How much do you like to tweak your calories while ON?

jbergman90

Awards
I'm 5'7, 156-158 lb's, approx 12% bodyfat.

I'm currently about 300 calories under maintenance at 1850kcals per day, every day.
I get 200-215 grams of protein daily, 60-80 grams of fats, and fill the rest with carbs. My diet is clean with a weekly cheat meal.
Was going to adjust to 300+ grams of protein daily, same amount of fats, and more carbs while on.

4 weeks into a cut, with roughly 4 to go judging by the rate of progress, and i'm going to be using the IML m-sten I have right now for a cut/recomp. Would be running either 10/20/20/20 or 20/20/20/20. PCT is already lined up and ready.

My question is this: If my normal maintenance calories are 2100-2150, could I go way above maintenance on days I lift (2500-2600 calories) and slightly above maintenance on non-training days (~2250 kcals) and still expect to lose bodyfat? My plan was to do a 45 minutes of medium intensity cardio on days im not weight training and 20 minutes of medium intensity after weight training sessions.

ill rep for any helpful information. (its low but eh..)

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
so cardio everyday?

jbergman90

Awards
so cardio everyday?
Pretty much. Usually i'll skip it after legs and take sunday completely off but other than that yeah.

To other posters: I know I could easily do a clean bulk and gain without cycling, but I won't put 10 lb's on my frame that as fast as I'd like without cycling. I used to be 170@ 10% bf, an injury set me back big time. Just tryna catch back up to where I was.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pretty much. Usually i'll skip it after legs and take sunday completely off but other than that yeah.

To other posters: I know I could easily do a clean bulk and gain without cycling, but I won't put 10 lb's on my frame that as fast as I'd like without cycling. I used to be 170@ 10% bf, an injury set me back big time. Just tryna catch back up to where I was.
170 @10% still isn't big.....

Also, when most people say they're 10%, they're actually closer to 12-15% so.......

No need to cycle. Coming back from an injury sucks, but muscle memory will usually get you back there in no time at all.

Save the cycle for when you can't gain naturally.

jbergman90

Awards
170 @10% still isn't big.....

Also, when most people say they're 10%, they're actually closer to 12-15% so.......
No need to cycle. Coming back from an injury sucks, but muscle memory will usually get you back there in no time at all.
Save the cycle for when you can't gain naturally.
Nah it's not objectively big but it was a good size for me, especially compared to where i'm at now.

I was at 10% prior to the injury though, I'd had it tested.

Anyway thanks for the advice everyone, it'll all be considered.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
LMFAO, only on this board do mfckers have actual live pictures of bacon wrapped in bacon wrapped around beef :D Ever use them toothpicks to wrap a pork tenderloin in bacon? Man its hard to keep that thing tightly wrapped.