Could a PIN potentially go to waste?

HULKSMASH25

Awards
Been doing self injections last 2 weeks. Normally had my mentor do em. Interesting things tonight.

Was using spotinjections and was being very meticulous about location. Finally tried and was very tender so poked myself but didn't penetrate. Bad start.

Found spot and penetrated. While trying to breath in and out didn't notice i pulled the needle out some and went back in. Bad idea.

Went through with injection. When allowing it to settle after noticed it was slanted and not directly straight in if that makes sense. Sort of at an angle.

My question is, can an injection done not at exactly the right place in the glute be a waste of test or is it as long as it's in and didn't hit a nerve you're good. Thanks.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
I'm reading this and honestly don't even know what a "spot injection" refers to.

All that matters is that it gets under your skin, or am I wrong? How could it not get absorbed?

Claytonr4

Claytonr4

Awards
Are u talking about subcutaneous rather than intramuscular?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been doing self injections last 2 weeks. Normally had my mentor do em. Interesting things tonight.

Was using spotinjections and was being very meticulous about location. Finally tried and was very tender so poked myself but didn't penetrate. Bad start.

Found spot and penetrated. While trying to breath in and out didn't notice i pulled the needle out some and went back in. Bad idea.

Went through with injection. When allowing it to settle after noticed it was slanted and not directly straight in if that makes sense. Sort of at an angle.

My question is, can an injection done not at exactly the right place in the glute be a waste of test or is it as long as it's in and didn't hit a nerve you're good. Thanks.
Wat? As long as you're not dumping the suspension on your skin and calling it good, any pin will be fine. Why do you think you have to pin at exactly certain places??

abs322

abs322

Banned
Awards
as long as ur in the muscle you're fine, you may get some leakage into the sub-q fat if not deep IM.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
dont stress out about being perfect. if its in, its in. do you think these guys who are injecting daily long term get it right every time?

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Subq is slightly slower. But you will still get all the test

Aspirate, ha never, stick and go like a boxer.

lol.