Complications from GEAR...What type of Doctor do we go and see?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    Regardless of what he put in his body, as long as everything is cleared and his endo runs an all inclusive hormone panel, the endo will have a good base from which to start treatment. Nothing against steroid savvy bodybuilders, but if you have the opportunity to get treated by a doctor who can have hands on time with you, I don't see why you would seek assistance elsewhere (unless of course the treatment you were receiving from said doctor was inadequate and ineffective). An endo's job is to regulate hormones. If he or she is good, their treatment should be sufficient.
    Obviously you havent been to an endo. It's not that simple.
    THe issue is that when someone does a steroid cycle and takes whatever compounds it affects the body in many ways.
    On the other hand, when something in the body doesnt work let's say naturally it's not as pronounced as steroids. Docs are not trained to look for all these hiden problems. They do a pretty basic check up.
    I have been to this doctor for many years on HRT and NEVER did he check for estrogen. He said that it shouldnt be high because test levels are within range. So as you see there you have it, that's you top of the line endo for you..lol
    Fortunately, I know my shieet so I dont need him to know all this stuff but not everybody are steroid savy.
    I understand where you come from with your statement, but if you ask a bunch of ppl about their endo you will get more horror stories than anything. Once in a while someone will get lucky with a good endo but not that often.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post

    Obviously you havent been to an endo. It's not that simple.
    THe issue is that when someone does a steroid cycle and takes whatever compounds it affects the body in many ways.
    On the other hand, when something in the body doesnt work let's say naturally it's not as pronounced as steroids. Docs are not trained to look for all these hiden problems. They do a pretty basic check up.
    I have been to this doctor for many years on HRT and NEVER did he check for estrogen. He said that it shouldnt be high because test levels are within range. So as you see there you have it, that's you top of the line endo for you..lol
    Fortunately, I know my shieet so I dont need him to know all this stuff but not everybody are steroid savy.
    I understand where you come from with your statement, but if you ask a bunch of ppl about their endo you will get more horror stories than anything. Once in a while someone will get lucky with a good endo but not that often.
    I'm on TRT right now. I've been to an endo. Thank you, come again. But you're right, most docs don't know shlt. That's why I go to my barber to cast my broken bones.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post

    Obviously you havent been to an endo. It's not that simple.
    THe issue is that when someone does a steroid cycle and takes whatever compounds it affects the body in many ways.
    On the other hand, when something in the body doesnt work let's say naturally it's not as pronounced as steroids. Docs are not trained to look for all these hiden problems. They do a pretty basic check up.
    I have been to this doctor for many years on HRT and NEVER did he check for estrogen. He said that it shouldnt be high because test levels are within range. So as you see there you have it, that's you top of the line endo for you..lol
    Fortunately, I know my shieet so I dont need him to know all this stuff but not everybody are steroid savy.
    I understand where you come from with your statement, but if you ask a bunch of ppl about their endo you will get more horror stories than anything. Once in a while someone will get lucky with a good endo but not that often.

    Wrong... You just have to do some research and not listen to things like this. I'm not being a dick but this is how people get fu**ed up.

    Yes it is hard and yes lots of docs are idiots but I'd listen to a doc with a 400k education than a "savvy" guy who does no blood work, has no medical background, has not studied the human body, and probably has taken less than his fair hate of biology classes.

    Come on man....

  4. Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post

    Obviously you havent been to an endo. It's not that simple.
    THe issue is that when someone does a steroid cycle and takes whatever compounds it affects the body in many ways.
    On the other hand, when something in the body doesnt work let's say naturally it's not as pronounced as steroids. Docs are not trained to look for all these hiden problems. They do a pretty basic check up.
    I have been to this doctor for many years on HRT and NEVER did he check for estrogen. He said that it shouldnt be high because test levels are within range. So as you see there you have it, that's you top of the line endo for you..lol
    Fortunately, I know my shieet so I dont need him to know all this stuff but not everybody are steroid savy.
    I understand where you come from with your statement, but if you ask a bunch of ppl about their endo you will get more horror stories than anything. Once in a while someone will get lucky with a good endo but not that often.
    And one more thing, if your intelligence level keeps you seeing the same doc for years, after he had repeatedly failed you, you only have room to grow. Good luck though.

  5. To the op, if letro didn't reverse your gyno then the only thing a doc is going to be able to do is cut the lump out. There is no other special treatment that I'm aware of other then surgery at this point. If that's not something your wanting to do then I suggest you try one more round of letro or live with a lump for the test of your life. It's not going to go away on its own. Your libido and test levels should recover eventually. But that lump is here to stay unless you get it removed or the letro works. I would get some pharmacy grade letro to be certain it's dosed correctly. Research chems are hit and miss unless you have a trusted source that you can rely on.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm on TRT right now. I've been to an endo. Thank you, come again. But you're right, most docs don't know shlt. That's why I go to my barber to cast my broken bones.
    Bro give me a break!
    Did your endo ever bother to fully check why you have a tesotsterone deficiency? OR you were just happy that you got a script?
    Do you know why you have a testosterone deficiency?

