brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[h=2]A guide to capping orals with pictures.[/h]

This guide to capping oral supplements is brought to you by Black Lion Research

Ok men this is the Black Lion guide to capping orals. Today we will be making 100mg of whatever oral ingredient you prefer.

Supplies needed:

Active ingredient 40g
filler ingredient 180g
Capping machine *
Mortar and pestle
400 gelatin caps-empty size -00-
Digital scale

* you will more than likely be using a 25 or 50 cap machine. Simply adjust accordingly.
Each -00- cap will hold roughly 550mg of a dense powder. In this case we needed 220grams for 400 caps. You can estimate the total volume needed by hand filling one capsule, pouring out the contents and weighing it. From there multiply that number x the number of caps in your machine.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Step one. fill machine with caps. In my machine we attach the cap fill tray.
1.jpg

Then fill the tray with caps. Shake the tray and the capsules fall into the slots.

2.jpg

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Once Full
3.jpg

Repeat with the tops.

4.jpg

Attach the position tray and set aside.
5.jpg

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
WEIGHING AND MIXING

Geometric dilution. In order to be certain our active ingredient is evenly distributed throughout the mixture and to ensure consistent dosing in every capsule, geometric dilution must be employed. Watch this short video explaining and demonstrating geometric dilution.

[video]http://pharmlabs.unc.edu/video2.php?legacy/2001_geodilute.flv[/video]

Weigh out 40g active ingredient. The cap press can hold 400 caps x 100mg = 40000 or 40g
I ALWAYS weigh everything just a tad over.
6.jpg

Also weigh out an equal amount of filler. Hopefully you watched the video and understand why.
7.jpg

As seen in the video youll use a mortar and pestle to mix equal amounts of active and filler.

8.jpg

Here is the final mix after geometric dilution.
9.jpg

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
FILLING THE CAPS

Attach the rim guide.
Pour the mixed powder onto the tray. This is the same technique for every cap machine 15 cap and 600 cap.

Spread the powder out over the tray and fill the caps evenly.

Use the Tamp to pack the caps.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PRESSING THE CAPS

Once the caps are evenly filled.

Align the top and bottom trays and press firmly to compress the tops onto the bottoms.
You will be left with this.

And we are finished. Dump them into a bin for counting and dispensing.

And we are done.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Some pics won't load. Good guide.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Odd. I can see all of em. No loading. They are just visible on the page.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Odd. I can see all of em. No loading. They are just visible on the page.
Hmm weird, been thinking about getting a capper for my leucine. I'll have to look into this

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
do you sell or just do this to save money? looks interesting. how much did the capping machine cost?

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I own a supplement company. This press is used for products in R&D phases as it doesnt make sense to manufacture large quantities of a product until it has been thoroughly tested so we make small batches for testing purposes.

Capmquick makes small ones. These you need to put the caps into the slots by hand and attach the tops by hand.
It can take 15-20 min to make 50 caps. /1 batch

Capsulcn makes 100-600 cap presses. This^^^ is the 400 cap version. These have a method for quickly filling the cap slots and also presses all the tops on in one push. The one used in the guide photos was about 400$.
The cap m quick can be about 20$ I think. Smaller ones are fine if your just gonna make some stuff for yourself.

J_Dieter

Awards
Great guide! I'm also not able to see the pictures in the first 3 posts of the guide.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OK now can you see all the pictures clearly?

Im going to put up some other guides and step by step guides.
Any requests?

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
OK now can you see all the pictures clearly?

Im going to put up some other guides and step by step guides.
Any requests?
Yea awesome thanks for updating, I need to get one of those bad boys! What kind of guides were u considering?

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think Ill do a guide to liquid oral compounding next.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
I think Ill do a guide to liquid oral compounding next.
Idk if I would ever need to know thy but I'm sure many on these forums would love to see it!

