How much LBM can you gain on a cycle? and overtraining...

martyiscrazy

Awards
So on an average lean gain cycle how much muscle mass can you expect to gain? I'm 5'8" and I was at around 160 lbs, I'm 3 weeks into my cycle and I'm at 167 lbs. Also my body fat seems to be dropping or my muscles are just really pumped, if anything my midsection is a lot tighter than it was pre-cycle. Now I'm just wondering how much of this is water weight, and how much will be keepable gains. Has anyone gained 10 pounds of muscle on a cycle and kept all of it?

BTW I'm taking Cyano-RX and M-Sten from IML. Eating roughly 3000 calories a day (~800 over maintenance). Sort of doing a variation of the Super Squats routine.

Also second question, without a PH I usually train three days a week and usually feel sore for up to a week afterwards. On cycle, I still feel sore, but I'm lifting much more weight. Should I still be training hard with sore muscles or is there a risk of overtraining?

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I would not train a body part if it was still sore. There is no way to tell how much you will gain or keep. Everyone's body is different and diets also. Best of luck.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
my recovery on mechabol had me training 6 days a week.

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
If you're eating healthy and eating lots, plus getting a lot of sleep, you should be recovering enough to keep training. DOMS isn't necessarily indicative of a great workout, but could also mean you're not eating the right stuff to rebuild after your newly more intense workouts. Like hvactech, when I'm on cycle and diet and rest is in order, I can train 5-6 days per week, with maybe a two-a-day thrown in here and there.

Keep eating and training heavy and you'll grow. I'm two weeks out of PCT and I've held 15 lbs from my last cycle.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So on an average lean gain cycle how much muscle mass can you expect to gain? I'm 5'8" and I was at around 160 lbs, I'm 3 weeks into my cycle and I'm at 167 lbs. Also my body fat seems to be dropping or my muscles are just really pumped, if anything my midsection is a lot tighter than it was pre-cycle. Now I'm just wondering how much of this is water weight, and how much will be keepable gains. Has anyone gained 10 pounds of muscle on a cycle and kept all of it?

BTW I'm taking Cyano-RX and M-Sten from IML. Eating roughly 3000 calories a day (~800 over maintenance). Sort of doing a variation of the Super Squats routine.

Also second question, without a PH I usually train three days a week and usually feel sore for up to a week afterwards. On cycle, I still feel sore, but I'm lifting much more weight. Should I still be training hard with sore muscles or is there a risk of overtraining?

Nutrition to MATCH training, body adaptation to frequency, and primed hormonal environment.

I believe in training every muscle twice a week, the body will adapt after a bit, also, you need to pay close attention to

adequate nutrition if training frequent and intense. What is adequate? Well, that will depend on your LBM, activity level, supplements used, how much fat you are holding.

-Matt

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
I hope you have some cycle support going on with two dimethyls and another methyl;-)