Don't be that guy?

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
A friend and I were discussing the possibility of him getting onto a cycle, and like a smart person he actually asks questions which I answer for him so he can decide on whether or not he wants to actually get on. He proposed a question to me that I personally never had thought of before:

"Has there ever been someone that everyone is like, "don't be like that guy?"
Of course references use on anabolics. I couldn't really think of any answers at the time other than the story of the kid who was in high school that was on a cycle, and because of his depression and a very stupid doctor that told him to stop cold turkey, who committed suicide. Other than that, as to my knowledge there has never really been a prime example of "don't be like this guy".

Does anyone have any personal stories of someone that they actually knew who completely F*ED themselves over because of usage?

whaz

whaz

Awards
I had a friend who was 27 and knew nothing about steroids whatsoever and decided he wanted to take Tren and Winny. So sure enough he did, his only research being what doses of each to take. No pre/on/post cycle support of any kind no pct, no SERM or AI. Dude was a mess, he got gyno, got super depressed which contributed to landing him in jail. Went into jail, got out a couple weeks later, started pinning again like he hadn't missed a day. All that being said, he was an alcoholic in and out of sobriety that had lots of other underlying issues. He died about two months ago, not steroid related by any means. Just a classic case of a good guy who had no business doing what he was doing. It was pretty sad but at least I got to learn from his mistakes...

SPS

Awards
  • Established
I know someone, I don't really want to refer to him as a friend cause he is an idiot. He will run a cycle, make some decent gains, then lose all of it during and after pct. Litterally 2 weeks after pct he looks exactly the same as before he started, he loses all of it quickly, all because his diet is ****, too much beer, not enough protein, don't be that guy!!!

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
Would anyone reference Zyzz as an example? Do you think that his heart problem was related to his usage?

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
I had a friend who was 27 and knew nothing about steroids whatsoever and decided he wanted to take Tren and Winny. So sure enough he did, his only research being what doses of each to take. No pre/on/post cycle support of any kind no pct, no SERM or AI. Dude was a mess, he got gyno, got super depressed which contributed to landing him in jail. Went into jail, got out a couple weeks later, started pinning again like he hadn't missed a day. All that being said, he was an alcoholic in and out of sobriety that had lots of other underlying issues. He died about two months ago, not steroid related by any means. Just a classic case of a good guy who had no business doing what he was doing. It was pretty sad but at least I got to learn from his mistakes...
This dude sounded like he had much deeper problems than his AAS usage....

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
I guess while were on the subject I have a guy who orders stuff for his first cycle ends up taking 800 mg test 500 mg a tren and only gains about 12 pounds I know the stuff he took was good he didn't get it from me but I know it was good and now he does cycles try's to do take low-dose stuff and doesn't gain any weight at all and I know it's because he's got terrible diet I've seen him work out he checks out the girls more than he works out so I'd say he's that guy...

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think the general principal here is: Do It Right.

Research the compounds, research some biology and chemistry. Plan; plan the cycle to a T, plan your meals, plan your training, leave nothing to chance. Have a backup plan if something goes wrong, have your supports on hand and that includes pharma AI and SERMs. If you develop some tissue 6 weeks in to your cycle you better be able to combat it. And you should know what to do because you did the proper research. Be the guy that trains hard and has a decent physique, then uses AAS to put yourself over the top. Don't be the guy who uses AAS to combat a chit diet and lifting routine.

whaz

whaz

Awards
This dude sounded like he had much deeper problems than his AAS usage....
Oh absolutely. He was an alcoholic and probably bipolar or something. Not a good mix with AAS. Just trying to show the overall tom foolery that some people get into.

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
All very good replies, but has there even been a case where all the precautions were made and still something was messed up? To my knowledge there really isn't anything like that, to which I've heard. His question was mainly phrased with, has anyone ever done everything right only to end up ****ed up beyond belief. I've told him that you can have a chit diet and drink while on cycle and totally screw yourself up by being stupid. Estro rebound, gyno, ect all the sides. I guess there isn't a clear person that has been famous enough about totally failing in a cycle to just pinpoint. It'll always just be "someone I know"

Keepitreel

Keepitreel

Awards
All very good replies, but has there even been a case where all the precautions were made and still something was messed up? To my knowledge there really isn't anything like that, to which I've heard. His question was mainly phrased with, has anyone ever done everything right only to end up ****ed up beyond belief. I've told him that you can have a chit diet and drink while on cycle and totally screw yourself up by being stupid. Estro rebound, gyno, ect all the sides. I guess there isn't a clear person that has been famous enough about totally failing in a cycle to just pinpoint. It'll always just be "someone I know"
Precaution is the best, People who know what they are doing dont just "mess up". Mess up = not well informed on subject

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Barring any conditions the user may have that they don't know about, a healthy adult can pin test and stay pretty safe, in fact it has a plethora of benefits for long and healthy living.

TurnKey

TurnKey

Awards
A friend and I were discussing the possibility of him getting onto a cycle, and like a smart person he actually asks questions which I answer for him so he can decide on whether or not he wants to actually get on. He proposed a question to me that I personally never had thought of before:

Of course references use on anabolics. I couldn't really think of any answers at the time other than the story of the kid who was in high school that was on a cycle, and because of his depression and a very stupid doctor that told him to stop cold turkey, who committed suicide. Other than that, as to my knowledge there has never really been a prime example of "don't be like this guy".

Does anyone have any personal stories of someone that they actually knew who completely F*ED themselves over because of usage?
If That is the same young man from the Documentary Bigger, Stronger, Faster then he was also taking SSRI's. One possible side with those is suicidal ideation especially is adolescents. Don't know what led this young man to off himself but, I don't think we can say with absolute certainty is was AAS use.
Bigger Stronger Faster is a pretty fun if anyone hasn't seen it.

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
If That is the same young man from the Documentary Bigger, Stronger, Faster then he was also taking SSRI's. One possible side with those is suicidal ideation especially is adolescents. Don't know what led this young man to off himself but, I don't think we can say with absolute certainty is was AAS use.
Bigger Stronger Faster is a pretty fun if anyone hasn't seen it.
Yeah, that is what I was watching. So, basically the only thing with AAS, PH's, whatever is that if you have a pre-existing condition already is how it would seem

AwhYeah

AwhYeah

Banned
Awards
Would anyone reference Zyzz as an example? Do you think that his heart problem was related to his usage?
Zyzz LOVED cocaine and ecstasy. I'm sure he had a mild condition and the party drugs exacerbated it. I don't think the man did cardio at all; he was a cigarette smoker.

Not real inspiration for a healthy lifestyle, but solid personality