Epistane and SERMs (!?)

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Question Epistane and SERMs (!?)

I have researched this on a number of boards and can't seem to find a definitive answer. I'm hoping I can put this to rest here with you guys. There are people who say that a SERM is not required with epi, in fact, I have seem pictures online of gyno being eliminated using epi. It is said that because epi is anti-estro that gyno is never to be a problem. I've talked to a guy personally who used to do epi cycles without a SERM, only a OTC PCT, and he says he's just fine. Yet others, including a epi cycle FAQ which appears to be from the manufacturer of RPN Havoc say a SERM is required.My thoughts are that possibly because epi is anti-estro deeming gyno a non-issue, people assume a SERM is not required but maybe the SERM does something else a la test or some other function that is required to get a body back in working order post cycle? I'm 3 days into a 30/30/30/30 epi cycle. This is the first time I have done this, or any meds for that matter. I have Nolvadex on it's way in the mail from a research chem co, but I'm not sure if I need it. If I do need it, do I start it the day after I finish my cycle? I would appreciate some wisdom. Thanks.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

at that dose and length, a serm isnt needed for most people

think about it like this though. at longer more aggressive cycles of epistane, you are both supressing test production while manhandling estrogen to the ground. once you come off, theres a chance of estrogen rebound. thats where epistame gyno comes from. a serm will help protect from estrogen sides and bring your test back faster from supression
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    at that dose and length, a serm isnt needed for most peoplethink about it like this though. at longer more aggressive cycles of epistane, you are both supressing test production while manhandling estrogen to the ground. once you come off, theres a chance of estrogen rebound. thats where epistame gyno comes from. a serm will help protect from estrogen sides and bring your test back faster from supression
    Okay that last thing you said is key for me then. So a SERM will help to bring test back faster? You are sure about this? If so, despite gyno not being a problem I think it sounds like a good idea to take a SERM - even though it's not essential. Isn't the lack of test attributed to losing gains? Thanks!
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

If I'm not mistaken Epi is actually an anti-estrogen compound that has been used it Japan for a number of years. It does suppress estrogen, hence the gyno cure.

However, it also suppresses testosterone. This is where a SERM comes in and helps get testosterone flowing again after a cycle.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

I'll be doing the same exact cycle, epistane for 4 weeks at 30, already got nolva and just like you Op still researching about the best way to perform the PCT.

According to what I read till now the SERMs are necessary for two purposes, to avoid estrogens to tie to their receptors and lead to heavy sides like gyno while tricking the brain into thinking that it exist a certain hormonal balance thus pushing it to kickstart the process which leads to testosterone increase.

Anyway as you did I found opposed opinions, some guys say a pct is not even needed while others suggest a 20-20-10-10 with nolva and others even 40-40-20-20.

Some suggest the use of an aromatase inhibitor after the Serms since estrogens although made unefficient from serms are still present and ready to work once you stop the nolva while other say its not necessary.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. EPISTANE AND SERM PCT HELP
    By newmassfx in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 05:25 PM
  2. epistane and lasting serm effect
    By Anabolic Monkey in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 06:18 PM
  3. AI and SERM On cycle?
    By pistonpump in forum Anabolics