Are steroids a long term thing? Thoughts

musclebrah

Awards
What I mean is can I do one cycle, gain a few pounds than never cycle again and maintain the new muscle with proper nutrition/training?

Or do I have to keep doing cycles forever until I quit working out?

BlackGT99

BlackGT99

Awards
You can definitely cycle on and off whenever you please. It's just that it's hard to give up that "god like" feeling you get once you're On (depending on which product(s) you chose) its hard to do just 1

mbq

mbq

Awards
Yeah, long breaks are not a disaster. Rest is necessary for muscle mass you gained after a cycle. 2 weeks of rest will not do any harm to your new muscle. Always be in good form by exercising on a regular basis.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Its just as addicting as any other drugs. It sucks because you can develop a mental dependance on the stuff and thats when people start abusing it. After your first cycle youll never want to come off

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
ive notice a few guys who run orals year round to maintain. doesnt seem realistic to me

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
this question has been asked a hundreed tmes and i dont think its ever really been answered. i think if you use and pass a certain limit, youre gonna lose some when you come off the cycle. but for someone who isnt completely massive already, youd probly be ale to keep everything after pct if you maintain the fitness lifestyle

just one of those questions thats unprovable by studies because of the legality/taboo behind steroids

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Naw my thing is that i tend to think i wont grow without em.... which i have to snap out of regularly

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
this question has been asked a hundreed tmes and i dont think its ever really been answered. i think if you use and pass a certain limit, youre gonna lose some when you come off the cycle. but for someone who isnt completely massive already, youd probly be ale to keep everything after pct if you maintain the fitness lifestyle

just one of those questions thats unprovable by studies because of the legality/taboo behind steroids
The theory is that everyone has a "genetic limit" regarding the amount of lean mass they can naturally hold on to.

Realistically, most people who use AAS haven't reached that limit through natural means, partly because it's not an easy thing to do.

So let's say you take AAS, make gains, but still haven't surpassed a level you could have attained naturally. In theory, you could hold on to a large percentage of those gains after coming off, as long as you continued to train hard and eat enough.

Someone like a pro bodybuilder will never come off for the duration of their career, because they've far surpassed their natural genetic limit, and must use drugs to maintain.

The main problem I see, is that when someone uses AAS to break through a plateau, they're going to slowly lose those gains unless they make major changes to their diet and training after coming off. If they just keep doing what they've been doing before the cycle, it's only a matter of time before those gains are slowly lost.

Stuff like this drives me crazy sometimes. It's part of the reason I've been considering just cruising on a low dose, but that's a major commitment, and it means being on drugs essentially for life.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
awesome thread here.bumping this for more replies

Pypp

Pypp

Awards
  • Established
The theory is that everyone has a "genetic limit" regarding the amount of lean mass they can naturally hold on to.

Realistically, most people who use AAS haven't reached that limit through natural means, partly because it's not an easy thing to do.

So let's say you take AAS, make gains, but still haven't surpassed a level you could have attained naturally. In theory, you could hold on to a large percentage of those gains after coming off, as long as you continued to train hard and eat enough.

Someone like a pro bodybuilder will never come off for the duration of their career, because they've far surpassed their natural genetic limit, and must use drugs to maintain.

The main problem I see, is that when someone uses AAS to break through a plateau, they're going to slowly lose those gains unless they make major changes to their diet and training after coming off. If they just keep doing what they've been doing before the cycle, it's only a matter of time before those gains are slowly lost.

Stuff like this drives me crazy sometimes. It's part of the reason I've been considering just cruising on a low dose, but that's a major commitment, and it means being on drugs essentially for life.
I've been all natty since I started lifting, and recently got ahold of test prop. I know it's hard to say but would I be able to keep most gains then as long as training and diet remained constant after cycle.

musclebrah

Awards
I get it now

If you want to stay above the genetic limit you have to keep cycling for life it's like a lifestyle

If you use it once and you don't pass your genetic limit you'll keep most of the gains

. But once you pass your limit and never cycle again you'll slowly go back to your genetic limit.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
I've been all natty since I started lifting, and recently got ahold of test prop. I know it's hard to say but would I be able to keep most gains then as long as training and diet remained constant after cycle.
I don't see why not.

Granted, I haven't even done my first test cycle yet; I've only run designer orals.

Even with those, I found it wasn't too difficult to at least maintain the increased bodyweight. Sometimes the hardest part is pushing past the "weak" feeling of being off cycle, and still training hard.

I think the best way to look at it is don't feel you have to keep the gains forever; just keep until the start of the next cycle. ;)

SPS

Awards
  • Established
I don't see why not.

Granted, I haven't even done my first test cycle yet; I've only run designer orals.

Even with those, I found it wasn't too difficult to at least maintain the increased bodyweight. Sometimes the hardest part is pushing past the "weak" feeling of being off cycle, and still training hard.

