To taper T3 or not to taper T3

da_tank55

da_tank55

Awards
Is it really necessary to taper t3? Isn't anything over 12.5 shutting you down? So even if you taper from 100mcg down to 25mcg its really no difference, your still suppressed. I heard you really don't have to taper down, any thoughts?

csa2179

csa2179

Awards
Yeah to prevent rebound u should taper. Anything under 10mcg increases ur natural production. So if ur tapering down u want to go below 12.5 to help stimulate natural t3 production. If u don't ur going to have issues with rebound weight gain because ur thyroid takes a few weeks to get back to normal.

da_tank55

da_tank55

Awards
Yeah to prevent rebound u should taper. Anything under 10mcg increases ur natural production. So if ur tapering down u want to go below 12.5 to help stimulate natural t3 production. If u don't ur going to have issues with rebound weight gain because ur thyroid takes a few weeks to get back to normal.
Thanks for the knowledge!

csa2179

csa2179

Awards
Yeah I always taper down to 10, for a week. I have no actually research to back this up. I should of stated that earlier. That's just what I was told years ago. And I have never questioned it

da_tank55

da_tank55

Awards
Yeah I always taper down to 10, for a week. I have no actually research to back this up. I should of stated that earlier. That's just what I was told years ago. And I have never questioned it
I was always told to taper also but I was wondering if it was needed. Ill taper down to 10 and try it out

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I only increase my dose then stop, don't think you have "taper down". I go 12,5-75 for 4 weeks. I would recommend doing AAS with T-3 to keep strength, I didn't my first time and lost to much strength.