  7. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    And one more thing, if your intelligence level keeps you seeing the same doc for years, after he had repeatedly failed you, you only have room to grow. Good luck though.
    Dude go ****k yourself. LMAO

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Yeah, this is the kind of stuff I'm worried about. I mean this is our body. They have no problem treating drug addicts but when it comes to steroids it's all of a sudden a red flag and we're the scum of the earth? It's ridiculous.

    Fortunately, I remembered that one of my friends is a doctor and she recommended me an endocrinologist who specializes in hormones and metabolism. These guys have had to have seen it all since they deal directly with hormones. I'm hoping this guy (when I make an appointment) will be cool since my friend is going to speak to him directly about seeing me. Since I messed with my test and estrogen (Letro) my hormones are all out of wack so I'm sure I'll get both male and female panel bloods done and then hopefully from there he can help straighten me out. I'm nervous but I'm anxious to see what he says. My friend is going to speak to the Dr. on Monday. For those interested I'll post results when I get em.
    Most doctors have a problem towards drug addicts and are very hostile towards them.


    Many doctors are also drug addicts.


    Doctors are douches but sometimes they save lives.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post

    Bro give me a break!
    Did your endo ever bother to fully check why you have a tesotsterone deficiency? OR you were just happy that you got a script?
    Do you know why you have a testosterone deficiency?
    I have low test because I have low test. Believe it or not, it happens. All other hormone levels are well within the normal range. I have a vitamin d deficiency (which could be the culprit but it's unlikely), and that's being treated via 50,000iu capsules once weekly. I have no tumors or growths and no irregular readings which would explain low test, other than vitamin d and age.
    Was I "just happy I got a script"? The answer is "no". Feeling like your body isn't adequate isn't all that fun. Conversely, I am hopeful that this will aid in making my overall day better.
    Not all docs are as crappy as yours sounds. I had all-inclusive panels run prior to even discussing treatment options, and my doc was very insightful. I think you just got unlucky.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post
    Wrong... You just have to do some research and not listen to things like this. I'm not being a dick but this is how people get fu**ed up.

    Yes it is hard and yes lots of docs are idiots but I'd listen to a doc with a 400k education than a "savvy" guy who does no blood work, has no medical background, has not studied the human body, and probably has taken less than his fair hate of biology classes.

    Come on man....
    I know what you saying bro but a 400k education doesnt make you smarter and this is not directed at you personally but obviously he didnt do his research one way or another. He really never understood what the heck he was doing from the get go nor he does now.
    All these PHs and steroids some of you do it's all fine and dandy until shieet goes wrong then run over to doctors like little girls to get fixed up because you cant deal with reality of being shut down and the side effects which could have easily been avoided.
    Really? Do the fukking research and understand the consequences before you plunge into anabolics thinking it's candy. If you shut down the doctor will give you testosterone replacement therapy and what some of you want is a shoulder to cry on and someone to hold you hand through the process . Pls let's grow up people
    People get ****ked up because they choose to take anabolics that's why and have no knowledge to figure their way out of it, period!

    And this is a lesson to be learned for anybody who wants to do steroids or PHs, if you dont have a plan B then dont bother geting involved with this shieet. Doctors will not fix you up but patch you up at best and send your arse out the door.

    For the original poster, hope you have $5k to get surgery because that's the only way to fix your lump. And btw the reason you felt crappy is that the letro was working and basically killed your estrogen, hence no sex drive. Im sure the endo will set you straight
    Good luck

  11. Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post

    Dude go ****k yourself. LMAO
    I apologize for attempting to insult your intelligence. That was uncalled for on my part.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I apologize for attempting to insult your intelligence. That was uncalled for on my part.
    Listen, we all get into heated arguments but at the end of the day we all here to learn and share experiences then we shake hands and move on.
    Reason I know a little bit about steroids is that I've been on them for 15 years and that was my choice.
    Reps for you bro

  13. Why do simple threads like this often turn into fights?

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Killler View Post
    Why do simple threads like this often turn into fights?
    Roid Rage.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by 00S4Boy View Post

    Roid Rage.

    Doesn't really exist....

  16. Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post

    Doesn't really exist....
    This is an excellent question. I have run all kinds of compounds and the worst it's gotten is "roid slightly agitated". Do some people actually uncontrollably rage, I don't think so. I think some people are some what unstable and then they manipulate hormone and get out really out of wack. Or there just naturally super turds
    Christopher
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/239904-csa2179s-hulk-mirror.html#post4289751

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Killler View Post
    Why do simple threads like this often turn into fights?
    Keyboards don't hit back.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by csa2179 View Post
    This is an excellent question. I have run all kinds of compounds and the worst it's gotten is "roid slightly agitated". Do some people actually uncontrollably rage, I don't think so. I think some people are some what unstable and then they manipulate hormone and get out really out of wack. Or there just naturally super turds
    Uncontrollable rage makes me think of the hulk, and my 2 year old son sometimes, haha. For me its something will bug me or get me mad and I have a hard time getting over it, like I am pissed and just can't let it go, which isn't my personality at all when I am off cycle. Adderall has the same effect on me

  19. Quote Originally Posted by SPS View Post

    Uncontrollable rage makes me think of the hulk, and my 2 year old son sometimes, haha. For me its something will bug me or get me mad and I have a hard time getting over it, like I am pissed and just can't let it go, which isn't my personality at all when I am off cycle. Adderall has the same effect on me
    Sounds like u get roid irritated, I want to hear from some one who gets actual roid rage!!

