WHATS THE WORST SIDE EFFECT YOU HAVE GOTTEN FROM A PH OR STEROID

seanghetto

seanghetto

Awards
seeing as the harm that they apparently do to you and the dangers of prohormone use are harped on about about soo much over the internet I was just wondering if anyone has actually gotten any real bad side effects or permanent damage resulting from the use of a prohormone?
Has anyone out there actually done any permanent damage to their liver with methyl's? It is apparently soo bad for you but i have never actually heard a first hand account of anyone having done any real serious damage.
I would like peolpe to share any of their bad experiences here... should be interesting to hear some horror stories.

joeblow1

Awards
I don't personally know of anyone either, but from my research ph's seem to be very harsh on the body. As far as long term effects go its unknown. I am not aware of anyone that has been using them for 30+ years to see the effects on the body. It's a crap shoot as far as I'm concerned and I usually stay away from the harsh Ones. I feel safer with aas because there is far more research available, and actual living examples of long term use. I would tread carefully with them and stick to the milder ones mostly, and limit use of the harsh ones as much as possible. I usually stick to injectables and rarely use orals. I may use orals a total of 12 weeks a year at the beginning of blasts.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
You won't get permanent damage unless you abuse them, or have pre-existing conditions.

Get bloods before you cycle, use cycle support supps, stay away from booze.

Personally prefer old-school hormones over PHs, although IML have some good ones.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
The effects are greatly exaggerated but there are negative effects. I don't think anything that can shorten your life significantly though other than blood pressure/cholesterol issues since those obviously weaken your heart. It's interesting though that only one Mr Olympia winner thus far has died(though there are only 13 I believe total). That was Sergio Oliva from kidney failure, don't jump to blaming that on steroids either because many elderly people die from kidney failure which could be caused by several things.

Problem is, like they say in Bigger Faster Stronger, you can't prove cause and effect. There are too many outside factors in any person's body that affect the same systems that they claim are damaged by steroid use. You can prove small things like spikes in BP, cholesterol, kidney/liver values, etc but the problem is there will never be a long term controlled study on the use of steroids. No one will be approved to isolate people and test steroids on them for years on end to find out long term effects for certain.

To answer OPs question for me the worst sides I've seen in the 2 cycles I've done(Halodrol and SD/4ad/Stano) were extreme back pumps during cycle and on the SD I had pretty high BP(130-140) once I went up to 30mg. I haven't experienced any effects that remained after the cycle, maybe a little extra chest hair but a very small amount.

LifterBR

Awards
Only did PH once (H-Drol). Don't consider it to be a "real" side effect, but the only "bad" thing I can remember was the increased rage.

amiller745

Awards
The worst thing that happened to me was a dead **** on and about a month on superdrol. Scared the **** out of me

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Mild acne, dull headache (blood pressure), and elevated aggression -this is very intermittent I experience thr same with daa

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
This is purely anectdotal, but look at people like Hulk Hogan and Stallone. These are people that likely never came off, and used steroids for 40 years straight.

Not saying it isn't without risks, but it appears that it doesn't really kill you very easily.

Only real side effect I've ever had was some mild acne on my upper arms.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Also a lot of people point to pro wrestlers who died in their 30's and want to blame steroids.

Those people ignore the fact that so many of those guys abused all sorts of recreational drugs.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Severe Abcesses during a SD cycle all of sudden in week 7 of an otherwise great cycle 8 years ago. Had emergency surgery on one the size and length of bratwurst in my gooch. My body wasnt able to fight infection and pimples were turning to these nasty huge puss filled things. Very painful and disgusting. Took just over a month for it to all to clear up.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
depression once cycle was over

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Severe Abcesses during a SD cycle all of sudden in week 7 of an otherwise great cycle 8 years ago. Had emergency surgery on one the size and length of bratwurst in my gooch. My body wasnt able to fight infection and pimples were turning to these nasty huge puss filled things. Very painful and disgusting. Took just over a month for it to all to clear up.
Sounds like MRSA...did you have them cultured?

