boldenone kidney toxicity?

Motank

Awards
Found this on an medical reserch site:
Boldenone is an anabolic steroid developed for veterinary use. Recently, it is used by bodybuilders in both off-season and precontest, where it is well known for increasing vascularity while preparing for a bodybuilding contest. However, the side effect of this steroid on the human health is still unclear. Therefore, the present study was designed to investigate the possible effect of the growth promoter, boldenone undecylenate, on the function and structure of the rabbit's kidneys. A total of 36 adult New Zealand rabbits were divided into 4 groups. Control group includes animals that were injected intramuscularly with olive oil and dissected after 3 weeks. Three experimental groups include animals that receive one, two and three intramuscular injections of 5 mg/kg body weight boldenone, and dissected after 3, 6, and 9 weeks, respectively, and the interval of each dose of boldenone was 3 weeks. The biochemical analysis of the blood serum of treated rabbit showed a significant increase in the total protein, urea and creatinine concentrations, with a significant decrease in albumin/globulin (A/G) ratio. At the same time, a significant glomerulus mass reduction that accompanied with the expression of CD34, a marker for endothelial cells deterioration, was also determined. The incidence of the glomerulosclerosis was significantly increased compared with the control group (0.46 ± 0.05, p < 0.05). The glomerulosclerosis scores were 1.32 ± 0.10, 2.14 ± 0.11 and 3.02 ± 0.09 in groups 2, 3 and 4, respectively. These findings suggest that misuse of the boldenone undecylenate may contribute to the occurrence of a chronic renal injury that may lead to a progressive renal failure.

Opinions?
Boldenone is known as one of the safest product in the game...
Thnx.

SPS

Awards
  • Established
Strong first post. Are rabbits in the same family as gerbils? Someone should let him know. That dose would be the equalivent of me taking 400 mg a day, which wouldn't be a huge dose. Interesting I guess...

Motank

Awards
Per week, not per day. It's okay, I guess you mean the same thing. It's more a cruising dose, agree.
Defininitely, they are not the same (rabbits&humans). But it's a thought that gives me no peace.
My biggest concern vs kidney toxicity was related to tren. But there is no scientific evidence to sustain it. And suddenly, after over 40 years, of both human and veterinary safe usage of boldenone, Bang! this study made by some egyptian histopathologists.
I keep a big doubt..