pct training - take it easy? (relatively)

1. Registered User

pct training - take it easy? (relatively)

I haven't heard many views on lifting during pct, and was wondering what everyone thought. This is where I screwed up in the past I think, and ended up sacrificing some gains. I felt pretty crappy after m1t/4ad, using nolva for pct. I tried to train the same way, but ended up working real hard some days, then leaving the gym early on others, since I couldn't do much and was worn out, having trouble recovering from my good workouts, which were infrequent. I kept calories pretty constant, which im glad of.

My ideas now: Bump calories. Sleep more. Emphasize heavy compunt lifts - if this is all you can do, then so be it. Frequent, short workouts. Lower intensity and volume (I tried to keep them up and crashed and burned). I think I speak for most people when I say you can't affor to be doing 15 sets of biceps in a workout. it's draining and counterproductive in this condition.

Maybe this is obvious, but when someone who doesn't know much about ph mentions a cycle, everyone is quick to yell pct pct pct. People aren't as quick to talk about training. It's pretty likely that you're not going to feel too good about training, esp is test is near zero. If you don't keep gains, they're not gains.

Am I crazy, or is this stuff grossly underemphasized?

2. Board Supporter

www.hypertrophy-specific.com

Try a cycle of 5's of the HSt routine.
  3. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor

I would suggest you keep lifting the VERY most you can. If your body has no reason to keep the muscle you have made if you decrease the intensity.

I would NOT increase the number or workouts.

You mention you can't do 15 sets for biceps during PCT. I hope you were not even doing 15 sets while ON your cycle that is more than I do in an ENTIRE MONTH>

As far as HST I would NOT advocate changing your workout that dramatically. Is it even intended as a good PCT traning program?
    •   

4. Board Supporter

not intended, but advised by many.

www.mindandmuscle.net
  5. Banned

if you feel ****ty during PCT (and many do), listen to your body. if it says: "i need more time to recover and please dont work me so hard" then adjust accordingly. some people have to bump cals during PCT to keep the gains, but i imagine that CAN be dangerous considering low test = low conversion of protein to muscle tissue. i personally bumped cals up during PCT and held most of the gains i got off PH cycles while still losing the fat and bloat.
  6. Registered User

i think intensity needs to stay up but volume should be lowered, as well as frequency if needed
  7. Registered User

You mention you can't do 15 sets for biceps during PCT. I hope you were not even doing 15 sets while ON your cycle that is more than I do in an ENTIRE MONTH>
    no, don't wory, im not that crazy. I just think this is an area that alot of people don't give enough thought to, including myself in the past.

Intensity - It's important, but be realistic. When your test is near zero (pct), I can't see maintaining the same level of intensity as when on cylcle as feasable, though it would be nice. Also, in this state, can your body recover well form a hard workout and be ready to go balls to the wall again in a day or two? I don't know, but I doubt it.

I'm not saying I'm right about this stuff, it's what I'd do if i were to do it over, which won't happen with M1T, since I'll never touch the stuff again.

What has everyone had the most success with?
  8. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BigPJ
    Intensity - It's important, but be realistic. When your test is near zero (pct), I can't see maintaining the same level of intensity as when on cylcle as feasable, though it would be nice. Also, in this state, can your body recover well form a hard workout and be ready to go balls to the wall again in a day or two? I don't know, but I doubt it.
    only rarely does test ever actually go to zero using (currently) legal substances, M1T being the worst. still, your test recovers to 90% in a relatively short period of time (you'll know when all the symptoms of proper test production return if they were stunted during the 1st week or two of PCT), the rest of PCT is just to make REALLY sure you're back all the way, and to be able to step down doses of anti-e's to prevent rebound (which could very easily happen if you went 60/60 nolv and then quit)

but those first few days you speak of....i didnt notice a terrible drop in strength or intensity, probably on account of some of the PH still being in my system.

just FYI
  9. Board Supporter

I just finished a cycle and I am taking the week off for traveling. Its hard for some reason for me to eat a lot I am starting to bloat I think it is my estrogen/test dominant ratio that coudl be causing bloat. Its been a little over a week since my last shot and I am up 5 pounds
  10. Registered User

I dont understand how someone could have decent bis with only doing 15 sets of bis in a month.
  11. Registered User

Awesome Post

Your right, not much discussion about workout programs post cycle. I usually decrease the weight and intensity. I like to go with lower weight and more reps and sets. I'm not saying this is the best way for everyone or even in theory, but comming off cycle where I lifted hard and heavy and then feeling a little lethargic/burned/tired I have found less weight, more reps and sets worked well for me.
  12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERTAKER
    I dont understand how someone could have decent bis with only doing 15 sets of bis in a month.
    Different strokes for different folks I guess. Don't think it would work for me, but I've seen gymnasts with rediculous bis that don't lift - only do bodyweight exercises. Also, Heavy back work, i.e. indirect bicep training can do wonders. You'd be supprised what rows and deadlifts can do alone. My buddy did only the 3 big compound lifts for about a month and his biceps got bigger along with the rest of him. probly wouldnt work for a prolonged period of time though. training by the book isn't the only way.

...straying further off topic.

seriously, any more input on how you kept gains post cycle?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. using fenugreek for pct? take it pwo!
    By OmarJackson in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 10:31 PM
  2. My PCT, how does it look?
    By muscles4life in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-22-2004, 11:20 PM
  3. 4ad trans...when do i take it?
    By corteztk1982 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 03:55 PM
  4. buyb12 makes it easy...buy here