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
**** I was eating bratwurst as I read this thanks man

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like MRSA...did you have them cultured?
No I didn't , nor did i have a follow up after my surgery. I was uninsured so I think that may be why I didn't get much attention from the doc during my 2 day stay. The first thing the doctor asked me after taking a look at my situation and drawing bloods was if I were using steroids. I wasn't sure if that was because of my physical appearance, condition or something in my blood work. Ill be honest though I lied and said no. It was a emberrasing situation and I was in pain, freaked out but I shoulda been honest. Its past. After that he tossed around reasons for it happening and mentioned chrones disease and something related to liver damage a my body not fighting infection properly which was most likely the case since I don't have chrones. In hindsight I wish I had been honest first off and also received more info on my bloodwork and liver condition at the time. With a clear head it woulda been my priority but at the time I wasn't thinking clear, I was thinking fix me so i dont die and get me outa here so I don't lose my job and after being loaded with dilauded for a couple days I was pretty willing to just go with the flow without many questions.

mstep

mstep

Awards
  • Established
Hairloss :( but it was gonna happen anyway cuz every guy in my family started balding at the age I did And they didn't take ph/aas. Also dry joints but goes away after 2 weeks, longest I ever been shut down was from sd and it was for 3 weeks. Beats the 6 month shut down from finasteride

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Minor gyno.
Use the right stuff and you can prevent a lot of sides.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
blood pressure headaches suck, along with the nosebleeds.....also lethargy isn't fun to deal with when you have a desk job

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice man from you profile picture looks like you need something you look like ****. Hope you not tryin to be a bodybuilder lmao better cut them carbs fatass
Lol, food > all. Learn something before coming on a forum bragging about a test cycle you did at age 17 . How was your pct? Your answer= "wutzz a pct?!".

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
The worst depression ever from crashed test levels, 60ng/dl. And the lethargy is lame, too

amiller745

Awards
Actually I pct with clomid jacka$$ and stayed on tribulis for about 8 weeks after that and I don even like test or dbol I got more gains off the clomid surprisingly. I probably won't do test again till later on I like ph's better favorite one so far has been epistane i got some solid gains didnt lose much after pct a pound at most
You didn't like test?

seanghetto

seanghetto

Awards
I may use orals a total of 12 weeks a year at the beginning of blasts.
Yea I would only do 2 ( 8 week) cycles a year and that's 4 weeks methyl and 4 weeks trenazone(non-methyl).
Your tempting fate running these things constantly on and off all year some guys for like 10 years.
I assume a great deal of the guys that use orals is simply as they do not know how to acces proper AAS. (as is my case..). there's a couple of guys at my gym who I believe are certainly on it ( could just be orals) but I would never think of approaching them and asking them where I can get some and therefore accusing them of being on it which may be taken the wrong way.
How did you end up finding them the first time?

seanghetto

seanghetto

Awards
Oh and i'm not asking for sources don't worry i'm just curious as to the events which led to you first gaining access to them?

liftin4fun

Awards
  • Established
For me the only sides I have over the many years of cycling would be very mild acne, back pumps, slight depression after cycle. On my SD/Phera cycle my blood pressure did reach close to 160. For long term effects I am not sure yet. Blood work always comes back nice a couple weeks after PCT.

xFRACTION

xFRACTION

Awards
  • Established
blood pressure headache/nosebleed. I once had crippling back pumps on 30mg of sd to the point I could only walk about a block at a time without stopping

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
lactating gyno from sd/trenavar/stano. here's to caber and aromasin! definitely going to start those from day 1 on this next cycle of the same compounds.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Backne and back pumps. That is all for me.

EatLiftGrow

Awards
blood pressure headache/nosebleed. I once had crippling back pumps on 30mg of sd to the point I could only walk about a block at a time without stopping
I had a similar experience as far as the back pumps go when I bumped my Helladrol to 100mg from 75mg. I couldn't stand for more than 20 min and driving a car was a nightmare for some reason even though sitting down.

chico1

Awards
I'm currently on my second week of hdrol and my liver enzyme test (ALT) came back at 163...normally it is 36...looking for help so this may be the right thread cuz thats definitly considered liver damage....I'm taking CEL Cycle Assist...doesnt look like its working...is this typical of a methyl (first cycle) or should I consider ending my cycle early?

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm currently on my second week of hdrol and my liver enzyme test (ALT) came back at 163...normally it is 36...looking for help so this may be the right thread cuz thats definitly considered liver damage....I'm taking CEL Cycle Assist...doesnt look like its working...is this typical of a methyl (first cycle) or should I consider ending my cycle early?
Holy hell batman. I'd stop. Liver damage isn't worth continuing . Methyls are pretty liver intensive.

TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift

Awards
You're not gonna die. Get some TUDCA and drink more water; report back.

Lhns2

Lhns2

Awards
I always make sure I have enough liver support. I run it regardless of cycles.

rayjay

rayjay

Awards
My worst was high BP like 155/90, and then extreme anxiety and a panic attack and racing heart that lasted for hours... All on Hdrol. I've I didn't die and my bloodwork looked great. I continued on to other things and I have never had anything like that again so I just don't think my body likes Hdrol.

