Lots of gyno caused by poor androgen:estrogen ratio?

  1. Banned
    JoeySon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    811
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    47.2%

    Lots of gyno caused by poor androgen:estrogen ratio?


    Was hoping some of the more advanced guys could help me clear this up. I read that a lot of people's gyno is caused by a poor androgen:estrogen ratio. Also in the article, claiming that stacking an androgen with your chosen PH (assuming its mostly anabolic) would help prevent on-cycle induced gyno.

    Sorry if this makes no sense lol on my phone now so it's tough to find the exact article but I read it last night

  2. Advanced Member
    chris223's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    598
    Rep Power
    64753
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    14.04%

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeySon View Post
    Was hoping some of the more advanced guys could help me clear this up. I read that a lot of people's gyno is caused by a poor androgen:estrogen ratio. Also in the article, claiming that stacking an androgen with your chosen PH (assuming its mostly anabolic) would help prevent on-cycle induced gyno.

    Sorry if this makes no sense lol on my phone now so it's tough to find the exact article but I read it last night
    I may be wrong here, but I believe gyno is caused by estrogen or prolactin. Period. Link the article if you can, but it sounds like they're overcomplicating things.
  3. Senior Member
    heebs10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    1154
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    61.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by chris223 View Post
    I may be wrong here, but I believe gyno is caused by estrogen or prolactin. Period. Link the article if you can, but it sounds like they're overcomplicating things.
    yes, estrogen is the primary culprit (however there are numerous other factors) for gyno but you dont have to have overly high levels of estrogen to produce gyno if you have insufficient androgenic activity. ie: androgen/estrogen ratio is a crucial factor in gyno development. i dont have a link handy to back that up but i feel its been pretty well established, at least through my research anyways.
    VO2 Max = 58.75mL/kg/min
    ~If Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week~
    Learn Teach Lead
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    JoeySon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    811
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    47.2%

    Quote Originally Posted by heebs10 View Post
    yes, estrogen is the primary culprit (however there are numerous other factors) for gyno but you dont have to have overly high levels of estrogen to produce gyno if you have insufficient androgenic activity. ie: androgen/estrogen ratio is a crucial factor in gyno development. i dont have a link handy to back that up but i feel its been pretty well established, at least through my research anyways.
    Yea you explained it much better than I did lol I think part of what made me wonder was seeing people get gyno off Epi. Epi is anti-estrogenic and no progestin sides so it was explained to me as a poor estrogen/androgen ratio. May have understood it wrong but the guy also told me stacking Epi with an androgen product such as stano would greatly decrease gyno risk
  5. Senior Member
    heebs10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    1154
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    61.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeySon View Post
    Yea you explained it much better than I did lol I think part of what made me wonder was seeing people get gyno off Epi. Epi is anti-estrogenic and no progestin sides so it was explained to me as a poor estrogen/androgen ratio. May have understood it wrong but the guy also told me stacking Epi with an androgen product such as stano would greatly decrease gyno risk
    yes, that is the generally accepted hypothesis (note that i say "hypothesis" and not "theory." if you dont know the difference, its worth looking up. running a androgen like stano may help to avoid on cycle gyno. stano contains epiandrosterone, a precursor to DHT. DHT opposes the effects of estrogen (either at the ER directly or through anti-aromatase activity, not sure which exactly). so yes, hypothetically, it could reduce the risk of gyno, but the amount you need to effectively do so is difficult to determine. lots of people run stano for this reason around 800-1200mg/day, and many are successful at avoiding gyno so thats possibly an effective dose but who knows. epi has been considered "anti-estrogenic" by some suggesting its works basically through the same pathways as i described for DHT. imo, that was a marketing ploy. it may do so to some degree but i wouldnt count on it for these anti-estrogenic and anti-gyno properties. it works for some but we have also seen it fail for others over and over.
    VO2 Max = 58.75mL/kg/min
    ~If Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week~
    Learn Teach Lead
  6. New Member
    Jas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    60
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    46.84%

    My knowledge of people who have done epistane, is they got gyno when coming off it, not while their on it. Can epistane reduce gyno, as the chap said - maybe, but i think that maybe a marketing ploy, but having done a winstrol cycle before, it reduced my estrogen, effectively my puberty gyno which i've got. But it comes back when your off the gear.

    There was some other post here that someone tried a pro-hormone / test booster "prime" and got gyno from it. So make sure you do PCT, and have anti-estrogen blocker.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Virilization of Young Children After Topical Androgen Use by Their Parents
    By David Dunn in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-24-2006, 08:53 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-24-2006, 05:36 PM
  3. Gyno caused From Fina
    By Bone in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 09:53 PM
  4. A lot of newbie questions
    By alittlewhiteboy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-2003, 06:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in