Are steroids a long term thing? Thoughts - AnabolicMinds.com

Are steroids a long term thing? Thoughts

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. New Member

What I mean is can I do one cycle, gain a few pounds than never cycle again and maintain the new muscle with proper nutrition/training?

Or do I have to keep doing cycles forever until I quit working out?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

You can definitely cycle on and off whenever you please. It's just that it's hard to give up that "god like" feeling you get once you're On (depending on which product(s) you chose) its hard to do just 1
  3. mbq
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.

Yeah, long breaks are not a disaster. Rest is necessary for muscle mass you gained after a cycle. 2 weeks of rest will not do any harm to your new muscle. Always be in good form by exercising on a regular basis.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Its just as addicting as any other drugs. It sucks because you can develop a mental dependance on the stuff and thats when people start abusing it. After your first cycle youll never want to come off
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

ive notice a few guys who run orals year round to maintain. doesnt seem realistic to me
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

this question has been asked a hundreed tmes and i dont think its ever really been answered. i think if you use and pass a certain limit, youre gonna lose some when you come off the cycle. but for someone who isnt completely massive already, youd probly be ale to keep everything after pct if you maintain the fitness lifestyle

just one of those questions thats unprovable by studies because of the legality/taboo behind steroids
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Naw my thing is that i tend to think i wont grow without em.... which i have to snap out of regularly
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    this question has been asked a hundreed tmes and i dont think its ever really been answered. i think if you use and pass a certain limit, youre gonna lose some when you come off the cycle. but for someone who isnt completely massive already, youd probly be ale to keep everything after pct if you maintain the fitness lifestyle

just one of those questions thats unprovable by studies because of the legality/taboo behind steroids
    The theory is that everyone has a "genetic limit" regarding the amount of lean mass they can naturally hold on to.

Realistically, most people who use AAS haven't reached that limit through natural means, partly because it's not an easy thing to do.

So let's say you take AAS, make gains, but still haven't surpassed a level you could have attained naturally. In theory, you could hold on to a large percentage of those gains after coming off, as long as you continued to train hard and eat enough.

Someone like a pro bodybuilder will never come off for the duration of their career, because they've far surpassed their natural genetic limit, and must use drugs to maintain.

The main problem I see, is that when someone uses AAS to break through a plateau, they're going to slowly lose those gains unless they make major changes to their diet and training after coming off. If they just keep doing what they've been doing before the cycle, it's only a matter of time before those gains are slowly lost.

Stuff like this drives me crazy sometimes. It's part of the reason I've been considering just cruising on a low dose, but that's a major commitment, and it means being on drugs essentially for life.
  9. Professional Member

awesome thread here.bumping this for more replies
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by R1187

The theory is that everyone has a "genetic limit" regarding the amount of lean mass they can naturally hold on to.

Realistically, most people who use AAS haven't reached that limit through natural means, partly because it's not an easy thing to do.

So let's say you take AAS, make gains, but still haven't surpassed a level you could have attained naturally. In theory, you could hold on to a large percentage of those gains after coming off, as long as you continued to train hard and eat enough.

Someone like a pro bodybuilder will never come off for the duration of their career, because they've far surpassed their natural genetic limit, and must use drugs to maintain.

The main problem I see, is that when someone uses AAS to break through a plateau, they're going to slowly lose those gains unless they make major changes to their diet and training after coming off. If they just keep doing what they've been doing before the cycle, it's only a matter of time before those gains are slowly lost.

Stuff like this drives me crazy sometimes. It's part of the reason I've been considering just cruising on a low dose, but that's a major commitment, and it means being on drugs essentially for life.
    I've been all natty since I started lifting, and recently got ahold of test prop. I know it's hard to say but would I be able to keep most gains then as long as training and diet remained constant after cycle.
  11. New Member

I get it now

If you want to stay above the genetic limit you have to keep cycling for life it's like a lifestyle

If you use it once and you don't pass your genetic limit you'll keep most of the gains

. But once you pass your limit and never cycle again you'll slowly go back to your genetic limit.
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pypp View Post
    I've been all natty since I started lifting, and recently got ahold of test prop. I know it's hard to say but would I be able to keep most gains then as long as training and diet remained constant after cycle.
    I don't see why not.

Granted, I haven't even done my first test cycle yet; I've only run designer orals.

Even with those, I found it wasn't too difficult to at least maintain the increased bodyweight. Sometimes the hardest part is pushing past the "weak" feeling of being off cycle, and still training hard.

