Ostarine and Tendons/Ligaments

sanguine

Awards
I have seen it touted on a few forums and fitness sources that Ostarine has beneficial effects on joints and increases collagen synthesis in them.

Is there anything to substantiate this rumor? I used to be interested in AAS for this very purpose but upon further research decided it really wasnt something they are good for.

dtaylo83

Awards
I have seen it touted on a few forums and fitness sources that Ostarine has beneficial effects on joints and increases collagen synthesis in them.

Is there anything to substantiate this rumor? I used to be interested in AAS for this very purpose but upon further research decided it really wasnt something they are good for.
Asked the same question on another forum.Basically,it seems to alleviate minor niggles,but won't touch any serious conditions(unfortunately!!)

xFRACTION

xFRACTION

Awards
  • Established
From RussianStar: One of the outstanding facets of Ostarine is that it doesnt just build muscle, it increases tendon strength, improves the health of the ligaments, increases bone density and increases the rate at wich collagen is turned over. To achieve this a dose of 12mg ed is adequate, and promotes improvement in joint movement that can be seen after just 6-8 days, this dose is very effective for treating injuries like shin splints, and can be used post operation to help maintain muscle and speed up the recovery of the limb, (Bone/Tendon) that has been operated on. References

1.Selective androgen receptor modulators in preclinical and clinical development.

Narayanan R, Mohler ML, Bohl CE, Miller DD, Dalton JT.
Preclinical Research and Development, GTx, Inc., Memphis, Tennessee, USA

2.J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2006 Dec;102(1-5):261-6.Prostate cancer risk in testosterone-treated men.
Raynaud JP.
Université Pierre & Marie Curie, 51 bvd Suchet, Paris 75016, France. [email protected]

3.Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2008 Oct 15;18(20):5567-70. Epub 2008 Sep 5.Effect of B-ring substitution pattern on binding mode of propionamide selective androgen receptor modulators.
Bohl CE, Wu Z, Chen J, Mohler ML, Yang J, Hwang DJ, Mustafa S, Miller DD, Bell CE, Dalton JT.
Division of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, 500 West 12th Avenue, 242 L.M. Parks Hall, Columbus, OH 43210, USA

sanguine

Awards
Interesting. Thanks for the actual references; I will look them up using my school library access and let yall know what I find.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
from personal experience of 2 ostarine cycles, I'd say it's ok but its not magic. I have a shoulder problem from too many +90lb dips so I thought I'd try it. So the osta had a very slight positive effect but I still can't do dips. It did however increase my strength a bit though. Had a couple PR's on ostarine, 450 deadlift and 325 bench.

But I will be running deca in about 3 weeks, and see if that can help the old shoulder.