Milk Thisle dose not affect Orals

Borispili

Borispili

Banned
Awards
Seriously bros milk thisle has no affect on oral gains I dont know who created that Bullshizzle but it needs to stop

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
This article is about effect of milk thistle on prostate cancer. Doesn't mean it will have the same effect on muscle cells. And in addition this is based on an in vitro study.
youre not going to find any studies on how silymarin effects androgen receptors with steroid use because methyl orals arnt popular enough, not interesting enough, and are gonna be banned soon. so we have to do with what studies we have

the reason this study is significant is because of the described mechanism that Milk Thistle is working in the prostate. It is showing effectiveness in treating prostate cancer because it prevents the androgen receptor from making it to the nucleus of the cell. In order for testosterone to work, it must pass from the blood to the inside of a muscle cell, bind to the androgen receptor inside the cell, then travel inside the nucleus where it binds to your DNA.These researchers were able to show that Milk Thistle did not reduce the number of androgen receptors, nor did it prevent androgens from binding to the receptors. All it seemed to do was prevent the androgen receptor from traveling to the nucleus. the androgen receptor, once bound to the androgen, must make it to the nucleus in order to increase protein synthesis.

now the study was only on certain sites, so who knows if it works the same everwhere else. but the point is there is evidence of milk thistle negatively effecting AR and thats what we have to go on. at the end of the day thouggh, milk thistle fukin sux anyways. NAC and SAMe are better

Borispili

Borispili

Banned
Awards
explain to me why my beastadrol is still working fine

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
fuk if i know. anything i say would be anecdotal at best because these studies we use arnt designed for steroid use. i was just making the case that there is evidence for the milk thistle-AR theory. if i had to guess, it would be either milk thistle effects certain sites more than others. or its impossible for milk thistle to completely negate everything because of its ridiculously poor bioavailabity. im hardly one to put up the debate on this. i just listed everything i know on the matter lol. maybe someone with more knowledge will come in and throw their 2 cents around

figdaddy

Awards
  • Established
Haha that article is completely unrelated from a science stand point lol....

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It demonstartes that milk thistle inhibits the function of the androgen receptor. Yes, this study is related to prostate cancer but you are failing to recognize that if it inhibits androgen receptor function regardless, it is inhibiting the binding your exogenous androgen consumption reducing its binding and it effects.

da_tank55

da_tank55

Awards
Is there a time frame on how long it inhibits it?

da_tank55

da_tank55

Awards
i think the peak levels are 2-4 hour after dose, and the half life is 6-8 hours
So even taking a cycle support with milk thistle 4 hours after an oral dose might still have an effect on the binding to the receptor? Might have to rethink my whole dosing scheme.

Borispili

Borispili

Banned
Awards
serious you going to risk your liver health or 2 pounds of muscle, Im only a week and a half in and allready up 12 lbs, guess what?? taking milk thisle!!!!!

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
So even taking a cycle support with milk thistle 4 hours after an oral dose might still have an effect on the binding to the receptor? Might have to rethink my whole dosing scheme.
well this is all theoretical, we dont really know anything for certain. id rather go SAMe, NAC, or tudca for liver health. theyre better and you dont hve to wory about the AR

da_tank55

da_tank55

Awards
serious you going to risk your liver health or 2 pounds of muscle, Im only a week and a half in and allready up 12 lbs, guess what?? taking milk thisle!!!!!
I have 50 grams of tudca so thats what I was going to substitute. I just like the other ingredients in some cycle support products.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, this study is related to prostate cancer but you are failing to recognize that if it inhibits androgen receptor function regardless, it is inhibiting the binding your exogenous androgen consumption reducing its binding and it effects.
I do recognize that it may inhibit androgen receptors binding, but at what dose? And in vitro.
I haven't seen any in vivo study showing it inhibits androgen receptors.
Having said that,I do agree that it may inhibit androgen receptors even in Vivo (based on in vitro results) however I doubt that few mg of MT would hinder your gain on or off cycle.

jclay

Awards
milk thistle affects the androgen receptor. plus why the hell use milk thistle when you can get TUDCA? seriously 35 bucks for 60 250mg caps of it at nutra planet

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Hasn't the benefits of milk thistle on the liver never actually been shown in study? Just some theories on the effects it could have?

Either way I'll stick to TUDCA sing I'm allergic to milk thistle =].

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hasn't the benefits of milk thistle on the liver never actually been shown in study? Just some theories on the effects it could have?

Either way I'll stick to TUDCA sing I'm allergic to milk thistle =].
Here are some of them:

^ Szilard S, Szentgyorgyi G, Dhanalakshmi S et al. (1988 ). Protective effect of Legalon in workers exposed to organic solvents. Acta Med Hung. 45: 249-256.

^ Palasciano G, Portincasa P, Palmieri V et al. (1994). The effect of silymarin on plasma levels of malon-dialdehyde in patients receiving long-term treatment with psychotropic drugs. Curr Ther Res. 55(5):537-545.

^ Lieber CS, Leo MA, Cao Q, Ren C, DeCarli LM. (2003). "Silymarin retards the progression of alcohol-induced hepatic fibrosis in baboons". Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology 37 (4): 336-9. doi:10.1097/00004836-200310000-00013. PMID 14506392.

^ Ladas EJ, Kroll DJ, Oberlies NH, Cheng B, Ndao DH, Rheingold SR, Kelly KM (January 2010). "A randomized, controlled, double-blind, pilot study of milk thistle for the treatment of hepatotoxicity in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)". Cancer 116 (2): 506-13. doi:10.1002/cncr.24723. PMID 20014183.

SouthernHulk

Awards
The mind is a strong thing,placebo can be almost as strong as steroids in some instances,so if you think something does something,you may just psyche yourself out.