Low Test (Male 32)

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

The thing is, you don't necessarily want to go on TRT if you haven't ruled out other variables first. Being on TRT myself and going through a long process to rule things out before committing, I will say that no doctor should be putting someone on test because of one low lab.

But, if you need it, I say dive in no matter what your age. The difference it will make is unreal and you'll wonder why you waited.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Ok I've got another question. Do you need to take an AI while on TRT on either the gel or shots? Thanks.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Not if you get your protocol right. Many of us have moved to twice weekly injections at a lower dose and avoid any e2 issues.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Mo' problems

Insurance company denied the prescription unless I go see an Endo. Appointment tomorrow. This is why healthcare is so messed up in the USA. All I want is to feel normal again.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SPS View Post
    Now that I think of it I have never seen a post from someone who started trt who stated they regret doing it.
    No - but I HAVE seen many threads created by people on TRT who are trying to get off it.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Just another update here - I had to get another test done because my most recent one was above 300 (it was 320) and my insurance company required 2 tests below 300. The third test put me at 145. Yikes.

I finally was able to pick up my prescription today my insurance covered all but $10 bucks. Here is to hoping I can feel normal again! Sorry to any guy that has to go through this process. What a pain in the ass.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Did they stick you on the Androgel?
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Yes. I finally got a prescription of 2 pumps of 1.62 Androgel. I have been on it for 4 days now and I feel much better already in the morning. I still seem to crash out around 5pm, but I hear it takes a few weeks to build all the way up in my system. I am getting bloodwork done in another 7 weeks to see what my levels have gone up too.

I hear conflicting reports on if the injections or Androgel is better (for DHT). What do you all think?
  9. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by btale View Post
    Yes. I finally got a prescription of 2 pumps of 1.62 Androgel. I have been on it for 4 days now and I feel much better already in the morning. I still seem to crash out around 5pm, but I hear it takes a few weeks to build all the way up in my system. I am getting bloodwork done in another 7 weeks to see what my levels have gone up too.

I hear conflicting reports on if the injections or Androgel is better (for DHT). What do you all think?
    I apply half my pumps morning and half in the evening to keep the levels even more constant than topical alone vs injections. But def topical has more DHT conversion, esp if you apply it in certain areas (mostly in the groin area). So depends if you wanted or didn't want DHT conversion? You didn't specify.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Answers

To be honest I am not sure. I am relatively new to this and trying to get caught up as quickly as possible. I hear some people say DHT is good and some say it is bad. It is confusing.

Would it be better to get the injections? I worry because I have a 18 month old baby that wants to be held when I get home from work. It is 6-8 hours after I apply but it still freaks me out.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

To be honest I am not sure. I am relatively new to this and trying to get caught up as quickly as possible. I hear some people say DHT is good and some say it is bad. It is confusing.

Would it be better to get the injections? I worry because I have a 18 month old baby that wants to be held when I get home from work. It is 6-8 hours after I apply but it still freaks me out.
    That is cause dht is good, except when it messes with your hairline or prostate, but it won't do that to everyone. Imo you should go with injections since you have a baby. There could be times you simply can't wait to hold it or whatever after you put on the gel.
  12. Banned
    Answers

yeah I am a guy who WANTS some DHT conversion.....its "good for you" . Well OK you have to put all sorts of lotions and potions on your head to be certain it won't affect your hairline, and you need to get on a good saw palmetto extract for your prostate.....But DHT is actually a better choice than testosterone in many ways, of course its best in moderation since it can have those adverse side effects. I apply a pump or two of androgel "down there" for DHT conversion, as well I use andractim/DHT gel. Right now I am using andractim for some pre-existing gyno, and I put a few dabs down below as well. For most men the possile prostate issues and/or hair fallout causes them to shy away from DHT. But if you are not so prone to MPB and you use topical anti-androgens and minoxidil up there you should be OK. But yeah as already stated, androgel is a no-no with a small child....and to a lesser extent a wife. But especially a baby.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 25 year old male with low Test, Clomid?
    By krr61186 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 10:20 PM
  2. New here-- 32--low test- high estrone advice
    By slimchancejw in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 10:41 PM
  3. young male low test need help
    By soccer87 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 08:24 AM
  4. Need help!!! 32 low test will it ever come back