Lots of gyno caused by poor androgen:estrogen ratio?

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
Was hoping some of the more advanced guys could help me clear this up. I read that a lot of people's gyno is caused by a poor androgen:estrogen ratio. Also in the article, claiming that stacking an androgen with your chosen PH (assuming its mostly anabolic) would help prevent on-cycle induced gyno.

Sorry if this makes no sense lol on my phone now so it's tough to find the exact article but I read it last night

chris223

Awards
  • Established
Was hoping some of the more advanced guys could help me clear this up. I read that a lot of people's gyno is caused by a poor androgen:estrogen ratio. Also in the article, claiming that stacking an androgen with your chosen PH (assuming its mostly anabolic) would help prevent on-cycle induced gyno.

Sorry if this makes no sense lol on my phone now so it's tough to find the exact article but I read it last night
I may be wrong here, but I believe gyno is caused by estrogen or prolactin. Period. Link the article if you can, but it sounds like they're overcomplicating things.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
I may be wrong here, but I believe gyno is caused by estrogen or prolactin. Period. Link the article if you can, but it sounds like they're overcomplicating things.
yes, estrogen is the primary culprit (however there are numerous other factors) for gyno but you dont have to have overly high levels of estrogen to produce gyno if you have insufficient androgenic activity. ie: androgen/estrogen ratio is a crucial factor in gyno development. i dont have a link handy to back that up but i feel its been pretty well established, at least through my research anyways.

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
yes, estrogen is the primary culprit (however there are numerous other factors) for gyno but you dont have to have overly high levels of estrogen to produce gyno if you have insufficient androgenic activity. ie: androgen/estrogen ratio is a crucial factor in gyno development. i dont have a link handy to back that up but i feel its been pretty well established, at least through my research anyways.
Yea you explained it much better than I did lol I think part of what made me wonder was seeing people get gyno off Epi. Epi is anti-estrogenic and no progestin sides so it was explained to me as a poor estrogen/androgen ratio. May have understood it wrong but the guy also told me stacking Epi with an androgen product such as stano would greatly decrease gyno risk

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
Yea you explained it much better than I did lol I think part of what made me wonder was seeing people get gyno off Epi. Epi is anti-estrogenic and no progestin sides so it was explained to me as a poor estrogen/androgen ratio. May have understood it wrong but the guy also told me stacking Epi with an androgen product such as stano would greatly decrease gyno risk
yes, that is the generally accepted hypothesis (note that i say "hypothesis" and not "theory." if you dont know the difference, its worth looking up;). running a androgen like stano may help to avoid on cycle gyno. stano contains epiandrosterone, a precursor to DHT. DHT opposes the effects of estrogen (either at the ER directly or through anti-aromatase activity, not sure which exactly). so yes, hypothetically, it could reduce the risk of gyno, but the amount you need to effectively do so is difficult to determine. lots of people run stano for this reason around 800-1200mg/day, and many are successful at avoiding gyno so thats possibly an effective dose but who knows. epi has been considered "anti-estrogenic" by some suggesting its works basically through the same pathways as i described for DHT. imo, that was a marketing ploy. it may do so to some degree but i wouldnt count on it for these anti-estrogenic and anti-gyno properties. it works for some but we have also seen it fail for others over and over.

Jas

Awards
My knowledge of people who have done epistane, is they got gyno when coming off it, not while their on it. Can epistane reduce gyno, as the chap said - maybe, but i think that maybe a marketing ploy, but having done a winstrol cycle before, it reduced my estrogen, effectively my puberty gyno which i've got. But it comes back when your off the gear.

There was some other post here that someone tried a pro-hormone / test booster "prime" and got gyno from it. So make sure you do PCT, and have anti-estrogen blocker.