1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.8%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by xFRACTION View Post

Yesss the heartburn gets me every cycle I have to stock up on tums n stuff! For some reason I feel like I get it from my support caps
    Do they have alpha lipoic acid in them? That has freaked some people out. It can sort of come up and cause a burn like that and it feels nasty .

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  140 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.96%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tinytony View Post

Do they have alpha lipoic acid in them? That has freaked some people out. It can sort of come up and cause a burn like that and it feels nasty .
    I have experienced that if the pill doesn't go down well with ALA. Feels like an ice cube stuck in the back of my throat
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.8%

Quote Originally Posted by FUBARMD View Post

I have experienced that if the pill doesn't go down well with ALA. Feels like an ice cube stuck in the back of my throat
    Yeah and it burns like a mother
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.16%

Yeah and it burns like a mother
    I had heartburn for years when I weighed 260
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.09%

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPro View Post
    I don't think anything that can shorten your life significantly though other than blood pressure/cholesterol issues since those obviously weaken your heart.

i think as SuperPro said, this would be the #1 thing to look out for.

I've had some issues with fast acting esters suddenly spiking BP (think propionate esters), giving some really annoying symptoms. BP @ 75/152, sore upper neck, dull headache and general malaise are what one would expect. If or when you encounter these, fix it fast. increase water intake, use nitrates (creatine nitrate for example) to quickly lower BP and start celery seed extract/hawthorn berry (which may take some time to kick in).

Cholesterol is a bit more silent in symptoms, there's a few supplements that may help out the situation but I wouldn't rely on these for a fit-it-all. Eat healthy and get lots of good fats in, it will help minimize impact of a skewing LDL/HDL ratio.

Almost all the other stuff you'll encounter is fairly easy to deal with.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.8%

Quote Originally Posted by merderah View Post

i think as SuperPro said, this would be the #1 thing to look out for.

I've had some issues with fast acting esters suddenly spiking BP (think propionate esters), giving some really annoying symptoms. BP @ 75/152, sore upper neck, dull headache and general malaise are what one would expect. If or when you encounter these, fix it fast. increase water intake, use nitrates (creatine nitrate for example) to quickly lower BP and start celery seed extract/hawthorn berry (which may take some time to kick in).

Cholesterol is a bit more silent in symptoms, there's a few supplements that may help out the situation but I wouldn't rely on these for a fit-it-all. Eat healthy and get lots of good fats in, it will help minimize impact of a skewing LDL/HDL ratio.

Almost all the other stuff you'll encounter is fairly easy to deal with.
    Great thoughts. Another thing. Bring my grandma into the picture here. Always read the good about flush form niacin but she went into doctor and her cholesterol was crazy. The good was down, the bad was up. He prescribed her meds but she decided to not take it. She started taking niacin. And started push mowing her own little yard. And went back in a while alter and cholesterol was A+ and doctor was surprised. Doctors around the states are prescribing niacin as a first resort. But it take a few weeks to get the effects so start it 4 weeks before your cycle.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.09%

Great thoughts. Another thing. Bring my grandma into the picture here. Always read the good about flush form niacin but she went into doctor and her cholesterol was crazy. The good was down, the bad was up. He prescribed her meds but she decided to not take it. She started taking niacin. And started push mowing her own little yard. And went back in a while alter and cholesterol was A+ and doctor was surprised. Doctors around the states are prescribing niacin as a first resort. But it take a few weeks to get the effects so start it 4 weeks before your cycle.

I'll keep this in mind for next time. You familiar with dosage?
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.8%

Quote Originally Posted by merderah View Post

I'll keep this in mind for next time. You familiar with dosage?
    500 mg or extended release flush form niacin in the evening is recommended starting dosage. Extended release is more expensive. You can get the quick release stuff for way less money. But since you can get an insane flush/burn, you won't want to start out with 500 of the quick stuff. For me I get a flush at 75 mg. ID start at 100 4-5 times per day and work up from there. You will most likely feel red and hot each time but as you become used to it thus will be less and then each week up your dosage till you have the effect you need. ID think 500-1000 per day would be sufficient

Similar Forum Threads

1. Whats the worst food you ate beacuse of your employer or client
    By MIGUEL1J in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-08-2013, 04:45 PM
  2. Whats the worst name you've seen a supplement named?
    By Drizzie88 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 01-15-2013, 03:59 PM
  3. The worst side effect you got from Anabolics !
    By Markusrulezzz in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 12:29 PM
  4. What is the worst side you've gotten from AAS?
    By nosnmiveins in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 11:09 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-10-2003, 08:06 AM