Blood Pressure: How High is Too High to Start a Cycle?

Zatek

Awards
Long story short, I've made some poor dietary choices and my sleep schedule has been off because I was promoted to a 2nd shift position, so in the past few months and my blood pressure has risen. It's not dangerously high or anything. I've been doing well with diet and sleep that past couple weeks and the average of three measurements this morning was 125/87, but I don't want to do anything stupid. How low do you you guys think I should get just to be on the safe side? Below 120/80? Lower? I've been cutting for a quite a while and am anxious to start bulking up, but I wanna be safe about it.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Where you start at is not necessarily that important (provided its reasonable), keeping an eye on your BP during the cycle is whats important. I like to stay in the 130's and 80's....high end of normal or in "high normal"....whatever I need to take, hawthorn extract or BP meds? I take enough to keep me at those #'s. If I can get down to high 120's and high 70's on cycle? It's a beautiful thing.

gymrat99

Awards
I took my bp last night and I was 136/76. Usually at night of cycle i am bout 120/67. Like other said take bp meds or hb to lower it. I was taking celery seed and it did maintain my lower bp for a while till my body got used to it.

liftin4fun

Awards
  • Established
Support supplements for BP do help. If I get to high which is above 145 for me I will just lower my dose until it levels back down.

gymguy21

Awards
Where you start at is not necessarily that important (provided its reasonable), keeping an eye on your BP during the cycle is whats important. I like to stay in the 130's and 80's....high end of normal or in "high normal"....whatever I need to take, hawthorn extract or BP meds? I take enough to keep me at those #'s. If I can get down to high 120's and high 70's on cycle? It's a beautiful thing.
What do you take for your bp on cycle? Dosages? Just curious as I'm on day 2 of hdrol and getting some headaches.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
What do you take for your bp on cycle? Dosages? Just curious as I'm on day 2 of hdrol and getting some headaches.
My blood pressure was 142/89 on dbol, test cycle and i took apple cider vinegar(1 tbls 3x day) and it dropped to 136/80 in 1 week.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Usually a bp rx like lisinopril....or high dose hawthorn extract. Works for me at least.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Cool what do you consider high dose HB? I preloaded my HB for like a month and Cse as well.
I know with the high quality extract (a house brand of the "VS") I use 6 caps max and that is usually all I need. BUT I've had to use 9 caps plus a few lisinopril before when BP really spiked up. My BP is extra sensitive to high dose oral DHEA products (like PP or AF stuff)...and if I take the full dose of them, plus maybe a half dose of another DHEA product, man I have to take 9 caps of extract with some lisinopril too (like cap for cap with the DHEA product essentially). Everybody has something that jacks up their BP, for whatever reason mega dose oral DHEA products kill me. But yeah 6-9 is "high dose" to me......

gymguy21

Awards
I know with the high quality extract (a house brand of the "VS") I use 6 caps max and that is usually all I need. BUT I've had to use 9 caps plus a few lisinopril before when BP really spiked up. My BP is extra sensitive to high dose oral DHEA products (like PP or AF stuff)...and if I take the full dose of them, plus maybe a half dose of another DHEA product, man I have to take 9 caps of extract with some lisinopril too (like cap for cap with the DHEA product essentially). Everybody has something that jacks up their BP, for whatever reason mega dose oral DHEA products kill me. But yeah 6-9 is "high dose" to me......
Crazy how the PP and AF stuff jacks up your bp I thought they were supposed to be easier on bp

5ourdiesel

Awards
Before cycling and all through college, my BP was 145/90. I was 6'1 165 and did crew, my mile was under 5:30 and ran 10k ~40min. My BP never drew any flags when they checked it. I asked physicians about it. Every one of them had the same conclusion. BP is not much of a concern when you are young. It onnly becomes a concern wen you are in your mid 30s or are obese. As you age, your blood vessels lose their elasticity, resulting in more damage. If you're prescribed adderall it can reach 160 and adderall is not a short term drug. Hell they give it to 5 year olds. BP spikes from cycling is so short lived. You're fine

gymguy21

Awards
Before cycling and all through college, my BP was 145/90. I was 6'1 165 and did crew, my mile was under 5:30 and ran 10k ~40min. My BP never drew any flags when they checked it. I asked physicians about it. Every one of them had the same conclusion. BP is not much of a concern when you are young. It onnly becomes a concern wen you are in your mid 30s or are obese. As you age, your blood vessels lose their elasticity, resulting in more damage. If you're prescribed adderall it can reach 160 and adderall is not a short term drug. Hell they give it to 5 year olds. BP spikes from cycling is so short lived. You're fine
I know its short lived. I just don't remember it coming on this soon on my first hdrol run

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
145/90 would make me piss my pants. I want to keep it at 130/80 (or less if not cycling anything actually). Funny enough about the age thing, the new BP machine at the pharmacy asks your age....41 for me....so 131/80 got me tagged "at risk" on my score screen LOL :D...I was like OOOOOOO-KAY!!!!! Then i though about my age and figured they wanted me 120's and 70's in order not to get a warning. Next time I'm plugging in 29 years old :D But really though, 140's and 90's won't kill you or nothing, but I think if its chronic and may trend upwards time to time....over time that can't be a "good thing"....

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Crazy how the PP and AF stuff jacks up your bp I thought they were supposed to be easier on bp
Actually there are quite a few guys who have this problem with mega dose DHEA orals. I was surprised as well, but I got several replies when I mentioned it a while back. They are safer overall, but not on your BP for many guys.

gymguy21

Awards
Actually there are quite a few guys who have this problem with mega dose DHEA orals. I was surprised as well, but I got several replies when I mentioned it a while back. They are safer overall, but not on your BP for many guys.
I gotcha I didn't know about some bp issues with the dhea orals