GW1516 (GW-501516) can now be detected

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
I was always under the impression that SARMS couldn't be detected via normal doping tests but it looks like that is no longer the case, or at least for GW-501516 - BBC Sport - European champion Valery Kaykov sacked for failing drug test

European track cycling champion Valery Kaykov has been sacked by his team after failing a drugs test. Rusvelo acted after the Russian, who won European Track Championship team pursuit gold in 2012, tested positive for fat-burning drug GW1516.

The 24-year-old has also been suspended by the International Cycling Union (UCI), world cycling's governing body.

"Kaykov had his contract terminated after testing positive for a prohibited substance," a Rusvelo statement said.

He becomes the first athlete to be suspended for using the substance, which was withdrawn from research when it was found to cause cancer in rats.
I wonder if Osta and S4 are also showing up on doping tests now? If so, it will be interesting to see how many athletes are actually using them.

HotSpur922

HotSpur922

Awards
def interesting, i'll stick around to see what happens.

AwhYeah

AwhYeah

Banned
Awards
I stopped taking my gw this morning. I'm not likely all this cancer talk. It has something to do with the cox-2 gene and stimulation. I'm taking tribulus, which is suppose to compete for receptors with cox-2...but I don't...I don't want to rely on tribulus to prevent cancer..

I will say the stuff works though

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
I think the cancer was from a test using GW on mice who were predisposed to cancer. I seem to remember seeing a paper on it somewhere and it mentioned that after running GW some of the mice has developed polyps. I don't know the dose or length of the GW but the general concensus on more hardcore boards are that if you have relatives who have developed colon cancer at an early age (<60) then this is one to definietly avoid.

I know the cholesterol side of things with GW were something that GlaxoSmith Kline were testing. On rats the GW showed a large drop in LDL while keeping HDL high. I thought they were going to be doing human trials but maybe that's not happening any more with the concerns over cancer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Razo44 Cycle Logs 9
Anabolics 4
Anabolics 10
Cycle Logs 1
Anabolics 0