It's Tea Time Bitches

1976pianoman

1976pianoman

Awards
I've ditched my CEL cycle support and have conjured up a new radical theory.

Being an ex-alcoholic/addict, I was well versed in the art of killing my liver over many years of my life in my 20's. Heavy alcohol and heavy methamphetamine abuse. Meth is methylated. I assume the liver damage may be similar to a methylated PH, but I'm not for certain. I am for certain that I had insanely frightening liver values on and off over the years, even though I always felt fine. One time in particular, my doctor immediately sent me to the ER after getting my liver tests back. I know a lot about liver and kidney support herbs, the ingredients in cycle support supplements. My experience proved that they did work, but they were pretty much useless if I was still drinking and drugging. So I'm curious to know just how effective these products actually are on our liver while we are bombarding it with methylated PH? Maybe a little, but definitely I think, less than what we are being spoon fed by the people who make these supplements.

One things for sure, IMO - while these supplements may very well be effective, they certainly are no more effective in insanely high dosages like we seem to be doing in the PH realm. I'm sure if you spoke to a real Chinese herbalist, someone who professionally prescribes these types of herbs that they would scoff at these cycle support supplements. They are too highly dosed and shouldn't be taken in pill form.

So I'm going out on a limb with this and sipping Yogi Detox tea instead. This is the closest thing to what a real Chinese doctor would have me do. I personally know of one in the LA area. His name is Daoshing Ni, he comes from a lineage of ancient Chinese doctors. I laugh at that - but it's true. He fixed a friend of mine up real good. I cannot afford to see him right now, nor do I need to, but when I get some income coming in again, I'm going to go over there and have a sit down with him on this subject. My intuition + experience with all this tells me he would probably agree with me.

Here is what's in Yogi Detox Tea. I drink 2-4 cups per day:

• Indian Sarsaparilla Root
  • Cinnamon Bark
  • Ginger Root
  • Licorice Root
  • Burdock Root
  • Dandelion Root
  • Cardamom Seed
  • Clove Bud
  • Black Pepper
  • Long Pepper Berry
  • Chinese Amur Cork Tree Bark
  • Japanese Honeysuckle Flower
  • Forsythia Fruit
  • Gardenia Flower
  • Chinese Goldenthread Root
  • Rhubarb Root
  • Wax Gourd
  • Juniper Berry Extract
I'm doing epistane right now, which is milder on the liver. I probably wouldn't take this risk if I was doing a harsher PH without first consulting with the Chinaman.

1976pianoman

1976pianoman

Awards
Yeah, it took me some time to adjust to the flavor. It is definitely an odd tasting tea. You can tell it's medicinal and not intended to taste fantastic.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I am going to stick with tudca, juniper berries are the culinary equivalent to small pox.

1976pianoman

1976pianoman

Awards
tudca is actually a common prescription in Chinese medicine, but it's not in my tea dammit. I think it comes from bears.

colbert-bears1-786628.gif

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
1976pianoman

1976pianoman

Awards
Actually, the real reason behind all this is so I can have a reason to use my Lionel Richie tea set.

tea.jpg

Bodock

Bodock

Awards
  • Established
lol