Keep up the good work

Rush954

Rush954

Awards

alfredm005

Awards
very informative stuff, thanks for taking the time

elite1337

Awards
I have a doubt, I bought capsules and a precision scale, I decided to use as preencimento cornstarch ....
as I will share with some friends, and I have sarms powder, I did the following:

My idea was to make capsules 40 capsules 7mg of yk11 (sarms), a total of 280mg of sarms powder for 40 capsules correct?

seen that in each capsule fits 0.25g media cornstarch to fill, then for 40 capsules is equivalent to 10 grams of corn starch ...

then separated 10 grams of corn starch, and mixed with 280mg of yk11, mixed enough to not run the risk of getting uneven ....

then made 40 capsules with everything already mixed

is correct that?

He gave a lot of work ....
I realized that to make the liquid sarms (as sold) and need to boil and a complicated process ....
I thought of just mixing 280mg of yk11 powder with 40mls of some liquid, and time using shake the bottle, would be correct out 1ml of 7mg or not that substance mixture fully ...

please help me many doubts

Anaboliholic

Anaboliholic

Awards
Hell of a guide! Good work, might have to invest in some tools of my own

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
nice

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a doubt, I bought capsules and a precision scale, I decided to use as preencimento cornstarch ....
as I will share with some friends, and I have sarms powder, I did the following:

My idea was to make capsules 40 capsules 7mg of yk11 (sarms), a total of 280mg of sarms powder for 40 capsules correct?

seen that in each capsule fits 0.25g media cornstarch to fill, then for 40 capsules is equivalent to 10 grams of corn starch ...

then separated 10 grams of corn starch, and mixed with 280mg of yk11, mixed enough to not run the risk of getting uneven ....

then made 40 capsules with everything already mixed

is correct that?

He gave a lot of work ....
I realized that to make the liquid sarms (as sold) and need to boil and a complicated process ....
I thought of just mixing 280mg of yk11 powder with 40mls of some liquid, and time using shake the bottle, would be correct out 1ml of 7mg or not that substance mixture fully ...

please help me many doubts
if each cap holds 250mg and you have 40 caps youll want approx 10g total with active and filler.
So - the 280mg yk11 =9.72 or 9720mg.
Mix 280mg yk11 with 280mg filler in a mortar and pestle.
Repeat with 560mg filler
then 1120 filler
until everything is mixed.
Fill according to your cap press directions.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IM glad they left this up. I posted several of these guides that got wiped.
Will gladly put up some others.

Ajedo

Awards
Does it matter which filler is used? Say I use rice flour instead of cornstarch. Would the geometric dilution still evenly distribute the compounds? This may be a stupid question but I just thought I'd ask.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does it matter which filler is used? Say I use rice flour instead of cornstarch. Would the geometric dilution still evenly distribute the compounds? This may be a stupid question but I just thought I'd ask.
Yes. In fact rice flour is my favorite.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Creatine adds a lot of water weight so I wouldn't use it for that simple reason. It's expensive too compared to other fillers (I think)

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
brundel has taught me several useful tricks over the years, complete with pictures!

Ajedo

Awards
It's arrowhead mills organic brown rice flour. Should I get finer powder or is this sufficient?

wrxwhit

wrxwhit

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Creatine adds a lot of water weight so I wouldn't use it for that simple reason. It's expensive too compared to other fillers (I think)
I don't think .440 grams of creatine per cap will add any noticeable water weight. That's just silly and while it's prob not the cheapest, it's a good viable solution that mixes well.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't think .440 grams of creatine per cap will add any noticeable water weight. That's just silly and while it's prob not the cheapest, it's a good viable solution that mixes well.
True I didn't think about how small of a dose it would be

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The non micronized creatine works well but there are of course cheaper options. I just happened to have creatine handy and its a similar texture and consistency as formestane. Rice flour is what we use in BLR products for filler when absolutely necessary. I do my best to only include active ingredients. This is also why creatine is not so bad. At least if you have to use a filler using one with benefits makes sense.