I think the best way to look at it is don't feel you have to keep the gains forever; just keep until the start of the next cycle.
  13. SPS

Quote Originally Posted by R1187 View Post
    I don't see why not.

Granted, I haven't even done my first test cycle yet; I've only run designer orals.

Even with those, I found it wasn't too difficult to at least maintain the increased bodyweight. Sometimes the hardest part is pushing past the "weak" feeling of being off cycle, and still training hard.

I think the best way to look at it is don't feel you have to keep the gains forever; just keep until the start of the next cycle.
    This is it, I read in a thread somewhere, two steps forward and one step back, that is a good way to think of it, once you are off you can keep most of your gains, but not all, plus the veins aren't popping thru your skin and mentally its just not the same lifting when you are off. The other thing is life happens, you miss a few days here and there, cheat on your diet here and there, etc. You got where you were before anabolics because of your diet and training, you have to constantly try to improve or you will slowly go back to where you were.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Pypp View Post
    Actually no... Unfortunately... I just recently realized this actually... After a off cycle, you need to start right back on, since you will just go back to your original makeup. That's assuming you have followed the correct protocol. What is the best way to hold onto muscle while off?.... Well what pros would normally do is take a form of igf pct to help mature the "new muscle"... Something has to keep you in that intense muscle building state.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I don't see why not.

Different strokes for different folks! That key is def training on off cycle.... Prob one of the hardest things to do...
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    ive notice a few guys who run orals year round to maintain. doesnt seem realistic to me
    my buddy, who i honestly think has some sort of mental condition but that's another story.

he runs, SD, Ment, trenadrol, m1t etc... year round. only rests like 2-3 weeks between cycles and DOES NOT use a serm (uses reversitol, test booster). I have huge arguments with him constantly about him ****ing his body up. His excuse "i feel fine". Idk if it's the god complex in him, but he's been the same size for roughly 1 year now. 7-8 cycles done total, 5,11ish 180lbs. I think if he did 7 successful full cycles of the **** he stacks, he should be a lot bigger lol

just pointing it out, some people just refuse to be educated on being safe. and his gains aren't even remarkable lol, he eats dirty all day and i dont even think he eats "BULK".
    OBSESSED is a word the LAZY use to describe the DEDICATED.
    Beast Mode RECOMP: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/224356-beast-mode recomp.html
  17. SPS

Quote Originally Posted by Russianog View Post
    my buddy, who i honestly think has some sort of mental condition but that's another story.

he runs, SD, Ment, trenadrol, m1t etc... year round. only rests like 2-3 weeks between cycles and DOES NOT use a serm (uses reversitol, test booster). I have huge arguments with him constantly about him ****ing his body up. His excuse "i feel fine". Idk if it's the god complex in him, but he's been the same size for roughly 1 year now. 7-8 cycles done total, 5,11ish 180lbs. I think if he did 7 successful full cycles of the **** he stacks, he should be a lot bigger lol

just pointing it out, some people just refuse to be educated on being safe. and his gains aren't even remarkable lol, he eats dirty all day and i dont even think he eats "BULK".
    that is so crazy his libido has to be nonexistant, mine would be at least. That is the funny thing, people think they need more drugs when they really need more protein and a cleaner diet. I think people become hooked because it could take you 6 months to put 30 pounds on your bench, but with anabolics you can do it in 3 weeks.

As for me I first started 7-8 years ago, first thing I ran was the original jungale warfare. I think I only got about 2 more cycles in me, by then I think I will be happy and do sarm cycle or two a year to maintain, that's the plan atleast
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SPS View Post
    that is so crazy his libido has to be nonexistant, mine would be at least. That is the funny thing, people think they need more drugs when they really need more protein and a cleaner diet. I think people become hooked because it could take you 6 months to put 30 pounds on your bench, but with anabolics you can do it in 3 weeks.

As for me I first started 7-8 years ago, first thing I ran was the original jungale warfare. I think I only got about 2 more cycles in me, by then I think I will be happy and do sarm cycle or two a year to maintain, that's the plan atleast
    he says he gets shut down but after his libido is "fine", of course he doesn't do ANY blood work, etc... He's going to enjoy TRT at a very young age.

He just finished a Ment/Tren and something else stack about 2 weeks ago, and is already waiting for another package with SD/Trenadrol/M1T, Epi.