Lhns2

Lhns2

Awards
Bloody noses week six of hdrol. All at random. This m-sten I'm having irregular heart beats if I go too hard in the gym. Going six weeks so we shall see. Almost done with week four onto five. Fast heart rate after drop sets on rows, stopped and my heart beat about 5 times in 15 seconds then went back to normal, almost passed out. Taking more than enough support for heart, bp, etc. At least m-sten didn't start my gyno up like hdrol did. Just going injection route after this from now on. I bet tren would turn me into a hairless ogre.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
After thinking, headaches and heartburn are the worst for me. I can deal with other sides, these suck

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
Worst I've had so far are acne minorly, lethargy when estrogen gets too low on a dry stack, and backpumps. My bloodpressure on Epi and Cyano stack was 122-78. I was taking nitrates in my preworkout and that could've been helping. But so far never really had any sides. But I don't drink or do other drugs and so the strongest thing I ever put down is the chemicals. That could be why

xFRACTION

xFRACTION

Awards
  • Established
After thinking, headaches and heartburn are the worst for me. I can deal with other sides, these suck
Yesss the heartburn gets me every cycle I have to stock up on tums n stuff! For some reason I feel like I get it from my support caps

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
Yesss the heartburn gets me every cycle I have to stock up on tums n stuff! For some reason I feel like I get it from my support caps
Do they have alpha lipoic acid in them? That has freaked some people out. It can sort of come up and cause a burn like that and it feels nasty .

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Do they have alpha lipoic acid in them? That has freaked some people out. It can sort of come up and cause a burn like that and it feels nasty .
I have experienced that if the pill doesn't go down well with ALA. Feels like an ice cube stuck in the back of my throat

merderah

I don't think anything that can shorten your life significantly though other than blood pressure/cholesterol issues since those obviously weaken your heart.

i think as SuperPro said, this would be the #1 thing to look out for.

I've had some issues with fast acting esters suddenly spiking BP (think propionate esters), giving some really annoying symptoms. BP @ 75/152, sore upper neck, dull headache and general malaise are what one would expect. If or when you encounter these, fix it fast. increase water intake, use nitrates (creatine nitrate for example) to quickly lower BP and start celery seed extract/hawthorn berry (which may take some time to kick in).

Cholesterol is a bit more silent in symptoms, there's a few supplements that may help out the situation but I wouldn't rely on these for a fit-it-all. Eat healthy and get lots of good fats in, it will help minimize impact of a skewing LDL/HDL ratio.

Almost all the other stuff you'll encounter is fairly easy to deal with.

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
i think as SuperPro said, this would be the #1 thing to look out for.

I've had some issues with fast acting esters suddenly spiking BP (think propionate esters), giving some really annoying symptoms. BP @ 75/152, sore upper neck, dull headache and general malaise are what one would expect. If or when you encounter these, fix it fast. increase water intake, use nitrates (creatine nitrate for example) to quickly lower BP and start celery seed extract/hawthorn berry (which may take some time to kick in).

Cholesterol is a bit more silent in symptoms, there's a few supplements that may help out the situation but I wouldn't rely on these for a fit-it-all. Eat healthy and get lots of good fats in, it will help minimize impact of a skewing LDL/HDL ratio.

Almost all the other stuff you'll encounter is fairly easy to deal with.
Great thoughts. Another thing. Bring my grandma into the picture here. Always read the good about flush form niacin but she went into doctor and her cholesterol was crazy. The good was down, the bad was up. He prescribed her meds but she decided to not take it. She started taking niacin. And started push mowing her own little yard. And went back in a while alter and cholesterol was A+ and doctor was surprised. Doctors around the states are prescribing niacin as a first resort. But it take a few weeks to get the effects so start it 4 weeks before your cycle.

merderah

Great thoughts. Another thing. Bring my grandma into the picture here. Always read the good about flush form niacin but she went into doctor and her cholesterol was crazy. The good was down, the bad was up. He prescribed her meds but she decided to not take it. She started taking niacin. And started push mowing her own little yard. And went back in a while alter and cholesterol was A+ and doctor was surprised. Doctors around the states are prescribing niacin as a first resort. But it take a few weeks to get the effects so start it 4 weeks before your cycle.

I'll keep this in mind for next time. You familiar with dosage?

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
I'll keep this in mind for next time. You familiar with dosage?
500 mg or extended release flush form niacin in the evening is recommended starting dosage. Extended release is more expensive. You can get the quick release stuff for way less money. But since you can get an insane flush/burn, you won't want to start out with 500 of the quick stuff. For me I get a flush at 75 mg. ID start at 100 4-5 times per day and work up from there. You will most likely feel red and hot each time but as you become used to it thus will be less and then each week up your dosage till you have the effect you need. ID think 500-1000 per day would be sufficient