Are steroids a long term thing? Thoughts

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. How about we ask this question instead, OP..
    How many people in this thread have used ph, aas, or ds?
    (probably most)
    Ok, of those people, how many have done just ONE cycle?
    (probably none)
    I think I just answered your question OP

2. Stupes

Quote Originally Posted by machorox123 View Post

Ehhh i dont believe that.. People dont exactly get addicted to the drugs themselves because they dont cause any inmediate reactions..its the gains that are addicting. When your adding weight to every exercise your doing while getting leandr and fuller at the same time it sucks goin back to normal
    Its still the result of the drugs, whether immediate or not. Your statement is analogous to saying people don't get addicted to the alcohol itself, they just get addicted to being dunk......
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Stupes View Post

Its still the result of the drugs, whether immediate or not. Your statement is analogous to saying people don't get addicted to the alcohol itself, they just get addicted to being dunk......
    Being drunk is an immediate reaction to the liquor though..its not like as soon as you pin yourself you feel superhuman nor can your body develop a physical dependance on the stuff

4. Quote Originally Posted by machorox123 View Post
    Being drunk is an immediate reaction to the liquor though..its not like as soon as you pin yourself you feel superhuman nor can your body develop a physical dependance on the stuff
    This is true.

However the second I pulled the needle out from my very first test injection, I already felt stronger.
  5. Are steroids a long term thing? Thoughts

ive notice a few guys who run orals year round to maintain. doesnt seem realistic to me
    Do they even have a liver left?
  6. Stupes

Quote Originally Posted by machorox123 View Post

Yeah but people get addicted to the result of the drugs, regardless of time lapse that said result is experienced.....

7. Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    are steroids a long term commitment? yes, because being normal sucks.
    Yes!

And being a freak is so much more fun!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Captn_the View Post

It's addictive if you have an addictive personality. In that case avoid cigarettes and religion.
    Did you just compare religion to cigs!?

No thats not offensive at all....... :/

9. I honestly cant compare steroids to drugs....
    Its almost like a different kind of addiction. Out of anything you get addicted to the results....
    I never really noticed the "alpha feeling" but the gains were addicting.
  10. Are steroids a long term thing? Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Did you just compare religion to cigs!?

No thats not offensive at all....... :/
    People get high off religion all the time. It's the brainwashing that does it. Opium of the Masses they call it for good reason
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by Captn_the View Post
    JFC.... Really??? This statement would have to be one of the worst horseshyte bro science statements I've seen posted for some time.
    Are you stupid bro or just ignorant or both?
    To be at a higher weight all the time and being on anabolics long-term requires a lot of food. All that food puts a lot of strain on you digestive system, including your pancreas and your organs in general. To eat 400-500-600g of carbs a day requires a ton of insulin. Dont you think this insulin has some kind of effect on cells?
    Maybe you should get off the juice sometimes and do a little more research instead of making statements that shows your level of knowledge and ignorance.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Captn_the View Post

People get high off religion all the time. It's the brainwashing that does it. Opium of the Masses they call it for good reason
    Wow.... thats your opinion sir.... lets revert back and ignore that...
    Its your opinion... and im sorry you feel that way... but cigs and drugs are addicting... im not agreeing. With the religious part.

13. Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    Are you stupid bro or just ignorant or both?
    To be at a higher weight all the time and being on anabolics long-term requires a lot of food. All that food puts a lot of strain on you digestive system, including your pancreas and your organs in general. To eat 400-500-600g of carbs a day requires a ton of insulin. Dont you think this insulin has some kind of effect on cells?
    Maybe you should get off the juice sometimes and do a little more research instead of making statements that shows your level of knowledge and ignorance.
    You are probably right but that is pretty doom and gloom considering the avg Joe is at a "higher" weight(fat) eats way too many carbs and doesn't work out and still manages to live to his 60s, 70s, 80s
  14. Stupes

Quote Originally Posted by SPS View Post

You are probably right but that is pretty doom and gloom considering the avg Joe is at a "higher" weight(fat) eats way too many carbs and doesn't work out and still manages to live to his 60s, 70s, 80s
    Yeah - people who typically develop type II diabetes are chronically overweight (fat) and have high sugar diets. A guy who eats good carbs and works out is not typically developing diabetes.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Stupes View Post
    Yeah - people who typically develop type II diabetes are chronically overweight (fat) and have high sugar diets. A guy who eats good carbs and works out is not typically developing diabetes.
    what are good carbs?

16. Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post

what are good carbs?
    Carbs that taste good of course? Silly Jb a obviously good carbs are cake, cookies, pasta, pizza, brownies and syrup...with pancakes!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  17. Stupes

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    what are good carbs?
    Carbs that are put to good use. Carbs that don't just sit there and make you fat.

Example - fast acting carbs right before bed that aren't carrying nutrients to muscle/energy use - and they spike insulin and go to fat storage - those are bad.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Stupes View Post

Carbs that are put to good use. Carbs that don't just sit there and make you fat.
    So all the above mentioned :3!
    >SNS-Glycophase<

19. Jbry was joking..... And its actually a trick question.
  20. Stupes

Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Jbry was joking..... And its actually a trick question.
    Hence my answer.

21. Good thread.

Seeing as we're asking all sorts, is the following scenario realistic?

A newbie (with good form and nutrition, so not complete newbie) does a cycle of AAS, does a legit PCT, as long as he hasn't passed his natural genetic potential (which obviously is a variable) he would pretty much keep most of his gains?

So what I'm getting at is could newbies use AAS as a short cut?

For what it's worth, I'm not trying to do the above, don't think I'll ever dabble with AAS but it doesn't hurt to know about 'the dark side'

22. Quote Originally Posted by Doughnut View Post
    Good thread.

A newbie (with good form and nutrition, so not complete newbie) does a cycle of AAS, does a legit PCT, as long as he hasn't passed his natural genetic potential (which obviously is a variable) he would pretty much keep most of his gains?

For what it's worth, I'm not trying to do the above, don't think I'll ever dabble with AAS but it doesn't hurt to know about 'the dark side'
    Yes you could keep it. That's if you are keeping your calories at the point of keeping that new muscle.

23. Quote Originally Posted by musclebrah View Post
    I get it now

If you want to stay above the genetic limit you have to keep cycling for life it's like a lifestyle

If you use it once and you don't pass your genetic limit you'll keep most of the gains
    and . But once you pass your limit and never cycle again you'll slowly go back to your genetic limit.
    dudo your genetic limit like mine is so f****** huge massive 250 pound it take years to get ther and then cycling and u get huge synthetic muscles mass and to maintain hat u neee gear

24. Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    dudo your genetic limit like mine is so f****** huge massive 250 pound it take years to get ther and then cycling and u get huge synthetic muscles mass and to maintain hat u neee gear
    The drugs are synthetic; the muscles are not.

25. Quote Originally Posted by SPS View Post
    Signs show very early in life as early as 40. Then the meds come into play trying to fix the problem which is prob why ppl tend to live a little longer being sick, crappy life though.
    With steroids this problem is accelerated with the increase of food intake and cholesterol being higher, insulin, blood pressure etc..
    That's why it's important to eat right in accordance to your body type. While off the cycle back off the food and give your body a break to recover.
    I'd say if ppl decide to be on a lot watch your cholesterol closely. If you need to take suplements to correct it do it.

26. Quote Originally Posted by Doughnut View Post
    Good thread.

Please do not look for encouragement to start a cycle and enjoy the lifestyle...I do not frown upon AAS at all, but I do not see the point when someone is just a recreational lifter and not a competitive athlete or Pro BodyBuilder (the latter, which is not present in this forum at all).
    >SNS-Glycophase<

27. Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Yes you could keep it. That's if you are keeping your calories at the point of keeping that new muscle.
    That is correct. And then there is a point that you can go past that and be on anabolics and stay even bigger but you need to eat even more!
    THat's the catch. Trust me after a while being 250lbs tends to be a chore if all you do all day is eat 6-7 meals. You def need to love bodybuilding to do this.

28. Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    what are good carbs?
    I consider good carbs natural carbs that you can find in the ground or pick off a tree. So if you are into eating carbs to bulk I usually go for patatoes, fruits, vegetables, wild rice things like that. That's just me

29. Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    I consider good carbs natural carbs that you can find in the ground or pick off a tree. So if you are into eating carbs to bulk I usually go for patatoes, fruits, vegetables, wild rice things like that. That's just me
    Potatoes, rice and veggies grow on trees...yup I'll take cake, brownies and muffins with a side order of pancakes to go please!
    >SNS-Glycophase<

30. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Potatoes, rice and veggies grow on trees...yup I'll take cake, brownies and muffins with a side order of pancakes to go please!
    yeah I used to kill pancakes from Mcdonalds but that;s thing of the past lol

It's proccessed vs unprocessed i was trying to get at.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 07:05 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-19-2004, 06:47 AM
  3. PH use and long term suppression
    By badbart in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 12:14 PM
  4. Long-term Effect of Heavy Drug-Use on BB
    By MrBean in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17