FYI, on his last cycle, he didn't even plan ahead, he gets one bottle and then doses up and ends up with a 3 week cycle... doesn't even realize that he's just WASTING money by not running a FULL cycle. He doesn't plan ahead or think really...
    OBSESSED is a word the LAZY use to describe the DEDICATED.
    Beast Mode RECOMP: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/224356-beast-mode recomp.html
  19. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Actually no... Unfortunately... I just recently realized this actually... After a off cycle, you need to start right back on, since you will just go back to your original makeup. That's assuming you have followed the correct protocol. What is the best way to hold onto muscle while off?.... Well what pros would normally do is take a form of igf pct to help mature the "new muscle"... Something has to keep you in that intense muscle building state.
    best answer.
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the pros don't PCT. And if they do it consists of Dbol
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

pros pretty much blast and cruise with slin and hgh added onto the blast
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the pros don't PCT. And if they do it consists of Dbol
    Haha they also blast and cruise
  23. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

are steroids a long term commitment? yes, because being normal sucks.
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    nope, it's actually kinda stupid
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

There are different takes on this so here is mine:
    You can blast as much as your heart desires but when you come off you should come off to normal ranges and also drop the food down. Too many anabolics and food can increase the chances of becoming insulin resistant. I wouldnt recommend to artificially stay at a weight for too long dependent on anabolics.
    Once you become insulin resistant you will need more anabolics to get the same results and more food which drive insulin up and make you fat and slugish.
    plenty of guys in the gym on the juice who look like they not even on with poor results to show for.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by machorox123 View Post
    Its just as addicting as any other drugs. It sucks because you can develop a mental dependance on the stuff and thats when people start abusing it. After your first cycle youll never want to come off
    It's addictive if you have an addictive personality. In that case avoid cigarettes and religion.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    Too many anabolics and food can increase the chances of becoming insulin resistant. I wouldnt recommend to artificially stay at a weight for too long dependent on anabolics.
    JFC.... Really??? This statement would have to be one of the worst horseshyte bro science statements I've seen posted for some time.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Captn_the View Post

It's addictive if you have an addictive personality. In that case avoid cigarettes and religion.
    Ehhh i dont believe that.. People dont exactly get addicted to the drugs themselves because they dont cause any inmediate reactions..its the gains that are addicting. When your adding weight to every exercise your doing while getting leandr and fuller at the same time it sucks goin back to normal
  29. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Ehhh i dont believe that.. People dont exactly get addicted to the drugs themselves because they dont cause any inmediate reactions..its the gains that are addicting. When your adding weight to every exercise your doing while getting leandr and fuller at the same time it sucks goin back to normal
    what drugs are you thinking of? I dont know of any drugs that dont cause immediate reactions.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

If you're weak minded then drugs control you plain and simple. Drugs can be fun, if you know your limits and understand the risks. Illicit, OTC, makes no differemce
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

How about we ask this question instead, OP..
    How many people in this thread have used ph, aas, or ds?
    (probably most)
    Ok, of those people, how many have done just ONE cycle?
    (probably none)
    I think I just answered your question OP
  32. Stupes

Its still the result of the drugs, whether immediate or not. Your statement is analogous to saying people don't get addicted to the alcohol itself, they just get addicted to being dunk......
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupes View Post

Its still the result of the drugs, whether immediate or not. Your statement is analogous to saying people don't get addicted to the alcohol itself, they just get addicted to being dunk......
    Being drunk is an immediate reaction to the liquor though..its not like as soon as you pin yourself you feel superhuman nor can your body develop a physical dependance on the stuff
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.

Being drunk is an immediate reaction to the liquor though..its not like as soon as you pin yourself you feel superhuman nor can your body develop a physical dependance on the stuff
    This is true.

However the second I pulled the needle out from my very first test injection, I already felt stronger.
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Do they even have a liver left?
  36. Stupes

Yeah but people get addicted to the result of the drugs, regardless of time lapse that said result is experienced.....
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    are steroids a long term commitment? yes, because being normal sucks.
    Yes!

And being a freak is so much more fun!
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Captn_the View Post

Did you just compare religion to cigs!?

No thats not offensive at all....... :/
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I honestly cant compare steroids to drugs....
    Its almost like a different kind of addiction. Out of anything you get addicted to the results....
    I never really noticed the "alpha feeling" but the gains were addicting.
  40. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Did you just compare religion to cigs!?

No thats not offensive at all....... :/
    People get high off religion all the time. It's the brainwashing that does it. Opium of the Masses they call it for good reason
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 05:05 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-19-2004, 04:47 AM
  3. PH use and long term suppression
    By badbart in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 10:14 AM
  4. Long-term Effect of Heavy Drug-Use on BB
    By MrBean in forum General Chat