    I'm like u I just get annoyed, and mentally don't let go of things...like a women
    Christopher
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/239904-csa2179s-hulk-mirror.html#post4289751

  20. Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post

    Listen, we all get into heated arguments but at the end of the day we all here to learn and share experiences then we shake hands and move on.
    Reason I know a little bit about steroids is that I've been on them for 15 years and that was my choice.
    Reps for you bro


    I'm not disagreeing with you about most doc's not knowing crap, but your comments were pretty strong. Strong comments lead people to "believe" that that must be fact or the only way or "oh since he was so firm in his comments it must be true," when In actuality good doctors with understand about anabolic steroids do exist. They are brutally hard to find, but a good doc with a good understanding of the body and anabolic's do exist and they should be sought out first when anyone has these kinds of issues. Way before a "savvy" guy who has used lots of gear.

    The issue is guys don't get second opinions or do their own research for whatever reason. Ok I'll get off my soap box.

  21. I have seen true roid rage a few times in the past. Not as much with exp guys on gear of proper age. I believe age and development both physically and mentally plays a role. Plus if you're a semi-psychotic person before taking gear, it may effect you worse than others. The development referring to people under stay 20 on gear. I remember kids in high school that were already 4-5 cycles deep before they were 18. One kid knocked out a teacher for a joke he made in class. Another punched through his driver side window when he forgot his PWO at home. Kid slammed a plate into his head, requiring 8 stitches because he didn't get the reps he wanted. These aren't exactly extreme cases, but I've really only seen it from founder, under developed people on gear, not exp users that know what they are doing to their bodies. I myself can get so pissed over the smallest things and find myself with my AR in the back yard blowin through rounds a lot when on cycle haha but ne'er anything crazy or losing self control. Better chance of me beating the **** outta some one when I'm drunk than on cycle.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by 00S4Boy View Post

    Roid Rage.
    When I rage I TYPE IN CAPS!!!!!

  23. Quote Originally Posted by StayinHeavy View Post
    I have seen true roid rage a few times in the past. Not as much with exp guys on gear of proper age. I believe age and development both physically and mentally plays a role. Plus if you're a semi-psychotic person before taking gear, it may effect you worse than others. The development referring to people under stay 20 on gear. I remember kids in high school that were already 4-5 cycles deep before they were 18. One kid knocked out a teacher for a joke he made in class. Another punched through his driver side window when he forgot his PWO at home. Kid slammed a plate into his head, requiring 8 stitches because he didn't get the reps he wanted. These aren't exactly extreme cases, but I've really only seen it from founder, under developed people on gear, not exp users that know what they are doing to their bodies. I myself can get so pissed over the smallest things and find myself with my AR in the back yard blowin through rounds a lot when on cycle haha but ne'er anything crazy or losing self control. Better chance of me beating the **** outta some one when I'm drunk than on cycle.
    I'd say those cases all qualify as roid rage
    Christopher
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/239904-csa2179s-hulk-mirror.html#post4289751

  24. Woah. A lot going on in here since my last post. My appointment is later today so I'll provide details afterward. The doctor is a board certified internal medicine and endocrinologist. He specializes in treating diabetes, thyroid disorders, osteoporosis, and in providing hormone replacement therapy to transgender patients. He probably has to know some stuff about steroids for that kind of stuff right? He also specializes in geriatric endocrinology (elderly people) and you constantly have to balance their hormones. I'm confident this doctor knows his stuff and can help me.

    At this point I'm past the whole gyno lump thing. This is about getting my test and estrogen back to within normal range and hopefully the range that has me operating/functioning properly. Since I messed around with my estrogen I'm sure he will test both hormone panels and who knows what else.

    I completely understand the worries and opinions in the thread as we've all heard or experienced horror stories. However, if I feel that he's not doing his job or is lacking in knowledge, I won't see him again or I'll ask that he recommends me to someone who has more experience in that department. I'd rather go to a professional doctor than seek advice from the average joe who has done his fair share of roids. Everyone's body is different and what side-effect one person experienced may not be the same for another so I'd rather hear it from someone who dedicated their life and mind to knowing about hormones and the human body.

  25. Good deal with the appointment bud. Hopefully it all pans out and this doc is good at what they do. The only doc I fear is the dentist because I don't know enough about the internal workings of my mouth.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 110
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 01:32 PM
  2. What type of shoes do you all wear?
    By waynaferd in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 12:41 PM
  3. What type of BP do you guys see on cycle?
    By 17amethyl in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 09:23 AM
  4. What types of tests do insurance cover?
    By mauibuilt in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 09:17 PM
Log in
Log in