I think the best way to look at it is don't feel you have to keep the gains forever; just keep until the start of the next cycle. ;)
This is it, I read in a thread somewhere, two steps forward and one step back, that is a good way to think of it, once you are off you can keep most of your gains, but not all, plus the veins aren't popping thru your skin and mentally its just not the same lifting when you are off. The other thing is life happens, you miss a few days here and there, cheat on your diet here and there, etc. You got where you were before anabolics because of your diet and training, you have to constantly try to improve or you will slowly go back to where you were.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Actually no... Unfortunately... I just recently realized this actually... After a off cycle, you need to start right back on, since you will just go back to your original makeup. That's assuming you have followed the correct protocol. What is the best way to hold onto muscle while off?.... Well what pros would normally do is take a form of igf pct to help mature the "new muscle"... Something has to keep you in that intense muscle building state.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I don't see why not.

Different strokes for different folks! ;) That key is def training on off cycle.... Prob one of the hardest things to do...

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
ive notice a few guys who run orals year round to maintain. doesnt seem realistic to me
my buddy, who i honestly think has some sort of mental condition but that's another story.

he runs, SD, Ment, trenadrol, m1t etc... year round. only rests like 2-3 weeks between cycles and DOES NOT use a serm (uses reversitol, test booster). I have huge arguments with him constantly about him ****ing his body up. His excuse "i feel fine". Idk if it's the god complex in him, but he's been the same size for roughly 1 year now. 7-8 cycles done total, 5,11ish 180lbs. I think if he did 7 successful full cycles of the **** he stacks, he should be a lot bigger lol

just pointing it out, some people just refuse to be educated on being safe. and his gains aren't even remarkable lol, he eats dirty all day and i dont even think he eats "BULK".

SPS

Awards
  • Established
my buddy, who i honestly think has some sort of mental condition but that's another story.

he runs, SD, Ment, trenadrol, m1t etc... year round. only rests like 2-3 weeks between cycles and DOES NOT use a serm (uses reversitol, test booster). I have huge arguments with him constantly about him ****ing his body up. His excuse "i feel fine". Idk if it's the god complex in him, but he's been the same size for roughly 1 year now. 7-8 cycles done total, 5,11ish 180lbs. I think if he did 7 successful full cycles of the **** he stacks, he should be a lot bigger lol

just pointing it out, some people just refuse to be educated on being safe. and his gains aren't even remarkable lol, he eats dirty all day and i dont even think he eats "BULK".
that is so crazy his libido has to be nonexistant, mine would be at least. That is the funny thing, people think they need more drugs when they really need more protein and a cleaner diet. I think people become hooked because it could take you 6 months to put 30 pounds on your bench, but with anabolics you can do it in 3 weeks.

As for me I first started 7-8 years ago, first thing I ran was the original jungale warfare. I think I only got about 2 more cycles in me, by then I think I will be happy and do sarm cycle or two a year to maintain, that's the plan atleast

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
that is so crazy his libido has to be nonexistant, mine would be at least. That is the funny thing, people think they need more drugs when they really need more protein and a cleaner diet. I think people become hooked because it could take you 6 months to put 30 pounds on your bench, but with anabolics you can do it in 3 weeks.

As for me I first started 7-8 years ago, first thing I ran was the original jungale warfare. I think I only got about 2 more cycles in me, by then I think I will be happy and do sarm cycle or two a year to maintain, that's the plan atleast
he says he gets shut down but after his libido is "fine", of course he doesn't do ANY blood work, etc... He's going to enjoy TRT at a very young age.

He just finished a Ment/Tren and something else stack about 2 weeks ago, and is already waiting for another package with SD/Trenadrol/M1T, Epi.

FYI, on his last cycle, he didn't even plan ahead, he gets one bottle and then doses up and ends up with a 3 week cycle... doesn't even realize that he's just WASTING money by not running a FULL cycle. He doesn't plan ahead or think really...

murk01

murk01

Awards
Actually no... Unfortunately... I just recently realized this actually... After a off cycle, you need to start right back on, since you will just go back to your original makeup. That's assuming you have followed the correct protocol. What is the best way to hold onto muscle while off?.... Well what pros would normally do is take a form of igf pct to help mature the "new muscle"... Something has to keep you in that intense muscle building state.
best answer.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the pros don't PCT. And if they do it consists of Dbol ;)

