PH's and Lexapro

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the risks of combining prohormones with ssri's (specifically, Lexapro). It's my understanding (with my limited knowledge on the subject), that testosterone and ssri's are both metabolized via the 3A4 enzyme, and this could cause problems. However, I've heard that Lexapro, specifically, does not have the same inhibitory effect on the 3A4 enzyme as other ssri's; so I was hoping some of you more informed AM'ers could shed some light on this for me.

Specifically, I'm (was) on 10mg ED of Lexapro for anxiety/GAD. I've been trying to ween myself off after years and years of use (just because I don't want to be on it anymore), and today will be my 5th day on 7.5mg (which I will continue on for another 1.5 weeks, then 5mg for 2 weeks, then 2.5mg for two weeks, then none.... if everything goes as planned, haha).

I was hoping to start a cycle of LG's 17-ProAndro, but was worried about interaction with the Lexapro. By the time I start the 17-Pro, I would also be starting my first day at 5mg Lexapro. Should I wait until I'm completely off the Lexapro, or was the information I found regarding Lexapro's reduced inhibitory effect correct?

Thanks for the help

allday54

Awards
I've taken a couple of cycles of primordial performances andro series and I had no ill effects . I currently have been taking celexa. The only thing I've had side effects from is certain pw's.

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
Ok, thanks for the help. I figured with something as mild as the 17-pro (or one from androseries), the risk of interaction wouldn't be as bad (especially if I were on as low a dose of Lexapro as 5mg), but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks again.

allday54

Awards
Yeah man I wouldn't worry. PP website has a drug interaction list. From what I've read through the forums and on certain sites pw's are the only thing you gotta be cautious of with ssris.