On cylcle, get sick...work out?

lboston

lboston

Awards
I seem to have caught a cold of some sort. Sneezing and snotting all over the place. On t cycle of 400mg/ week.

Should I keep lifting or take a couple days off? I feel relatively okay other than the snots.

Survey says...

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if its the healthiest advice but it works for me when I get alil under the weather. I use those emergencee packs and take extra immune supports twice a day. "Super Immune +" is what works for me . I go lower weight/ higher rep and try to sweat out alil light cardio afterword without getting too fatigued(4mph at 15% incline on treadmill is my thing)Plenty of fluids of course and I drink tons of green tea with raw honey all day. That's pretty much my ritual and I feel it at least helps get me thru it faster.

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
No Idea if this is true but a doc told me once when I asked this same question. She said that if the cold is still only in my head/neck it's ok to train. If it has proceeded into the chest, then you're too far gone and should rest. This was at an urgent care clinic so take it for what you will. Personally if its just a head cold I still go lift.

lboston

lboston

Awards
No Idea if this is true but a doc told me once when I asked this same question. She said that if the cold is still only in my head/neck it's ok to train. If it has proceeded into the chest, then you're too far gone and should rest. This was at an urgent care clinic so take it for what you will. Personally if its just a head cold I still go lift.
I saw that online as well. Makes sense.

eric40817

Awards
I saw that online as well. Makes sense.
I've been told the same thing. I take gut health regularly so when I feel something coming on I take an extra cap a day and turn up the intensity and try to sweat it out before it advances too far.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
i wouldnt do that. if you exercise while sick, you risk spreading the bacteria or virus to the chest and getting an infection there. then youre basicly ****ed for awhile

do you think your sickness is andro flu by chance?. id personally sit it out for a few days and see if it goes away

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Unless I'm throwing up or at imminent risk of sh*tting myself I will usually lift even if I don't feel 100%. May just lower the intensity a bit

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
i wouldnt do that. if you exercise while sick, you risk spreading the bacteria or virus to the chest and getting an infection there. then youre basicly ****ed for awhile
You may be right...but you know how hard it is to stay out of the gym sometimes ;)

lboston

lboston

Awards

do you think your sickness is andro flu by chance?. id personally sit it out for a few days and see if it goes away
Nr familiar with "andro flu". Can anyone elaborate

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nr familiar with "andro flu". Can anyone elaborate
Yeah Google "test flu" your body rebelling against the sudden high concentration of androgens. It should pass if that's it

ludbg

ludbg

Awards
yea probably test flu. i felt like **** for a week but i still went to gym 5 times

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Got M1T flu long time ago, was a gnarly couple days.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Loaded up on pseudofed, Mucinex, and bemadryl. Going to try to hit the gym after work.

grega60438

grega60438

Awards
I basically had the same question. I just got sick.
wk1-4 SD (30ED)
wk 5-12 Trenavar (60-90ED)
I am at week 6 of cycle. This is for sure a real cold as many other had it just prior.
Just recently breathing has become a challenge so I decreased Trenavar from 90 to 60 ED and so far have skipped two workouts. I hope to go back to normal by the end of this week, breathing dependent. I am considering getting some Bronkaid to see if I could get back on track quicker.