat and be great. Or be a nobody. I'm not passing judgment, it just is what it is.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Best books on AAS/PHs
    By bigdavid in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2012, 03:54 AM
  2. PH effects on Swimmers
    By cghardwick in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 01:45 PM
  3. PH effects on a teen?
    By cloc in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 02:16 AM
  4. Will Brink On AAS/PH
    By GTOman in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2005, 12:54 AM
  5. AAS.. Different effects on different people?
    By Blatalian in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-13-2004, 11:11 PM
Log in
Log in