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
pros pretty much blast and cruise with slin and hgh added onto the blast

vassille

Awards
There are different takes on this so here is mine:
You can blast as much as your heart desires but when you come off you should come off to normal ranges and also drop the food down. Too many anabolics and food can increase the chances of becoming insulin resistant. I wouldnt recommend to artificially stay at a weight for too long dependent on anabolics.
Once you become insulin resistant you will need more anabolics to get the same results and more food which drive insulin up and make you fat and slugish.
plenty of guys in the gym on the juice who look like they not even on with poor results to show for.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
Its just as addicting as any other drugs. It sucks because you can develop a mental dependance on the stuff and thats when people start abusing it. After your first cycle youll never want to come off
It's addictive if you have an addictive personality. In that case avoid cigarettes and religion.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
Too many anabolics and food can increase the chances of becoming insulin resistant. I wouldnt recommend to artificially stay at a weight for too long dependent on anabolics.
JFC.... Really??? This statement would have to be one of the worst horseshyte bro science statements I've seen posted for some time.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
It's addictive if you have an addictive personality. In that case avoid cigarettes and religion.
Ehhh i dont believe that.. People dont exactly get addicted to the drugs themselves because they dont cause any inmediate reactions..its the gains that are addicting. When your adding weight to every exercise your doing while getting leandr and fuller at the same time it sucks goin back to normal

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ehhh i dont believe that.. People dont exactly get addicted to the drugs themselves because they dont cause any inmediate reactions..its the gains that are addicting. When your adding weight to every exercise your doing while getting leandr and fuller at the same time it sucks goin back to normal
what drugs are you thinking of? I dont know of any drugs that dont cause immediate reactions.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
If you're weak minded then drugs control you plain and simple. Drugs can be fun, if you know your limits and understand the risks. Illicit, OTC, makes no differemce

aceroni

Awards
How about we ask this question instead, OP..
How many people in this thread have used ph, aas, or ds?
(probably most)
Ok, of those people, how many have done just ONE cycle?
(probably none)
I think I just answered your question OP

Stupes

Its still the result of the drugs, whether immediate or not. Your statement is analogous to saying people don't get addicted to the alcohol itself, they just get addicted to being dunk......

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Its still the result of the drugs, whether immediate or not. Your statement is analogous to saying people don't get addicted to the alcohol itself, they just get addicted to being dunk......
Being drunk is an immediate reaction to the liquor though..its not like as soon as you pin yourself you feel superhuman nor can your body develop a physical dependance on the stuff

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Being drunk is an immediate reaction to the liquor though..its not like as soon as you pin yourself you feel superhuman nor can your body develop a physical dependance on the stuff
This is true.

However the second I pulled the needle out from my very first test injection, I already felt stronger. ;)

Stupes

Yeah but people get addicted to the result of the drugs, regardless of time lapse that said result is experienced.....

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Did you just compare religion to cigs!?

No thats not offensive at all....... :/

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I honestly cant compare steroids to drugs....
Its almost like a different kind of addiction. Out of anything you get addicted to the results....
I never really noticed the "alpha feeling" but the gains were addicting.

vassille

Awards
JFC.... Really??? This statement would have to be one of the worst horseshyte bro science statements I've seen posted for some time.
Are you stupid bro or just ignorant or both?
To be at a higher weight all the time and being on anabolics long-term requires a lot of food. All that food puts a lot of strain on you digestive system, including your pancreas and your organs in general. To eat 400-500-600g of carbs a day requires a ton of insulin. Dont you think this insulin has some kind of effect on cells?
Maybe you should get off the juice sometimes and do a little more research instead of making statements that shows your level of knowledge and ignorance.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
People get high off religion all the time. It's the brainwashing that does it. Opium of the Masses they call it for good reason
Wow.... thats your opinion sir.... lets revert back and ignore that...
Its your opinion... and im sorry you feel that way... but cigs and drugs are addicting... im not agreeing. With the religious part.

SPS

Awards
  • Established
Are you stupid bro or just ignorant or both?
To be at a higher weight all the time and being on anabolics long-term requires a lot of food. All that food puts a lot of strain on you digestive system, including your pancreas and your organs in general. To eat 400-500-600g of carbs a day requires a ton of insulin. Dont you think this insulin has some kind of effect on cells?
Maybe you should get off the juice sometimes and do a little more research instead of making statements that shows your level of knowledge and ignorance.
You are probably right but that is pretty doom and gloom considering the avg Joe is at a "higher" weight(fat) eats way too many carbs and doesn't work out and still manages to live to his 60s, 70s, 80s

Stupes

You are probably right but that is pretty doom and gloom considering the avg Joe is at a "higher" weight(fat) eats way too many carbs and doesn't work out and still manages to live to his 60s, 70s, 80s
Yeah - people who typically develop type II diabetes are chronically overweight (fat) and have high sugar diets. A guy who eats good carbs and works out is not typically developing diabetes.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah - people who typically develop type II diabetes are chronically overweight (fat) and have high sugar diets. A guy who eats good carbs and works out is not typically developing diabetes.
what are good carbs?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
what are good carbs?
Carbs that taste good of course? Silly Jb a obviously good carbs are cake, cookies, pasta, pizza, brownies and syrup...with pancakes!

Stupes

what are good carbs?
Carbs that are put to good use. Carbs that don't just sit there and make you fat.

Example - fast acting carbs right before bed that aren't carrying nutrients to muscle/energy use - and they spike insulin and go to fat storage - those are bad.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Jbry was joking..... And its actually a trick question. :)