Liver values, look ok?

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey im on PCT right now from a 8 week m1t/mdien/m5aa cycle, it turns out i just got mono from my GF
So my doctor ordered liver function tests to confirm, tell me how these values look..

AST 88
GGT 69

one was called phostphate something or other and it was 169,

thanks.

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey im on PCT right now from a 8 week m1t/mdien/m5aa cycle, it turns out i just got mono from my GF
So my doctor ordered liver function tests to confirm, tell me how these values look..

AST 88
GGT 69

one was called phostphate something or other and it was 169,

thanks.
AST 88
Normal is 17-59

Not sure about GGT

Please say you didnt stack all 3 of those at the same time. Or run the M1T for 8 straight weeks.

What were your dosages?

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Greater-than-normal values

• Very high levels (10 to 20 times greater than normal) of aspartate aminotransferase (AST) can indicate recent or severe liver damage, such as hepatitis caused by a viral infection or drug overdose, decay of a large tumor (necrosis), or shock.
  • Moderately high levels (5 to 10 times greater than normal) of AST can indicate:
    • A heart attack or heart failure.
    • Having taken high doses of vitamin A.
    • Kidney or lung damage.
    • Liver damage, such as from cirrhosis.
    • Mononucleosis.
    • Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
    • Some types of cancer.
    • A rare autoimmune disease that affects muscles (myositis).
  • Slightly high levels (2 to 5 times greater than normal) of AST may indicate:
    • A heart attack or heart failure.
    • Hepatitis caused by alcohol dependence.
    • Hemolytic anemia, such as that caused by sickle cell anemia or a reaction to blood transfusion.
    • Some types of cancer.
    • Pancreatitis.
  • AST levels may be high when a disease first develops, which is often when tissue damage is most severe. Decreasing levels of AST in the blood may be a sign of recovery from the disease or injury.
  • Many conditions may cause elevated AST levels, including severe burns, traumatic injuries, pulmonary embolism, or heat exhaustion and heatstroke. Ingestion of poisonous mushrooms also may cause elevated AST levels.
http://my.webmd.com/hw/hepatitis/hw20331.asp?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Alkaline phosphatase Adults:

38–126 international units per liter (IU/L)

Women in the third trimester of pregnancy have high alkaline phosphatase (ALP) levels because the placenta produces ALP. Children usually have much higher ALP levels than adults because rapid bone growth is normal in children.

Greater-than-normal values may mean

• Very high levels of ALP can be caused by liver disorders, such as hepatitis, blockage of the bile ducts (obstructive jaundice), gallstones, cirrhosis, liver cancer, or cancer that has spread (metastasized) to the liver from another location in the body.
  • High ALP levels can be caused by bone diseases, such as Paget's disease, osteomalacia, rickets, bone tumors, or by overactive parathyroid glands (hyperparathyroidism). Normal healing of a bone fracture can also raise ALP levels.
  • Heart failure and heart attack can raise ALP levels, as can some diseases such as mononucleosis or kidney cancer. A serious infection that has spread throughout the body can also raise ALP levels.

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
GGT (gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase) is found in the liver. Obesity, PBC, heavy drinking, fatty liver, and certain medications or herbs that are toxic to the liver can cause GGT levels to rise the normal range of GGT is from 5 IU/L to 80 IU/L.

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

;)

Not a dumb question, but its the best I could find :D

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

;)

Not a dumb question, but its the best I could find :D
LOL thanks for the answers meathead, and yeah i forgot google is my freind :D

The 169 was my alkiline phosphate, obviously everything isnt too out of wack..
and no the m1t/mdien/m5 was all appropriately cycled to avoid overload.

cheers

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
So overall, ya all those values are elevated. Expect them to get a lot worse with mono though. Find out of nolva causes any liver stress, because for me mono alone sent my ALT/AST into the 300s for a couple days.